What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's wait and see. A year or two ago, no one could've seen the AH-1Z coming with 1000 hellfires.......or WZ10 or Russians opening up. So i guess, we'll have to chug along and not speculate. Pakistan is as important as ever in the rapidly changing environment of the Middle-east, south Asia, i hope our Daft leaders can actually make a good use of the situation.

Does anyone know if this billion dollar deal is finance by Pakistan or US FMF?
US FMF can not be possible. US can not ask their tax payers for this after the WAR's it has recently fought. The Congress would only give these Zulu's if Pakistan Pays for them.

US FMF can not be possible. US can not ask their tax payers for this after the WAR's it has recently fought. The Congress would only give these Zulu's if Pakistan Pays for them.

US gives about a billion and half to Pakistan each year, that is military to military funding only, USAID civilian funding is separate. So i think they can technically use the Coalition Support Fund to fund these, but yea Pakistan can pay as well. Would be interesting to know.

US gives about a billion and half to Pakistan each year, that is military to military funding only, USAID civilian funding is separate. So i think they can technically use the Coalition Support Fund to fund these, but yea Pakistan can pay as well. Would be interesting to know.
The Coalition Support fund would be paying the difference to the price Pakistan paid for the 28 embargoed F-16's to Block-52. Though I would love to see Pakistan taking the US to court for damages regarding these 28 F-16's that were paid for but not delivered.

The Coalition Support fund would be paying the difference to the price Pakistan paid for the 28 embargoed F-16's to Block-52. Though I would love to see Pakistan taking the US to court for damages regarding these 28 F-16's that were paid for but not delivered.

Out of the 28, 14 were made up for....though used. I think the finances on that old order are now settled.....USA paid back in some crap quality wheat at the time. No point in wasting time and money in the courts for digging out old graves. A case like this is easily going to run into 100 million USD or more.....What Pakistan can do is, ask for more MLU f-16s, plenty of fleets around the world that would be retiring soon...or USA's own ANG units.

Out of the 28, 14 were made up for....though used. I think the finances on that old order are now settled.....USA paid back in some crap quality wheat at the time. No point in wasting time and money in the courts for digging out old graves. A case like this is easily going to run into 100 million USD or more.....What Pakistan can do is, ask for more MLU f-16s, plenty of fleets around the world that would be retiring soon...or USA's own ANG units.

Yes it can be a long time but you know the lawyers and judges even hang the corps of the dead to give justice.

There are many MLU'ed ones in Europe. Not to mention the Greeks are in a bit of financial trouble so they might be interested in selling the Block 52's they have. There is news that the 3 A-340-300's Govt. of Greece owns are for sale, so are other assets. These could be the only that might be available on short notice or the Turkish Block-30's though not MLU'ed. The US ones require engine changes.

Yes it can be a long time but you know the lawyers and judges even hang the corps of the dead to give justice.

There are many MLU'ed ones in Europe. Not to mention the Greeks are in a bit of financial trouble so they might be interested in selling the Block 52's they have. There is news that the 3 A-340-300's Govt. of Greece owns are for sale, so are other assets. These could be the only that might be available on short notice or the Turkish Block-30's though not MLU'ed. The US ones require engine changes.

Turkey won't part anytime soon, since they have a decent life in them, if they chose not to MLU, it means that's the end of life for them. PAF would be looking for airframes with at least 10-15 years of life. Humid/wet weather has its own way of taking toll.

This deal is not only for 15 AH-1Z but includes 1000 advanced Hellfire missile and 32 engines for older cobras. There are suspicions over supply of spares in future for these cobras. But overall I think this is not bad deal.

Turkey won't part anytime soon, since they have a decent life in them, if they chose not to MLU, it means that's the end of life for them. PAF would be looking for airframes with at least 10-15 years of life. Humid/wet weather has its own way of taking toll.
The only place you can low humid / wet weather is a desert. The stored F-16's require the same approvals a new one would require and would not be as cheap as the ones flying so one might have a new one then for a little more.

If I look at AH-1Z, T-129 and WZ-10, WZ-10 looks like a toy and does not seem to mean business. Thats just looks, not capability.

Mate are you purchasing those for marriages?

Pakistan should go for remaining 18 F-16 option, Already approved in US congress and ready to delivered only mode

We don't have any Block-30 variant.

TURAF poses F-16C/D Block 40 and 50/50+ variants only and they'll be replaced by the time TF-X becomes operational, 2025 wards.

We don't have any Block-30 variant.

TURAF poses F-16C/D Block 40 and 50/50+ variants only and they'll be replaced by the time TF-X becomes operational, 2025 wards.
What would F-35's replace?

Exactly. Pakistan Army uses muscle power to kill its own citizens whether it is East Pakistan, Balochistan and in KPK. Pakistan Army created Taliban now the same people have joined the terrorist outfits inside Pakistan.
I thought I will never use the negative rating but I must because of your chronic hatred for the army and your ludicrous
comparisons

Taliban were created by CIA and Saudi collaboration after the approval of Democratically elected prime minster Benazir Bhutto.
as far as killing its own citizens is concerned, the mandate of any army worth its salt is simple. to fight and destroy all internal and external enemies of the state.

if you are suffering from some hatred hamoroid syndrome then look up the actions taken by Saudis against its "own citizens" calling themselves Al-Akhwan. if it doesnt work for you then see how Hazrat Abu Bakar r.a dealt with the tribes who had a second thought about not paying zakat.

the bottomline is dont mess with the state because it has the means to screw you deep, long and hard. as long as you keep your venom against the army within the limit of your keyboard then its fine, cross the line if you are in Pakistan then you will also become a victim citizen.

I think WZ-10 is better.

AH-1Z is far far superior to Z-10 and any other choices on the table. It outclasses AH-64D in some key areas at less than half the price. I was just reading narratives of US veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan. Each and everyone liked AH-1W (variant from which Z is derived) over Apache. It is a dream machine for infantry support they say. It carries every capability of AH-64D, flies faster, higher and farther than its competitors except for Ka-52 which is not offered to us. It carries most advanced generation of US sensors whose quality is unmatched.

Z-10 is not suited for high mountain operation. It has very limited ceiling and mountains in Northern FATA can reach upto 18000 ft. Only AH-1Z is capable of operating at such altitudes. Not even AH-64D could do this as noted by US veterans in Afghanistan. They had to bring in cobras to replace apaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom