What's new

Agni V Discussions

Hans Kristensen's opinion about Agni V and MIRV technology.

Reply: A lot of people are very hooked on MIRV, assuming almost automatically that if a country develops and ICBM it will also deploy MIRV on it. But for smaller nuclear weapon states that doesn’t necessarily follow (some of the larger nuclear states are reducing their reliance on MIRV). China has had MIRV capability for many years but not deployed it. For India to add MIRV to Agni-V (assuming India has the technological skills to do so) would significantly decrease its range – especially with India’s relatively heavy warheads. Since range is the main motivation for Agni-V and India has no intention (that I’m aware of) to develop a nuclear doctrine that requires their missiles to destroy a lot of different targets in a single strike, I fail to see why it would be necessary to spend a lot of money and effort to develop MIRV for the Agni-V. HK
Indian Army Chief: Nukes Not For Warfighting » FAS Strategic Security Blog

How is range an issue for Agni V ?...It doesn't need to strike Inter-Continent... but right in the neighbourhood..i.e. China.... It already has sufficient range with 1500kg warhead... to hit any place in China...the mass of a MK5 200KT Thermonuclear warhead is about 270kg one can mount 5 such warhead combination.. Recently a 400kg New designed was being talked by sources with yield speculated above 300KT mark(TN).

High-design-confidence-weap.jpg

How is range an issue for Agni V ?...It doesn't need to strike Inter-Continent... but right in the neighbourhood..i.e. China.... It already has sufficient range with 1500kg warhead... to hit any place in China...the mass of a MK5 200KT Thermonuclear warhead is about 270kg one can mount 5 such warhead combination.. Recently a 400kg New designed was being talked by sources with yield speculated above 300KT mark(TN).

typical BS.

1. india never had enough real nuke test. all such 400kg design will have to be done using simulations without any real data source. the door is already closed, india will not afford for more nuke tests, there is no way to get the data required for simulation based tests. thus it is impossible to come up with anything new.

unless your loser nation dares to deploy something never tested! oh, sorry, it is possible, we are talking about india

2. india doesn't have "Thermonuclear warhead". The only claimed test is a fake. The entire world knows this.

3. our mid course anti ballistic missile system is not for fun. our ballistic missile launch early warning system is not for fun.

4. we just need 300km range rockets to wipe out new delhi from our border.

you did a few nuke tests, all underground. you guys tell me how could india gather enough data for further simulation based tests?

nationalism gets you nowhere. the world won't change just because "I am indian!", "I love my motherland".

Hans Kristensen's opinion about Agni V and MIRV technology.

he miss a big point here:

China has enough missiles to aim at all those wanted target. the reliability of those missiles can be seen from our Long March rocket's success rate.

india, on the other hand, have a few such Agni V to start with, the warhead is fat and huge, its launcher is modified from a regular truck, there is no submarine based launching, no mid course anti ballistic missile system, no anti satellite capablity.

then what you can do?

develop MIRV and hope at least one head can hit the target.

^^^^ as usual ... here we have peaceful, the person who failed to finish his IQ test ... hence his score could not be determined. :laugh:

and follows his usual ranting ... he can keep hallucinating .... the world doesn't care .... the reality doesn't change.

:laugh: :laugh:

india, on the other hand, have a few such Agni V to start with, the warhead is fat and huge, its launcher is modified from a regular truck, there is no submarine based launching, no mid course anti ballistic missile system, no anti satellite capablity.

then what you can do?

develop MIRV and hope at least one head can hit the target.

In past some idiots said that India cant even develop an ICBM .... First test ICBM then talk big .... :tup:

Now their words start to change :lol: ... We start with few and then it will follow more and more

ASAT, SLBM (K4 already tested once;)) AD1, AD2 ...... Just wait and watch :pop:

In past some idiots said that India cant even develop an ICBM .... First test ICBM then talk big .... :tup:

1. Agni V is using a Russian seeker, india can't produce it without russian permission.
2. This missile has been tested once, there is long long road to go to make it deployed in active service.
3. 5000km range is not ICBM.

who said india has ICBM? it is a long range 5000km missile in early testing stage.

^^^^ as usual ... here we have peaceful, the person who failed to finish his IQ test ... hence his score could not be determined. :laugh:

and follows his usual ranting ... he can keep hallucinating .... the world doesn't care .... the reality doesn't change.

:laugh: :laugh:

:smokin: yet another IQ 85 member is posting here with all those excitement!

1. Agni V is using a Russian seeker, india can't produce it without russian permission.
2. This missile has been tested once, there is long long road to go to make it deployed in active service.

who said india has ICBM? it is a long range 5000km missile in early testing stage.
does the red book really say ballistic missiles need seekers :azn:
your own media was reporting the India understated the actual range to avoid geopolitical issues

it is rather amusing to see 85 IQ members post more logical arguments than 120 ones

but boi.... please have the guts to finish the IQ test .... you must submit it for evaluation, even if you got nervous breakdown before completing it :laugh:

you tiny brain is quite incompetent to understand what seekers are and why they are not used in ICBMs.

go baby go .... best of luck for your next attempt at an IQ test :laugh:

hope you manage to finish that damn test, next time :laugh:

typical BS.

1. india never had enough real nuke test. all such 400kg design will have to be done using simulations without any real data source. the door is already closed, india will not afford for more nuke tests, there is no way to get the data required for simulation based tests. thus it is impossible to come up with anything new.

unless your loser nation dares to deploy something never tested! oh, sorry, it is possible, we are talking about india.

Nice. I could have never Expected Better From SomeOne Who Calls himself "PeaceFul" and Calls the Other Nation " Looser" ..
oh, sorry, it is possible, we are talking about CHINESE.

Even If 200KT is Detonated are you aware It would Wipe Beijing in single shot ? Just One Detonation Occoured over Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

2. india doesn't have "Thermonuclear warhead". The only claimed test is a fake. The entire world knows this.

Says WHO ? Check Facts.
Dont Quote me Santhnam Diaries. Dr. APJ Kalam has Denied his claims. If you Know who he is.

3. our mid course anti ballistic missile system is not for fun. our ballistic missile launch early warning system is not for fun.

Agreed. But Even India has its own BMD still, im wise enough to state that BMD systems are yet immature to face a real Nuclear Attack ( If u know what a Nuclear Holocaust Means )

4. we just need 300km range rockets to wipe out new delhi from our border.

300 KM Rockets Carry Nukes ? Wow .. Even my 5th Grade Brother KNows better. lol

you did a few nuke tests, all underground. you guys tell me how could india gather enough data for further simulation based tests?

Underground Tests were real Tests. They do the same Destruction. You dont need to calculate the Diameter of FireBall to understand the Power of a weapon.

India has over 200 Projects with Russia ...are u Kidding ?

They said Russia was more than willing to share technical know-how with India for its missile programme and time tested defence relations between the two countries spanning more than four decades again produced positive results, sources said.

Long Road ? Only 2-3 Years. and 4 Tests To go.

Dont be Worried if it can hit the Moon or Not or if its named SuperMan or Not..... IT STILL HITS ALL OF CHINA.

your own media was reporting the India understated the actual range to avoid geopolitical issues

it is rather amusing to see 85 IQ members post more logical arguments than 120 ones

Peacefuk has an IQ of 8.5 , he cant even comprehend what you were saying

120? who?

mine is 146.

Please, spare us.

Why do you forget that we can read what you are writing?

he is used to claming 146 or whatever in China .. with 10 PLA goons by his side .. if any normal chinese protests, they shoot him.

sorry.. but PLA goons can't keep the facade on the internet: You speak, and your farce is out. :laugh:

Congrats to India and kudos to your scientific community, you guys have made massive strides in space and research, India the USA and all democratic nations need to work together for the betterment of the human race.

Well done to all Indian posters here on PDF, love the trolls and their bullshit as usual, lol

Back
Top Bottom