What's new

Afghans doubt Pakistan’s sincerity to fight militancy

I wonder why centcom's post are always like sugarcoated POTUS press briefings.

Is centcom is for real represntative of US centcom or its just the user name?

The U.S., Afghanistan and Pakistan are all victims of terrorism. We are fighting a common war and need each other’s cooperation to reach our ultimate goal of restoring peace in the region. Our common enemies are constantly seeking ways to further their evil agenda. And our failure to see eye to eye only shifts the advantage in their favor. The truth is that we’ve all lost thousands of brave soldiers in fighting terrorism. And it serves no one good to indulge in the blame game and conspiracy theories when we continue to make sacrifices for the sake of achieving our common mission. It is simply imperative for the regional partners to be on the same page, and coordinate and communicate effectively to negate the common threat.

LTC Taylor,
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling.jpg

I wonder why centcom's post are always like sugarcoated POTUS press briefings.

Is centcom is for real represntative of US centcom or its just the user name?

its just a BOT-

Are you sure ? the reason is i ve seen the name of persons operating this account changed many times in the posts in past 2-3 yrs.

Yup- a BOT can be re programmed- re named- at will of the programmer-

I have a question, where does taliban cadres get thier small arms, ammunition, rpgs, etc to take on ISAF and afghan forces.

Mujhahideens against russia had pak/us backing,

how does taliban fight well equipped ISAF.

Good question, equally... how does TTP get it's arms to take on PA?
Massive part of that answer is Opium! Destroy opium trade and Taliban can be controlled easily.

Also places that taliban control, they run protection rackets.

Either way, I assume you didn't get the answer you wished to get from this reply.

The U.S., Afghanistan and Pakistan are all victims of terrorism. We are fighting a common war and need each other’s cooperation to reach our ultimate goal of restoring peace in the region. Our common enemies are constantly seeking ways to further their evil agenda. And our failure to see eye to eye only shifts the advantage in their favor. The truth is that we’ve all lost thousands of brave soldiers in fighting terrorism. And it serves no one good to indulge in the blame game and conspiracy theories when we continue to make sacrifices for the sake of achieving our common mission. It is simply imperative for the regional partners to be on the same page, and coordinate and communicate effectively to negate the common threat.

LTC Taylor,
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

This WOT does have connotations of co-operation, mutual benefit and struggle for what's right. And according to your post you seek peace as we do.

Could you be a bit less ambiguous please? Just say it... ''we will use drones', 'we will continue to screw you and the entire region', while harping on about this bull!

You lost your WOT before a single soldier step foot in Afghanistan.
The last decade only strengthen my view.

Good question, equally... how does TTP get it's arms to take on PA?
Massive part of that answer is Opium! Destroy opium trade and Taliban can be controlled easily.

Also places that taliban control, they run protection rackets.

Either way, I assume you didn't get the answer you wished to get from this reply.

But aren't talibans the proponents of group affiliated to medieval version of Islam, which in my assumption should be anti-drugs.
If what you do claim is true, still pakistan is the largest trafficker of Heroin,

Many here have claimed that taliban regime in afghanistan had ended poppy cultivation in the "konduz thread a couple of weeks ago"

what my real query is about ammunition, mostly for the AK, from whatever videos and pics available, it always seems like these guys are using steel casings, which are not reloadable ammo,even if reloaded ammo, 7.62 x 39 needs corrosive berdan primer, which i dont think Taliban can produce in their shacks.

there are three countries in the region which can supply arms and ammunition, Iran afganistan and pakistan. Pakistans domestic arms industry is well established, and proliferation of small arms in tribal regions is common. Afganistan under ISAF, hence will have better control and I can't comment about Iran.

But aren't talibans the proponents of group affiliated to medieval version of Islam, which in my assumption should be anti-drugs.

Okay first off, I think it's best you not call it primitive versions of Islam, there is no such thing really,
extreme versions sure but even in Medieval Arabia it wasn't the norm to kill innocent civilians.

And yes they are anti-drug inside their own borders, as far as they care, it's either for the greater good (as they see it) or a problem for the West and a neat bit of profit for them (two birds with one stone).

If what you do claim is true, still pakistan is the largest trafficker of Heroin,

As would any other nation in our position. Would the US, NATO and ISAF be accomplices by that measure?

Many here have claimed that taliban regime in afghanistan had ended poppy cultivation in the "konduz thread a couple of weeks ago"

They did before the US invasion.
They've changed since then, and not for the better.

what my real query is about ammunition, mostly for the AK, from whatever videos and pics available, it always seems like these guys are using steel casings, which are not reloadable ammo,even if reloaded ammo, 7.62 x 39 needs corrosive berdan primer, which i dont think Taliban can produce in their shacks.

before the invasion, before 98' is a better way to put it, CIA and ISI backed the taliban with arms and ammo.
After this period, they continue to use these old arms and they DO manufacture AK-47s and IEDs, lots of villages in the border region where hundreds of AKs are produced per month.

Also, Pakistan is full of arms! We have a worrying gun culture here, and as a result guns are easily available on the black market for even extremists to get their hands on. But Taliban have tried attacking arms factories in Pak.

there are three countries in the region which can supply arms and ammunition, Iran afganistan and pakistan. Pakistans domestic arms industry is well established, and proliferation of small arms in tribal regions is common. Afganistan under ISAF, hence will have better control and I can't comment about Iran.

I wont blame you for suspecting, but do consider the other possibilities.
Also consider our position with these extreme forces, they have bombed POF, surely they won bite the hand that feeds them.

Okay first off, I think it's best you not call it primitive versions of Islam, there is no such thing really,
extreme versions sure but even in Medieval Arabia it wasn't the norm to kill innocent civilians.

And yes they are anti-drug inside their own borders, as far as they care, it's either for the greater good (as they see it) or a problem for the West and a neat bit of profit for them (two birds with one stone).

As would any other nation in our position. Would the US, NATO and ISAF be accomplices by that measure?

They did before the US invasion.
They've changed since then, and not for the better.

before the invasion, before 98' is a better way to put it, CIA and ISI backed the taliban with arms and ammo.
After this period, they continue to use these old arms and they DO manufacture AK-47s and IEDs, lots of villages in the ******* region where hundreds of AKs are produced per month.

Also, Pakistan is full of arms! We have a worrying gun culture here, and as a result guns are easily available on the black market for even extremists to get their hands on. But Taliban have tried attacking arms factories in Pak.

I wont blame you for suspecting, but do consider the other possibilities.
Also consider our position with these extreme forces, they have bombed POF, surely they won bite the hand that feeds them.

Can Pakistani armed forces starve supplies to taliban ?

KABUL - There are no clear signs that Pakistan is honestly trying to combat insurgency on its soil because it is not changing a failing strategy, Afghan Ministry of Interior spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said on Tuesday. Speaking to the media, Sediqqi said Pakistan’s tactics in fighting the insurgency in its country showed no sign of success and so needed to be revised, however, it had not done so. “Pakistan is still holding onto its previous strategy in fighting insurgency which needs a definite change,” Sediqqi said. “There are no clear signs of honesty in Pakistan’s fight against insurgency. We have not witnessed any great effort from Pakistan,” he added. He made the statements after Interior Minister Rehman Malik said recently that fighting against the country’s militants should be in close collaboration with the citizens and in keeping with their demands.
“We should act based on their demands, we should consider the demands of local residents in fight against insurgency. The military cannot be a solution to every problem,” Malik said, calling for an immediate termination of the US drone strikes in the Tribal Areas. The international community and the Afghan government has frequently urged Pakistani authorities to do more to control insurgents within its border, particularly the Haqqani Network, al Qaeda and the Taliban.

Afghans doubt Pakistan

what we say :lol:
Afghanio ka damagh kharab ho gya ha:rofl:

KABUL - There are no clear signs that Pakistan is honestly trying to combat insurgency on its soil because it is not changing a failing strategy, Afghan Ministry of Interior spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said on Tuesday. Speaking to the media, Sediqqi said Pakistan’s tactics in fighting the insurgency in its country showed no sign of success and so needed to be revised, however, it had not done so. “Pakistan is still holding onto its previous strategy in fighting insurgency which needs a definite change,” Sediqqi said. “There are no clear signs of honesty in Pakistan’s fight against insurgency. We have not witnessed any great effort from Pakistan,” he added. He made the statements after Interior Minister Rehman Malik said recently that fighting against the country’s militants should be in close collaboration with the citizens and in keeping with their demands.
“We should act based on their demands, we should consider the demands of local residents in fight against insurgency. The military cannot be a solution to every problem,” Malik said, calling for an immediate termination of the US drone strikes in the Tribal Areas. The international community and the Afghan government has frequently urged Pakistani authorities to do more to control insurgents within its border, particularly the Haqqani Network, al Qaeda and the Taliban.

Afghans doubt Pakistan

Well.....on whom we are having doubts ???? there are no doubts at all...we are sure of Pakistan's intention's.

Back
Top Bottom