What's new

After China Saudi Arabia to do major investment in Pakistan.

Pakistan should always stand by KSA as it has stood by us on numerous occasions. Pakistan will defend Saudi Territorial Integrity no matter what.

True friends should be there for each other in difficulty times.

Agreed. Saudi Arabia is a special place for Pakistanis in terms of spirituality, religion, culture and the ultimate origin for the creation of Pakistan. If Saudi Arabian TERRITORIAL INTEGRITY is threatened or invaded than I know Pakistan will and should intervene. This will be completely justified. However I don't agree with Pakistan joining Saudi wars of conquest and completely massacring weak and defenceless Houthis. We are after all the Pakistan military not the SS or other Nazi death squad.

Uh no. It's the Saudis that were forced to talks. The Houthis have proven that they cannot be beaten back by the Saudis, as they've been able to hold on to, and solidify their gains.

When I say "Crush the houthis", I meant the ones that are fighting. An entire population of a nation does not fight, only a selective few do as representatives, thus your comparison is bad.

The "day one plan" was to beat back the Houthis, and put Hadi back into the capital in Sana'a, clearly that has not happened.
No Saudis weren't forced to talk neither they are serious about talks it's Houthis who are begging for talks because they are loosing suppoet due to KSA and GCC blockade. PM is back in Aden and would be back in Sanna so stop following miserable Iranian lies

No not all in fact they are quite happy and satisfied in Yemen now they want to go after Daesh. KSA was scared before going in Yemen but success in Yemen has boosted their confidence.
To really go after Daesh the Saudi Royals have to break the umbilical cord attaching them to extremist Wahabbi Saudi religious leadership and promote a more inclusive and moderate version of Wahabbism.

To really go after Daesh the Saudi Royals have to break the umbilical cord attaching them to extremist Wahabbi Saudi religious leadership and promote a more inclusive and moderate version of Wahabbism.
Sir their is no connection every second person comes here talks against so called Wahabism and when I ask them to read books of great scholar Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab and point out one thing which is not according to Quran and Sunnah they run away. ISIS are Khawarij they even appeared in life of RASOOL SAW and Sahabas.

Iranian influence will only be reduced if Shia population reduces, same goes for wahabies. Both prefer Shias and Wahabis/Deubandis their sectarian allegiance ahead of their nationality.
While both Shia and Sunni extremism is bad, the latter is leading the world in terrorism and terrorist attacks, which makes the former 'benign' in comparison, especially since its a matter of focusing scarce resources and prioritising the main threat to Pakistani National security .... The focus has to remain on ending Saudi/GCC funding and religious influence on Pakistani mosques and Madrassas.

The Saudis/GCC might not be actively supporting groups like the TTP/LEJ/Daesh, but the recruits for these groups are overwhemingly being dawn from those who adhere to the Saudi/GCC funded institutions/ideology.

Sir their is no connection every second person comes here talks against so called Wahabism and when I ask them to read books of great scholar Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab and point out one thing which is not according to Quran and Sunnah they run away. ISIS are Khawarij they even appeared in life of RASOOL SAW and Sahabas.
Regardless of what Muhammad Abdul Wahab's interpretation of Islam was/is, the fact is that today's Saudi religious leadership is promoting a very intolerant, violent and extremist version of that. If Wahab's intention was to promote an inclusive, free thinking and tolerant version of Islam, then that's exactly my point, that the Saudi Royals need to neutralize the current extremist Wahabbi leadership and promote new Wahabbi leadership that adheres to the original interpretation of Wahab.

While both Shia and Sunni extremism is bad, the latter is leading the world in terrorism and terrorist attacks, which makes the former 'benign' in comparison, especially since its a matter of focusing scarce resources and prioritising the main threat to Pakistani National security .... The focus has to remain on ending Saudi/GCC funding and religious influence on Pakistani mosques and Madrassas.

The Saudis/GCC might not be actively supporting groups like the TTP/LEJ/Daesh, but the recruits for these groups are overwhemingly being dawn from those who adhere to the Saudi/GCC funded institutions/ideology.

Regardless of what Muhammad Abdul Wahab's interpretation of Islam was/is, the fact is that today's Saudi religious leadership is promoting a very intolerant, violent and extremist version of that. If Wahab's intention was to promote an inclusive, free thinking and tolerant version of Islam, then that's exactly my point, that the Saudi Royals need to neutralize the current extremist Wahabbi leadership and promote new Wahabbi leadership that adheres to the original interpretation of Wahab.
What I know is that Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab called people back to Quran and Sunnah.

No Saudis weren't forced to talk neither they are serious about talks it's Houthis who are begging for talks because they are loosing suppoet due to KSA and GCC blockade. PM is back in Aden and would be back in Sanna so stop following miserable Iranian lies
KSA is just as big a liar as Tehran, I don't trust either side.

Houthis never had international support, so saying that they're "losing support" is ridiculous; you can't lose something you never had.

Hadi is back in Aden, but not in Sana'a, and that is the entire point. The fact that the Houthis control Yemen's biggest cities, and a majorty of population live under them, proof enough that the Saudis have failed. It's been how long since the Saudis started their campaign? What have they accomplished? Absolutely nothing.

Why do you think Pakistan declined to join the Yemen war? It's because the PA realized that Yemen was a lost cause, started by a young and completely inexperienced prince.

KSA, for all of the money and advanced technology in it's military, has completely and utterly failed to push back the Houthi rebels. It's air campaign has been a complete failure, and it has killed scores of civilians. The KSA military is completely and utterly incompetent.

KSA is just as big a liar as Tehran, I don't trust either side.

Houthis never had international support, so saying that they're "losing support" is ridiculous; you can't lose something you never had.

Hadi is back in Aden, but not in Sana'a, and that is the entire point. The fact that the Houthis control Yemen's biggest cities, and a majorty of population live under them, proof enough that the Saudis have failed. It's been how long since the Saudis started their campaign? What have they accomplished? Absolutely nothing.

Why do you think Pakistan declined to join the Yemen war? It's because the PA realized that Yemen was a lost cause, started by a young and completely inexperienced prince.

KSA, for all of the money and advanced technology in it's military, has completely and utterly failed to push back the Houthi rebels. It's air campaign has been a complete failure, and it has killed scores of civilians. The KSA military is completely and utterly incompetent.
Houthis don't have any support other than Iran and its backed militias Houthis don't have any other country supporting them. Yes Houthis is back in Aden and would be back in Sanna either Houthis would leave or would be defeated and eliminated their in Sanna. Saudis have cleared most of the Yemen from Houthis if you don't know about Yemen than go and do some research now Houthis have only Sanna and the province in which they are already in majority. What they have achieved is great and even not expected by me and that is the reason that they are even looking to go after ISIS now. Houthis had captured most of the Yemen now most of the Yemen have been cleared from them and now GCC are also going after Al Qaeda in Yemen at least go do some research sir.

Houthis don't have any support other than Iran and its backed militias Houthis don't have any other country supporting them. Yes Houthis is back in Aden and would be back in Sanna either Houthis would leave or would be defeated and eliminated their in Sanna. Saudis have cleared most of the Yemen from Houthis if you don't know about Yemen than go and do some research now Houthis have only Sanna and the province in which they are already in majority. What they have achieved is great and even not expected by me and that is the reason that they are even looking to go after ISIS now. Houthis had captured most of the Yemen now most of the Yemen have been cleared from them and now GCC are also going after Al Qaeda in Yemen at least go do some research sir.
Houthis still control most of yemen, what are you talking about? There is a limit to much you can make things up.

You're connecting dots that shouldn't be connected.

Look, I'm not going to have this argument with you. Fact are facts, just because you claim other wise, doesn't mean they'll change to suit your argument.

2016 Yemen Crisis Situation Report: January 7 | Critical Threats

Houthi insurgency in Yemen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The map shows most cities still under Houthi control, while the government mainly controls rural areas, and unpopulated land.

And that is the last thing I'll say on this matter.

Attachments

• yemen.png
    yemen.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 16
Houthis still control most of yemen, what are you talking about? There is a limit to much you can make things up.

You're connecting dots that shouldn't be connected.

Look, I'm not going to have this argument with you. Fact are facts, just because you claim other wise, doesn't mean they'll change to suit your argument.

2016 Yemen Crisis Situation Report: January 7 | Critical Threats

And that is the last thing I'll say on this matter.
Houthis are not controlling most of Yemen most of Yemen have been cleared now Houthis are now restricited to Sanna and the province in which they are already in majority. UAE and KSA have also started to attack Al QAEDA in Yemen. Finally don't quote wikkipedia again it hardly has right information

Houthis are not controlling most of Yemen most of Yemen have been cleared now Houthis are now restricited to Sanna and the province in which they are already in majority. UAE and KSA have also started to attack Al QAEDA in Yemen. Finally don't quote wikkipedia again it hardly has right information
Frankly, you have no idea what you're talking about. Prove what I said is wrong. I've provided evidence, all you've done dismiss it, and refuse to provide your own.

Just stop. You have no idea what you're saying.

Instead of attacking the source, how about you counter the points by providing your own sources?

If the houthis were really in trouble, the Saudis wouldn't be negotiating with them.

I'm done here, if you want to argue, at least try and make your arguments sound believable.

Frankly, you have no idea what you're talking about. Prove what I said is wrong. I've provided evidence, all you've done dismiss it, and refuse to provide your own.

Just stop. You have no idea what you're saying.

Instead of attacking the source, how about you counter the points by providing your own sources?

If the houthis were really in trouble, the Saudis wouldn't be negotiating with them.

I'm done here, if you want to argue, at least try and make your arguments sound believable.
I know what I am saying Sir I have no idea about what is going on in Syria or Iraq so I don't talk much about that but here I know Sir most area have been cleared by UAE and Saudis. I personally didn't expected them to perform this well but it seem years of training by us is paying of. They are doing great job the problem right now is they are getting to confident from one performance and want to open various fronts at one time. Now they may end up making mistake. Talks were never ruled out from day one Sir. You sorry don't have any idea about the strategy Sir.

@MastanKhan : here you go. The billions you were upset about not getting from KSA due to refusal of sending troops, can be made in many other ways. When you grow your economy, you don't need to sell your troops and risk their lives (and risk starting a civil war inside your country for a few billions).

The investment policies of the government of Pakistan are VERY attratctive, give it time, and you'll have plenty of billions. Today is the second day of Pakistan Stock Exchange in works. It may not be public information till a few weeks, but I can share with you. Overall, there is over $ 120 BILLION dollars worth of investment coming to Pakistan through the Pakistan stock exchange!!!! It includes countries like China, KSA (initial two), and then the US, the UK, Russia (phase II) and India, Malaysia, Turkey and France and other GCC countries (phase III). And the stock exchange's size will increase to over $ 250 billion due to incoming investments in the next 5-7 years!!!!! Creating a business and economic revolution inside Pakistan.

When a country has so many prospects to be rich and attract many billions through her civilian focused, business investment policies, why the hell does this country need to risk her troops for a few billions? The Pakistani mentality of send the military for a few billion is ending. The new Pakistan of 2013, doesn't do that. Instead she shows her economic and profit oriented market to attract investments, without risking ONE troops life overseas and without starting new tension with Iran next door. This is smart, becoming a party to the Yemen conflict, would've destroyed Pakistan internally like the Arab spring (Shiite spring in Pakistan????)

Any investment by KSA should be handled directly by them & no funds should be given to the corrupt & incompetent politicians.

...Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab called people back to Quran and Sunnah.
That is a meaningless and useless statement - Daesh, LeJ and TTP also claim to be 'calling people back to Quran and Sunnah' - without defining an underlying structure or basic set of principles (equality, respect and tolerance for speech and the faith of everyone regardless of their beliefs), how is the current Wahabi religious leadership of Saudi Arabia any different from Daesh?

How can you be sure that the current Wahabi leadership is actually following Wahab's interpretation of Islam?

Much like a constitution establishes certain 'unalienable rights' for the citizenry, rights that future laws cannot overturn or be in violation of, Islam needs some basic principles of equality for all and freedom of faith and speech for all outlined and set in stone. Any interpretation of the Quran and Hadith MUST comply with those basic and unalienable rights/principles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom