What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Romeo II is for all targets......US Army will be procuring only this version from now on.....seriously, does it make sense for a chopper like AH64 or AH-1Z to carry multiple types of missiles? Anti armor means there will be infantry and IFVs as well....makes sense to have an all aspect missile.

But Indians cannot fathom.
Those are korean AGM-114R1 Hellfire II -- ours were AGM-114R Hellfire II in the report -- wonder whats the difference

I think both above are romeo II

Chinese Z-10 does not even come close to Zulu. This is a tremendous purchase. Its a game changer. In terms of weapons, support system, customer service, avionics and powerplants, China cant beat US.
China is catching up fast. Z-10 will not only be armed by today's Chinese weapons, but tomorrow's coming weapons as well.
And during a war, forget using Zulu. You can keep it at an airbase as a showpiece because US will stop providing crucial support needed to keep this advanced choppers running. Then you can think about how much of a "game changer" the Zulus are.
That said, i am not against the sale at all. I just want people to be realistic.

Those are korean AGM-114R1 Hellfire II -- ours were AGM-114R Hellfire II in the report -- wonder whats the difference

Dunno, I don't understand differences. Maybe little upgraded. I couldn't find correct information R vs R1.

These are new type of US weapons and would not be offered. More over it would require more weapons training.

I think they would be offered. they are the perfect cheap system to kill terrorists. and I doubt the training would cost that much.

Pakistan should jump on the guided rocket train.

APKWS,Talon or DAGR, those cost 1/4 to 1/3 of a Hellfire missile.
That's a smart idea.
What's the engagement range for the rockets compared to hellfire?
How effective are they against armored targets?

Ours is Romeo II.

What's there to burn .India is already in process of acquiring 39 Ah- 64D Block 3 may be more after this deal may be buy thousands of Hellfire or might get Jv project to build it's own.

A only PDF fanboy's in there fools paradise think that this deal will be the game changer in Indian perspective.

Till the enjoy your fanboy dream.
You are a senior but still you do not know that the deal with your beloved USA regarding the AH-64D Block III is still not signed. Boeing had given the GOI till 31st March 2015 to finalize it otherwise the price would increase and renegotiation would be required.

Till that time you are the fan boy. As far as the AH-1Z is concerned they have been approved for PAA and more are going to be ordered once these start arriving by September this year.

What's there to burn .India is already in process of acquiring 39 Ah- 64D Block 3 may be more after this deal may be buy thousands of Hellfire or might get Jv project to build it's own.

A only PDF fanboy's in there fools paradise think that this deal will be the game changer in Indian perspective.

Till the enjoy your fanboy dream.

Why is India always in the process of procuring something? Or always looking for Joint ventures?

I am sure a nation of 1.2 billion could do better than that.

Dunno, I don't understand differences. Maybe little upgraded. I couldn't find correct information R vs R1.
Don't know the difference either.
"R" is for use against Light vehicles and soft targets.
It does not have fire and forget capability, it is semi-active radar guided.

"L" (longbow) version is the one used in Apaches.
It has fire and forget capability.
Can be used against all armored targets.

AGM-114R2 Hellfire II ?

Perhaps.....can't seem to find much info on R1 or R2. It seems Hellfire II is the family....with R1 and R2 being different versions.

Just like the AIM120 Amraam has the A/B/C version and then a sub-version...like C-5 or C-7....C-8 being the AIM120D.

Hellfire I/II missiles are the USA’s preferred aerial anti-armor missile, and are widely deployed with America’s allies.

A new AGM-114R “multi-purpose” Hellfire II is headed into production/ conversion. It adds some guidance and navigation improvements, and goes one step further than the K-A variant: it’s intended to work well against all 3 target types: armored vehicles, fortified positions, or soft/open targets. The “Romeo” will become the mainstay of the future Hellfire fleet, used from helicopters and UAVs, until and unless Hellfire itself is supplanted by the JAGM program. Hellfire systems product manager US Army Lt. Col. Mike Brown:
US Hellfire Missile Orders, FY 2011-2014
“One of the most noticeable operational enhancements in the AGM-114R missile is that the pilot can now select the [blast type] while on the move and without having to have a pre-set mission load prior to departure… This is a big deal in insurgency warfare, as witnessed in Afghanistan where the Taliban are fighting in the open and simultaneously planning their next attacks in amongst the local populace using fixed structure facilities to screen their presence.”

The AGM-114R2 goes a step farther, and adds a height of burst sensor to make the 3-way warhead even more useful.
Four more Hellfire variants feature key changes that aren’t related to their warhead types.
AGM-114R “multi-purpose” Hellfire II for Pakistani Vipers
@Stephen Cohen

Perhaps.....can't seem to find much info on R1 or R2. It seems Hellfire II is the family....with R1 and R2 being different versions.

Just like the AIM120 Amraam has the A/B/C version and then a sub-version...like C-5 or C-7....C-8 being the AIM120D.
i am 100% sure pakistanis will buy mature old system like they got C5 amraams we cant take risk of 1000 damn missiles

AGM-114R2 Hellfire II ?

s.cohen has just started a headache

He is an ignorant troll. Hellfire II R is an all aspect missile for ground targets.......what might differ is the guidance......what matters to us is the warhead. Just like the French MICA comes in IR and Active radar homing versions..

If the Koreans got the MMR radar, their missile might be different.

@Oscar can you provide some input?

That's a smart idea.
What's the engagement range for the rockets compared to hellfire?
How effective are they against armored targets?

just guessing but probably 4 km or depending on how high the firing altitude is.

Ours is Romeo II.

jesus christ all of them are just a Hellfire II Romeo it doesn't matter what comes after the R part besides what branch it's used for or country I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom