What's new

Afghans asks India trucks, light mountain artillery, close air support etc

There are similarities between Pashtuns & Kashmiris going back to the origin (semitic descent !). My Grandpa used to maintain that we're one people - Pashtun & Kashmiri (at least the ethnic ones) - & we traveled to these areas thousands of years ago. The ones who settled in the parts that came to be known as Afghanistan & Pakistan adapted to the harsh life style in those areas & weathered the subsequent invasions & developed a tribal society like tribal societies elsewhere (Arabia, Mongolia) where Tribes would feud with each other for scarce resources & so a warrior-like culture evolved. These came to be called as Pashtuns or Afghans.

Others who moved to parts which came to be known as Kashmir evolved into less hardy people owing to the comfortable life in the extremely fertile lands of Kashmir & the mountains served as a natural barrier to the outside for much of Kashmir's existence & so they had no warrior like culture to speak off but instead became artisans & craftsmen in addition to being farmers & herders !

Dunno how much of that is based on facts.

That was a good read and informative! what does Butt mean?

I had heard some time ago either the Afghans had asked for the ALH WSI or the GoI had offered it but nothing came of it due to, at that time, domestic orders. I wonder if we could see this deal rear its head again as HAL is investing monumentally to increase its production capacity?

I know that but what does it mean in Punjabi? butt dutt

Punjabi ? :blink:

Its probably a word from Koshur (the language of the Kashmir valley); from what I remember my Grandpa telling me that it was a corruption of 'Boodh' or 'Boottth' which, according to him meant Great, as in Booodh Shah - Great King.

Because none of us know our ancestral tongue we've no way of affirming or denying that hypothesis !

I didn't know that Indian trucks and other things are superior to USA/NATO tech. :lol:
Thanks to Afghans and Indian express.

........pakistan is well established in the 'Monkey trap'. There is no escape...it will continue to spiral downwards into chaos.

Nothing to underestimate....If anyone understands the pakistanis ...its the Indians.

Words worth their weight in gold. I firmly believe in what you have written and agree with it. The first line only !

There are similarities between Pashtuns & Kashmiris going back to the origin (semitic descent !). My Grandpa used to maintain that we're one people - Pashtun & Kashmiri (at least the ethnic ones) - & we traveled to these areas thousands of years ago. The ones who settled in the parts that came to be known as Afghanistan & Pakistan adapted to the harsh life style in those areas & weathered the subsequent invasions & developed a tribal society like tribal societies elsewhere (Arabia, Mongolia) where Tribes would feud with each other for scarce resources & so a warrior-like culture evolved. These came to be called as Pashtuns or Afghans.

Others who moved to parts which came to be known as Kashmir evolved into less hardy people owing to the comfortable life in the extremely fertile lands of Kashmir & the mountains served as a natural barrier to the outside for much of Kashmir's existence & so they had no warrior like culture to speak off but instead became artisans & craftsmen in addition to being farmers & herders !

Dunno how much of that is based on facts.

Neither kashmiries nor pashtuns are semetic. Kashmiris are indic people while pashtuns are iranic.

Humm kissi ki tribe say nahin hain! We are the Pathans. Put a Persian and a Pukhtoon side by side, and the "Persian Pukhtoon" theory bites dust. :P

You would be surprised that closest langauge to pashto is osessetian langauge, spoken in caucaus russia, they are indo-iranians like us.

Humm kissi ki tribe say nahin hain! We are the Pathans. Put a Persian and a Pukhtoon side by side, and the "Persian Pukhtoon" theory bites dust. :P

You would be surprised that closest langauge to pashto is osessetian langauge, spoken in caucaus russia, they are indo-iranians like us.

Maybe they should help Afghanistan w/ NUKES! So they can flank China and NUKE them! Bomb BOMB BOMB .... BOMB BOMB China

nuke-cloud-wallpapers_12631_1280x1024.jpg

nuclear-bomb.jpeg

:china: Sorry I had a bit of SinoChalleger moment there...or like most here who want Iran to have NUKES!

Maybe they should help Afghanistan w/ NUKES! So they can flank China and NUKE them! Bomb BOMB BOMB .... BOMB BOMB China

nuke-cloud-wallpapers_12631_1280x1024.jpg

nuclear-bomb.jpeg

:china: Sorry I had a bit of SinoChalleger moment there...or like most here who want Iran to have NUKES!

Are you Alright ?

The Afghans love Indians and hate Pakistanis, especially Punjabis. They look down upon the Punjabis since Afghans rules upon the Punjabis for several centuries.

Back
Top Bottom