What's new

Agosta 90B submarines---Sarkozy took Pak kickback

Pakistan president Asif Ali Zardari got his nickname "Mr. Ten Percent" in the 1994 purchase of Agosta submarines for Pakistan military, worth 800 million Euros. The commission was fixed 80 million Euros, but Zardari allegedly got only 68 million Euros of that. The rest totalling $33 million got stuck as a result of French presidential politics.

Pakistan army and intelligence officials had other means to settle the score -- they allegedly killed 11 engineers working on those submarines in Karachi and put the blame on Islamic fundamentalists.

The scandal now threatens French president Nicolas Sarkozy as he was the budget minister when the shady transaction took place.

Agosta Scandal Rocks French Presidency

The killing of French engineers as a result of not getting kickbacks is just a pressure tactic by the French, they were not killed for just that, it did more harm compared to taking revenge. There were other means also to have avenged the less kickbacks received, the French were killed by others for some other means.

We never heard any of such news and all of a sudden when the new deal for submarine comes up with the Germans to be the favorite winners, we start to hear such news items, didn't anyone thought where were the French judges and other for last one decade to have said the same accusation, why they kept quiet and all of a sudden started to talk when we were going for other submarines.

Wow, that is strange that you have not heard of corruption by our defence sector, ours are doing corruption in defence for a long time, but not on a large scale, except for the Agosta Submarine deal, where hundreds of million dollars were used in kickbacks, Naval chief of that time was caught, stripped of his title as Admiral and large portion of the kickback amount taken back & all the benefits taken. He can not use Admiral Retd with his name.

Anyway, corruption does happens on our side also, but on a small scale, in the high $$$s deal, the corruption is large but we haven't much of large deals happening, except for the current yet again Submarine deal, a very potential high value kick back deal.

But small scale make any difference . Here for increase in russian aircraft carrier and barak. And big one happening in Mrca.

The most depressed me is in t-90 where mod get waterd down craps for cheap rate wild russian offering high end tech tank without tot. When army checked the tank it wast not able to shoot a nearby visible object accurately. Then only our mod wake up. Make Arjun with israeli electronics and beat that waterd down russian tanks. Now they spending 1 billion for upgrade that craps with french and i dont know this time how much mod will really allocat for that:cry:. Maybe 100 million:cry: for both countries to avoid corruption in all sector must need public support. When public start question all these stuffs is it happen? No

The killing of French engineers as a result of not getting kickbacks is just a pressure tactic by the French, they were not killed for just that, it did more harm compared to taking revenge. There were other means also to have avenged the less kickbacks received, the French were killed by others for some other means.

We never heard any of such news and all of a sudden when the new deal for submarine comes up with the Germans to be the favorite winners, we start to hear such news items, didn't anyone thought where were the French judges and other for last one decade to have said the same accusation, why they kept quiet and all of a sudden started to talk when we were going for other submarines.

first it wasn't written by me lol, i was just sharing what i've got with source.. Also i am 100% agreed with your POV regarding this sudden conspiracy. seems like frenchis are frustrated at Pakistan and trying to somehow take sorta revenge.. :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom