What's new

Afridi won't captain Pakistan again: Ijaz Butt

S.M.R

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Pakistan cricket chief Ijaz Butt has said former one-day captain Shahid Afridi will never lead the national side again, blaming him for losing matches against the West Indies in May.

"In my opinion, perhaps considered wrong by some people, he made us lose the fourth and fifth one-dayers," Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Butt said in an interview to Geo Super.

"As far as I am concerned he is not captaincy material for the PCB anymore," said Butt of Afridi, who was dumped as captain after Pakistan won the overall series against the West Indies 3-2.

Afridi subsequently breached his contract by announcing his retirement from international cricket and criticising the PCB for mistreating senior players.

The PCB suspended Afridi's contract, revoked his permission to play abroad and directed him to appear before a disciplinary committee.

Afridi took the PCB to court but finally agreed on an out-of-court settlement that saw him fined 4.5 million rupees (52,000 dollars) but granted permission to play for Hampshire in the Twenty20 league in England.

Asked if Afridi would be allowed back on the team, Butt said: "He has not given us his retirement. If he wants to resign, he has to resign with the PCB.

"He is no more on our contract... after the West Indies tour he was no more the captain as our policy was to appoint a captain after every series and he knew that," said Butt.

Butt accused Afridi of politicising the row, saying he had to fend off calls from former Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif and the governor of the Afridi's home province of Sindh, Ishrat-ul-Ibaad.

"I told them point blank that I will not budge and Afridi will have to appear before the disciplinary committee," said Butt. (AFP)

Afridi wont captain Pakistan again: Ijaz Butt

and this '4 Munn ki Laaashhh' will remain the head of Pakistani Cricket. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Lifecycles of a Pakistani cricketer:
Debut –> Vice captain –> ban
Debut –> Ban.
Debut –> Captain –> Ban.
Debut –> Vice captain –> Retire.
Debut –> Captain –> Ban –> Retire –> Comeback –>Captain –> Strip of captaincy –>Retire.
Debut.

Debut –> Ban.
Debut –> Captain –> Ban.
Debut –> Captain –> Ban –> Retire –> Comeback –>Captain –> Strip of captaincy –>Retire.
Debut.

Very true :rofl:

What the HELLLL is Ijaz Butt still doing at the PCB????????????????? Is that how you treat our hero who captained our team at a difficult stage on short notice, & took the team to the Semi Finals of the World Cup????????????? I HATE Ijaz Butt.

Debut –> Ban.
Debut –> Captain –> Ban.
Debut.

Good one bro....

I feel sad for the pakistanis great who has to go through this ugly process. They do not get the fair treatment from the board.

What the HELLLL is Ijaz Butt still doing in the PCB????????????????? Is that how you treat our hero who captained our team at a difficult stage on short notice, & took the team to the Semi Finals of the World Cup????????????? I HATE Ijaz Butt.

Yeah the whole Pakistan knows that was retard Misbah who lead to our defeat. He was just having grudge in his heart for losing captain-C.

This here is close to reality -
All the other people follow a different cycle

Debut - > 50 runs -> play 2 years
Debut -> fail -> forgotten
Debut -> 100 runs -> your fellow opener gets you run out - > you are benched -> gone
Debut -> fail -> connections PCB - > try again > fail > connection PCB > try again > 40 runs > you are set for 4 years

The main reason for the disgusting treatment of cricketers is simply due to fact the old guard , in board do not want the newly retired players to move into management , so they disgrace them out of PCB ... to keep themselves employed for maximum number of years....

Alot of people might not know this but majority of the people behind the scenes do not change , or they change after 10-15 years period , but all the players playing (or who have recently retired they are not even in pcb most of time)

good decision by butt
afraid does not deserve to a captain

Back
Top Bottom