What's new

After Qandeel: An open letter to ‘honourable’ Pakistanis

May be its too late for the grown ups now but if somehow education system of Pakistan (if it could spare sometime from money making) could introduce some sort of education from the start may be may be future generations of Pakistan would be more principled and different than us.
Youth forums are the way to go and a serious non-political effort in this is required. You can see some small projects in big cities but that is not nearly enough and unless made mainstream it wont have much benefit at all.

I have not watched any since long time now :(. Would ask one of my cousins someday for suggestions he has a collection of these. I have a bad habit of getting addicted to an activity and then forget about it all together after sometime :D
So what are you addicted to these days :P

Whatever was she doing, she didn't bring anyone's personal life on media. Why was her personal life brought on media. You didn't have courage to come face to face, and got afraid of a girl.

My question to sir @Arsalan @User and @abdulbarijan

And my demand please make a law that no one's personal life is brought on media and discussed without his/her consent and permission.

Whatever was she doing, she didn't bring anyone's personal life on media. Why was her personal life brought on media. You didn't have courage to come face to face, and got afraid of a girl.

And my demand please make a law that no one's personal life is brought on media and discussed without his/her consent and permission.

She did actually, that whole maulana drama .. the whole strip tease thing in the world cup, she named U. Akmal as a guy who requested her to do that .. you look at her interview with Mathira and just listen to them go at it .. She aired their dirty laundry and as a consequence no one thought twice while they were airing Qandeel's ...

As far as not airing one's personal life ... That is more or less impossible at this moment ... Politicians in power won't let that happen because they need that as a weapon to attack their rivals by airing their dirty laundry .. In addition, the whole fame game and its representation over the media in Pakistan is loosely modeled on the west especially the U.S. In the U.S if your a public figure,especially in the entertainment industry, unless your really good .. you don't have a private life ... So entertainers have to trade privacy for fame and fortune ..

WTF is she the real qandeel? was she out of her mind after doing such video and living in Pakistan?
Not a big deal its not like she wss the first one to do it but she was first one from such a tribal background to do it

-uuuuuuuu-
People cheering her death on fb should get a life

She did actually, that whole maulana drama .. the whole strip tease thing in the world cup, she named U. Akmal as a guy who requested her to do that .. you look at her interview with Mathira and just listen to them go at it .. She aired their dirty laundry and as a consequence no one thought twice while they were airing Qandeel's ...

As far as not airing one's personal life ... That is more or less impossible at this moment ... Politicians in power won't let that happen because they need that as a weapon to attack their rivals by airing their dirty laundry .. In addition, the whole fame game and its representation over the media in Pakistan is loosely modeled on the west especially the U.S. In the U.S if your a public figure,especially in the entertainment industry, unless your really good .. you don't have a private life ... So entertainers have to trade privacy for fame and fortune ..

I meant to say her family life.

No one's family is involved in this episode the way her family is dragged in.

Neither Umer Akmal or Maulana's home had any busines in it.

You couldn't find any of her secret scandel because there was none. She didn't hide anything as she said and did everything in front of all. Only option was left to bring her family in.

I meant to say her family life.

No one's family is involved in this episode the way her family is dragged in.

Neither Umer Akmal or Maulana's home had any busines in it.

You couldn't find any of her secret scandel because there was none. She didn't hide anything as she said and did everything in front of all. Only option was left to bring her family in.

That right there is being naive .. she aired people's dirty laundry on national T.V, now when you go there, firstly you make enemies, secondly when your tagging along the banner of "sharing the truth" the same may apply to you someday ...

You think people would give two thoughts of withholding information of someone who set such a precedent herself -- and that too with a story like that ? it's very naive to go in to specifics such as she didn't air people's family life and they aired her family life/past and all .. lets not forget what the media has done when it comes to the "privacy/family life" of Imran Khan and other political figures.The precedent was already set, she did what she did with the controversies, and the media did what it does when it gets something "spicy" .. they aired what they had ...

It's easy to be very critical in hindsight after the tragedy that occurred, however ... the media simply did what it has been doing with anybody who is remotely a public figure .. and like I said .. I don't think you will have any protection against it in the law because its a weapon of choice of political parties to target their competitors...

Last edited:
Youth forums are the way to go and a serious non-political effort in this is required. You can see some small projects in big cities but that is not nearly enough and unless made mainstream it wont have much benefit at all.

I agree but it would take a very skilled planner and a doer to achieve this goal, I don't find our current political leaders competent enough. If we had vision cities like Karachi and Lahore would not have been that over populated with people from all over Pakistan and with population settled in their own cities problems like these would have been more easy to handle.

So what are you addicted to these days :P

Planning and dreaming of trips to explore different regions of Pakistan, its a difficult task you have to get leave from office then with three kids youngest being two it takes months and months of patience and planning before you actually finally visit that place. :enjoy:

It was not necessary to post it. -_-
Mate by quoting his post actually you did what he wanted i.e. the video is available to watch :lol: and I can say it is pretty objectionable and immoral and I hope your govts deals with this issue appropriately.

Salik mayray bahi you (society) don't need laws for this if you (society) have a solid character and some ethical values to abide by, if you are principled and a professional you will never ever discuss anyone's personal life, it is as simple as educating a kid from young age not to read others diary because its not ethical, or these days not to look at others cellphone when they are trying to read their texts, or not to open envelops addressed to someone else (par jiss mulk may chapal masjid say chori ho jain wahan kissi ki personal life kya khak bachy gi). And I don't think I should tell you what our (Muslims') religion Islam has to say about this.

Media in Pakistan is a mafia that (in my view) is so strong that it can dictate when the month of Ramazan starts and when it ends, but unfortunately it is full of characterless non professional morons and idiots and to top it up the viewership is equally stupid. Fauzia was stupid because she knowingly got fooled by this shining media she herself let them play with her personal life.

I agree but it would take a very skilled planner and a doer to achieve this goal, I don't find our current political leaders competent enough. If we had vision cities like Karachi and Lahore would not have been that over populated with people from all over Pakistan and with population settled in their own cities problems like these would have been more easy to handle.
Sure it wont be easy and you are not the first one to point of the issue with over populated cities and many others like that. The point is working out a workable solution. Frankly, at the moment, i cannot think of one either but i will just keep looking in hope of finding one. Who knows sir.

Planning and dreaming of trips to explore different regions of Pakistan, its a difficult task you have to get leave from office then with three kids youngest being two it takes months and months of patience and planning before you actually finally visit that place. :enjoy:
Excellent!! This is really great and quite frankly as per my taste as well. You just gave an idea of your age there sir and i will like to say sorry if some of my earlier quarrel with you were disrespecting (no i am not a teenager but still younger i suppose :P ) .
You may be visiting the dedicated section for this already, do visit the following thread if you have any queries about a particular place share with us and we may find someone with good on the ground advice. :)
https://defence.pk/threads/information-desk.437557/
PLUS, that will help others as well.

In a seemingly conservative society like ours, people are afraid in the sense that Qandeel types would promote vulgarity and poison the minds of other girls. Therefore, Qandeel types should be stopped.

Media defines and reshapes culture, my friend. Just look at the advertisements; they are promoting 'naach-gaana' in current times. And people are becoming used-to such advertisements and accepting 'naach-gaana' as the new norm. Societal re-conditioning in the works in a subtle manner.

Not possible

Last edited:

Actually dear, she herself brought her personal life on media by shooting those videos and uploading them on youtube and sharing them on facebook. She was the one who did all that and not someone else!

Sure it wont be easy and you are not the first one to point of the issue with over populated cities and many others like that. The point is working out a workable solution. Frankly, at the moment, i cannot think of one either but i will just keep looking in hope of finding one. Who knows sir.

I can think of some but people would label those as draconian laws :angel:

Excellent!! This is really great and quite frankly as per my taste as well. You just gave an idea of your age there sir and i will like to say sorry if some of my earlier quarrel with you were disrespecting (no i am not a teenager but still younger i suppose :P ) .

There was nothing disrespectful, though I should have taken care sir. Anyways no hard feelings :tup:

You may be visiting the dedicated section for this already, do visit the following thread if you have any queries about a particular place share with us and we may find someone with good on the ground advice. :)
https://defence.pk/threads/information-desk.437557/
PLUS, that will help others as well.

Thank you for sharing that thread, this will certainly help in getting most required information, and I must say it was needed. Thanks.

That right there is being naive .. she aired people's dirty laundry on national T.V, now when you go there, firstly you make enemies, secondly when your tagging along the banner of "sharing the truth" the same may apply to you someday ...

You think people would give two thoughts of withholding information of someone who set such a precedent herself -- and that too with a story like that ? it's very naive to go in to specifics such as she didn't air people's family life and they aired her family life/past and all .. lets not forget what the media has done when it comes to the "privacy/family life" of Imran Khan and other political figures.The precedent was already set, she did what she did with the controversies, and the media did what it does when it gets something "spicy" .. they aired what they had ...

It's easy to be very critical in hindsight after the tragedy that occurred, however ... the media simply did what it has been doing with anybody who is remotely a public figure .. and like I said .. I don't think you will have any protection against it in the law because its a weapon of choice of political parties to target their competitors...

Her laundry was not that dirty in fact. She was simply a divorced woman with a son. It is not a big deal. Shaista Lodhi is also divorced and has a grown up son, but she is back on T.V and doing stuff as usual.

In the case of Qandeel/Fouzia, series of events and her sudden death, this all indicates to another dimension. I have seen this kind of event few hundred years ago. I am amazed i have seen it again.

I wish i had proper words to describe what i have seen. Some day i will try to post here.

For the moment i can tell that i am happy everything is done as expected, she has gone to a better place that she has earned recently. Anyway it is talk of another realm, i stop it here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom