What's new

Agni-II Prime test fired successfully off Orissa coast.

Kuchh to Daal main Kaala hai.

The missile reached a height of 900 km.........and hit a target at 3000 km.......the Parabolic Path travelled by this missile is quite high. I think they have not tested this missile at its maximum distance...............

Buddy,the range of Agni III is 3500 km with 2.4 ton payload.So what's the purpose of this Agni IV??Is it meant to replace the Agni II??
THANX in advance. . . .

Bro it is actually 1.5 ton according to official DRDO source but in one place it was mentioned 2.4 ton. The purpose of Agni-4 are the following....

1) Advanced technology: The main purpose of Agni-IV is new generation technology incorporation like composite motor, flexible nozzle, new RV, multi-source redundant guidance system, high speed computer, distributed avionics etc.

2) Will replace Agni-II in future.

Our missile systems are enough to thwart any one with an evil eye. Now the only thing remaining is another series of 'Pokhran' tests to re-validate the warhead tech. But in current political situation it may take some time. But that is a necessity.

That is absolutely not necessary my friend. I will say, our nuclear technology is more reliable and hi-tech than our missile technology. Our achievements are enormous in that field and internationally recognized. Simulation techniques also there. They have breakthroughs in many civilian controlled nuclear technology ie even in fusion.

That is absolutely not necessary my friend. I will say, our nuclear technology is more reliable and hi-tech than our missile technology. Our achievements are enormous in that field and internationally recognized. Simulation techniques also there. They have breakthroughs in many civilian controlled nuclear technology ie even in fusion.

Simulations might be there. But it does not give the thrill in having the ground shake under your feet..does it ? ;)

Simulations might be there. But it does not give the thrill in having the ground shake under your feet..does it ? ;)

Yeah I know that mate. But I believe in Dr. Kalam. Also GoI never lies atleast on security matters. If there was any fault in thermonuclear test, India would have done it again. We need not to are about anyone. But now, all the big countries stopped nuke testing, so as India and we want to be a fully recognized nuclear power.

ITR_7570.JPG

ITR_7575.JPG

ITR_8645.JPG

A4.JPG

This missile is one of its kinds, proving many new technologies for the first time, and represents a quantum leap in terms of missile technology. The Missile is lighter in weight and has two stages of Solid Propulsion and a Payload with Re-entry heat shield. The Composite Rocket Motor which has been used for the first time has given excellent performance. The Missile System is equipped with modern and compact Avionics with Redundancy to provide high level of reliability. The indigenous Ring Laser Gyros based high accuracy INS (RINS) and Micro Navigation System (MINGS) complementing each other in redundant mode have been successfully flown in guidance mode for the first time. The high performance onboard computer with distributed Avionics architecture, high speed reliable communication bus and a full Digital Control System have controlled and guided the Missile to the target. The Missile has reached the target with very high level of accuracy. Radars and electro-optical systems along the Coast of Odisha have tracked and monitored all the parameters of the Missile. Two Indian Naval ships located near the target have witnessed the final event.

I don't think the distance from Orissa coast to the Bay of Bengal is 3000 km. It's more like 1000 km. But the apogee is abnormally high 900 km! 3 times the normal height. So this launch was done mostly to test accuracy.

The missile itself is obviously much more advanced than the original Agni-2. I doubt the original Agni-2 was ever even reliable, but the Agni-4 at least is designed to be reliable. I think DRDO figured out that Agni-2 and Agni-3 had fatal design flaws, so they redesigned it incorporating carbon fiberglass casing technology -- Agni-4 and Agni-5 is the result.

India is roughly where China was 1970 to 1985. 1970 was the first successful test of the DF-3. 1985 was the first successful test of the DF-3A.

I don't think the distance from Orissa coast to the Bay of Bengal is 3000 km. It's more like 1000 km. But the apogee is abnormally high 900 km! 3 times the normal height. So this launch was done mostly to test accuracy.

The missile itself is obviously much more advanced than the original Agni-2. I doubt the original Agni-2 was ever even reliable, but the Agni-4 at least is designed to be reliable. I think DRDO figured out that Agni-2 and Agni-3 had fatal design flaws, so they redesigned it incorporating carbon fiberglass casing technology -- Agni-4 and Agni-5 is the result.

India is roughly where China was 1970 to 1985. 1970 was the first successful test of the DF-3. 1985 was the first successful test of the DF-3A.

Again you are starting to spoil a nice thread with comparing your cheap pirated & copied missiles... Go and get a life:hitwall:
First you learn how to make a missile your own without stealing the technology..

Dude, I do not mind you being ignorant about indian missile tech as is evident from first two paras of your post; but at least get the chinese missile facts correctly.

DF 3 A was not tested in 1985, but entered service in 1971.

DF 4 was comissioned somewhere around 1984.

If you are talking about DF 4 then it is a liquid fuel missile whereas Agni 4 is a solid fuel one. And even with such basic differance if you feel they are equal then.....................:whistle::wave:

The Missile System is equipped with modern and compact Avionics with Redundancy to provide high level of reliability. The indigenous Ring Laser Gyros based high accuracy INS (RINS) and Micro Navigation System (MINGS) complementing each other in redundant mode have been successfully flown in guidance mode for the first time. The high performance onboard computer with distributed Avionics architecture, high speed reliable communication bus and a full Digital Control System have controlled and guided the Missile to the target.

Dr Avinash Chander called this as a new era in long range navigational system. India pioneered multi sensor data fusion and digital control system specially fusion of multiple naviagtion system into one.

GAGAN+GPS+GLONASS combination is the best but a better one is coming. Here the MINGS is a new development.

Agni prime really looks more like a
missile.. surely it is better in looks compared to other agni series...

Picture perfect launch fellas. Hard work and determination pays off in the end. Good job DRDO.

Back
Top Bottom