What's new

AGNI VI: EYE ON WORLD, ACTUAL EXPECTED RANGE

Truly speaking in these times of budgetary constraints, DRDO must get its priorities right. I'm sure there are more pressing issues than A-6 and DRDO would do well to strive for technical closure of existing issues first before plunging into new ones.

i think we should go for higher range,times change,enemies may change too.

we must have the capability to strike anywhere in the world.

I woulod actually go for a 6000 SLBM than a 10000 ICBM. Keeps everything at sea, and undetected.

you are right. Even if Indian SSBN launches A6 somewhere near Indonesia, it will hit the Beijing. or Islamabad.

So what if the submarine is near Antarctic ocean or Atlantic ocean? The Americans may had nuked us in 1971 if there was NO Soviet backing.... That was 40 years ago... Who know what we have in 2050?

Because our threat perception is not beyond 6000km as for now.

So you will start developing the missile once the threat perception reaches its full force! If Americans have missiles that can reach India, Why can't India have missiles that reach America!As simple as that!

So what if the submarine is near Antarctic ocean or Atlantic ocean? The Americans may had nuked us in 1971 if there was NO Soviet backing.... That was 40 years ago... Who know what we have in 2050?

So you will start developing the missile once the threat perception reaches its full force! If Americans have missiles that can reach India, Why can't India have missiles that reach America!As simple as that!
Very well mate. Exactly my point.

i think we should go for higher range,times change,enemies may change too.

we must have the capability to strike anywhere in the world.

Agree. Till then we must play nice.

Because our threat perception is not beyond 6000km as for now.

How long does it take to develop, test, and perfect a missile generational jump? How long does it take for threat perceptions to change?

I woulod actually go for a 6000 SLBM than a 10000 ICBM. Keeps everything at sea, and undetected.

American ASW capabilities ensure that the moment our nuclear submarines leave harbor, their sonar signatures would be captured. It is an accepted fact that currently, and for some time to come, Chinese and Indian boomers, if at all could only launch their nukes from behind a security blanket at harbor and not from deep sea from long skulking silent remote ambush. If such were the case, Agni V would have been more than sufficient for any country with boomers.

:tup: make it , we may need it in future , as everyone knows , thr are no real friends in international geo-politics..

How long does it take to develop, test, and perfect a missile generational jump? How long does it take for threat perceptions to change?

It might change but not before we get UNSC seat. Once we get it we will showcase this capability. India is not signatory of NPT and CTBT so this is also one reason.

71 is a different case ICBM is something different. Point is you have the building blocks but then you are also not a UNSC member and you are also not a signatory of CTBT and NPT. First become the member and then show the 10000+ km ICBM. capability. Or take world in your favor and launch it.

You need weapons according to your requirement. India has PSLV which can be used as ICBM plus it will not take more than 4 years I guess to develop it.

Back
Top Bottom