What's new

After Babri Masjid, Vishwa Hindu Parishad Shifts its Focus on Gyanvapi Mosque in Varanasi

Yeah, and since you are so "grounded in reality" produce a solution for peace.
Status Quo is the best solution for peace. Pakistan doesn't attempt to infiltrate terrorist, both India and Pakistan have a cease fire at LoC. Build a 50feet wall for all I care but ensure that nothing crosses the line

Status Quo is the best solution for peace. Pakistan doesn't attempt to infiltrate terrorist, both India and Pakistan have a cease fire at LoC. Build a 50feet wall for all I care but ensure that nothing crosses the line

Status Quo has been the cause of seven decades of occasional border conflict, within-country proxy attack, suppressed living for the Kashmiris and spending massively on the military when the resources should have been spent on the millions who live on pittance and in suffering.

Seven decades gone, how many more decades like this ? Ten more ? Hundred more ?

I say a prayer for my grandparents whenever I read this Soumitra guy's posts. I have an international border to separate him (and his ilk) from me. I don't know how you guys can live with such saffron cunts.

He is deep within love for the right-wing. He has to just decide to swim out of this hate pool and find empathy for suffering people. I can hope for it.

That is unacceptable

We can't leave a Kashmiri Muslim state in the clutches of a increasingly hindutva extremist India

Then there can never be peace between India and Pakistan

Of course not

India rather than allow Partition and peace, separate the populations who had historical emnity went in for a retarded policy of one india where everyone gets stuck in a dysfunctional hate filled country

To make it even worse you seek occupation of a Muslim majority state to bring even more muslims into a incredibly communal India

You have lost your minds, there can never be peace with such a hindutva state

That is unacceptable

We can't leave a Kashmiri Muslim state in the clutches of a increasingly hindutva extremist India
Kashmiris are not as anti India or pro Pakistan as you imagine.

The Indian government is not as anti muslim as you imagine either.

Yaar stop being blind

That time has gone, India at the moment is a poisonous swamp of toxic communal hatred
No, there's as much toxic communal hatred as has always been. Things haven't gotten worse or anything.

It's an old clash of civilizations thing but we've learnt to live together, the hatred probably peaked during partition, it's been gradually decreasing since, with the odd ugly spike, but the trend is secular* and downward.

*in a financial charts sense, secular and cyclical market trends for example.

After Babri Masjid, VHP Shifts its Focus on Gyanvapi Mosque in Varanasi
February 13, 2020

Gyanvapi mosque in Varanasi.
Caravan News

NEW DELHI — After getting a satisfactory verdict from the Supreme Court on Ram temple in Ayodhya, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad has now shifted its focus on Gyanvapi mosque and Krishna temple in Mathura.

The VHP has called a meeting on February 16 to push for the demand and devise strategy on the Gyanvapi mosque in Varanasi, reports IANS.

The Gyanvapi mosque shares a boundary wall with the Kashi Vishwanath temple.

A civil court in Varanasi will start hearing the Gyanvapi Temple-Masjid complex case from February 17.

The VHP, which had earlier claimed that there is no plan to take up the causes of Kashi and Mathura, has now started pushing for them, emboldened by the Supreme Court verdict in Ramjanam bhoomi-Babri mosque case.

The VHP wants to free the Gyanvapi premises of the mosque which is situated near the temple.

Milind Parande, Secretary General of Vishva Hindu Parishad, though was guarded on response when asked about the issue, but said the Kashi Vishwanath temple is a symbol of Hindu religious identity, which cannot be abandoned.

The Hindu party in Gyanvapi Temple-Masjid complex case has sought an archaeological excavation on the temple premises in Varanasi.

The Gyanvapi Mosque, which adjoined the Kashi Vishwanath Temple, was built by Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb in 1669 after allegedly demolishing a Hindu temple.

Hindus claim that the original Vishwanath Temple existed on the site of the alleged demolition. An application was filed by Hindus in the Varanasi district court in 1991 seeking ownership of the disputed site. The Muslim side is also a party in the case.

(With agency inputs)
Gyanvapi mosque was built after destroying Jain and Hindu temple.

There are still old ruins of Hindu and Jain architecture in Gyanvapi mosque.

Last edited:
No, there's as much toxic communal hatred as has always been. Things haven't gotten worse or anything.

It's an old clash of civilizations thing but we've learnt to live together, the hatred probably peaked during partition, it's been gradually decreasing since, with the odd ugly spike, but the trend is secular* and downward.

*in a financial charts sense, secular and cyclical market trends for example.

This communal hatred is why India should never have been a united state

The state is turning hindutva extremist, something which atleast was officially tempered by decades of Congress rule

And with the advent of Social media the communal poison amongst Indians has thus spread that much further

India is reaching an untenable state of existence

This will again be a long court case and maybe a decade or two later these sites will be given back to the Hindus with Muslims given alternative land.

On the other hand if Muslims voluntarily give up these sites and get the alternative land it will go a long way to earn the goodwill.

Hindus always said Ayodhya to Jhanki hai, Kashi Mathura baaki hai. These 3 sites were always under conflict. One is resolved, 2 are remaining.

What do you think @xeuss , @jamahir , @AfrazulMandal , @The_Showstopper @ChennaiDude @Shantanu_Left

There is already a Kashi Vishvanath Mandir in Varanasi, built by the Maharani of Holkar. Is that temple for Bholenath not bhola enough for worship?

I agree on the alternative land but why are these type of Hindus so obsessed about these two sites ? Why can't they be Indians and Humans first instead and decide to be productively involved in removing India's various socio-economic problems ?
Hindus are obsessed with all sites including Mecca and Madina...

This will again be a long court case and maybe a decade or two later these sites will be given back to the Hindus with Muslims given alternative land.

On the other hand if Muslims voluntarily give up these sites and get the alternative land it will go a long way to earn the goodwill.

Hindus always said Ayodhya to Jhanki hai, Kashi Mathura baaki hai. These 3 sites were always under conflict. One is resolved, 2 are remaining.

What do you think @xeuss , @jamahir , @AfrazulMandal , @The_Showstopper @ChennaiDude @Shantanu_Left
You know my stand on this- Its a waste of time/resources and absolutely has no value in any form. But hey who is stopping them they have their priorities which is absolutely garbage.

Back
Top Bottom