What's new

Afghanistan: Why Turkey wants to partner with Hungary to protect Kabul airport

Here we go with the name calling. Your childish, wide eyed view of your heroes is laughable.

Because they live brutally in a lawless place, to your minds they are heroic. Afghans live all over the UK now and guess what, they tow the line like the rest of civilised society.

I have no problem with Afghans but for a modern person on the internet to imagine the Taliban as a success story is hilarious. After 5000 years they did not learn how to create a working society.

Their country is ruined - the Taliban should have figured out how to defuse USA before war - That's the difference in having leaders of a country rather than ideological fools - who managed to get themselves killed anyway.

Ps. Why should I hide US embarrassment - they ran from the Vietcong, they lost in Syria, they even got battered by Somalians in Mogadishu. The point is, why do naive people like you have to paint these people as some sort of ideal?

FYI Vietcong had as much backing from USSR as Taliban gets from Muslims countries. It was the same guerilla tactics, basic weapons and harsh terrain that did it for both.

Can I ask what country is successful in your opinion and why are they successful?

Makes zero sense because those central asian Turkic states have strict policies of neutrality. They have no interests in China.

I thought maybe they intend on carving out a Turkic state from Afghanistan but now that it's clear they want the airport, I have zero doubt that it's the NATO asking Turkey to step up for it and trying to exploit the diplomatic relations between Turkey and Pakistan.

It didn't make any sense either when Turkey put out bids for Libyan infrastructure projects back in 2011. Yet it was their "foot in the door" to instigate insurrection in Libya by arming rebels.

If Turkey does manage to get the airport security contract in Kabul, it will arm Uyghur terrorists who are presently in Afghanistan along with their ISIS rascals. Wonder how ISIS rebels and Uyghurs managed to get into Afghanistan all the way from Syria and Iraq. I guess terrorists have a free pass regardless of the Western military's so-called anti-ISIS campaign.

Turkey is a Trojan Horse for the Muslim World, if it is truly loyal to Islam, it will have to prove it by abandoning NATO in it's totality.

Can I ask what country is successful in your opinion and why are they successful?

Well, clearly if a country is an attractive settlement for the majority of the world's immigrants, it is doing something right.

I don't see queues to move into Afghanistan, do you?

USA and UK are successes because they ensure their citizens rights better than anywhere in the world. Fools will lionise Afghans for fighting from caves while abusing their own people but cannot recognize the democratic experiment for the amazing human endeavour that it is.

if taliban terrorists take over afghanistan then no need airport security as no airline will fly from there

Gen Dostum has fled to turkey and his boys are surrendering like dominos lol. Turkish heads should start rolling in the middle of Kabul if they try pulling this dumb *** shit.

Here we go with the name calling. Your childish, wide eyed view of your heroes is laughable.

Because they live brutally in a lawless place, to your minds they are heroic. Afghans live all over the UK now and guess what, they tow the line like the rest of civilised society.

I have no problem with Afghans but for a modern person on the internet to imagine the Taliban as a success story is hilarious. After 5000 years they did not learn how to create a working society.

Their country is ruined - the Taliban should have figured out how to defuse USA before war - That's the difference in having leaders of a country rather than ideological fools - who managed to get themselves killed anyway.

Ps. Why should I hide US embarrassment - they ran from the Vietcong, they lost in Syria, they even got battered by Somalians in Mogadishu. The point is, why do naive people like you have to paint these people as some sort of ideal?

FYI Vietcong had as much backing from USSR as Taliban gets from Muslims countries. It was the same guerilla tactics, basic weapons and harsh terrain that did it for both.

Here comes your ignorance, living brutally?? What does that mean? Using language of typical white ppl and then u complaim if i call u their slave. Do they live more brutal life than in bongla?? What does a brutal life mean? As far as i know they have kids and farm animals and live a modest life. If u think they live like those wild west movies then i can only laugh at ur stupidity.
Again u keep saying nonsense like avoid the war, u cannot avoid everything. Some wars are imposed. Look at the recent US report that the US wanted to change regime before 911, so what abt that then? How does ur avoidance work here? Or maybe u can avoid it by selling ur country, urself and ur honor and become a slave voluntarily right?
Also educate urself, opium was banned only when taliban ruled, it was the only time in history when opium was banned, ur white masters love opium too much and the money that comes with it. Also taliban hardly got 10℅ of the support vietcong had, that too from poor Pakistan covertly by few well wishers.

It didn't make any sense either when Turkey put out bids for Libyan infrastructure projects back in 2011. Yet it was their "foot in the door" to instigate insurrection in Libya by arming rebels.

If Turkey does manage to get the airport security contract in Kabul, it will arm Uyghur terrorists who are presently in Afghanistan along with their ISIS rascals. Wonder how ISIS rebels and Uyghurs managed to get into Afghanistan all the way from Syria and Iraq. I guess terrorists have a free pass regardless of the Western military's so-called anti-ISIS campaign.

Turkey is a Trojan Horse for the Muslim World, if it is truly loyal to Islam, it will have to prove it by abandoning NATO in it's totality.

Central Asian Turkic states =/= Turkey

And control of an airport, won't allow them to arm other terrorist groups. It's just the one airport.
You are talking about past where NATO was barging into Afghanistan with full force. Today, they are leaving, and wont have that luxury of airstrikes and special forces. In both scenarios, political settlement and military solutions, Taliban will be inside Kabul. So for future, if NATO wants a quick entry at Kabul airport to cover a bad situation (whatever it might be), you are looking at Taliban forces already entrenched into Kabul with airport always in cross hairs. Pakistan has already pulled the plug on CIA bases and there wont be any ALOCs and GLOCs once withdrawal is completed and verified.

They can always come back. Always. Retaining neutral control of Kabul is all about making their re-entry easy.

Last time they had to fly in jets from Pakistan, had to land ground forces in Northern Afghanistan, and had to use special forces to take control of Kandahar airstrips and major roads.

This time they won't have any airbase, or allied territory in Afghanistan, and their closest places of deployment would be the Middle East.

So, it's absolutely vital and a lifeline for them to keep control of Kabul airport. Even if Taliban entrench it, it will be easier for them to make way since they know they don't have to target inside the airport. They could potentially even run intelligence ops with help of NATO forces before announcing any large scale operation. It's very important to them.

Also, no country is "sincere" to Islam. I mean Pakistan doesn't meddle in Xinjiang, that's not rocket science as to why. So stop blabbering.

Last edited:
Central Asian Turkic states =/= Turkey

And control of an airport, won't allow them to arm other terrorist groups. It's just the one airport.

It always starts with just "one thing," that's how things get ugly in a hurry. Like or not, turkey will do just that, once it is in Afghanistan, make no mistake.

Well, clearly if a country is an attractive settlement for the majority of the world's immigrants, it is doing something right.

I don't see queues to move into Afghanistan, do you?

USA and UK are successes because they ensure their citizens rights better than anywhere in the world. Fools will lionise Afghans for fighting from caves while abusing their own people but cannot recognize the democratic experiment for the amazing human endeavour that it is.

Do the people in Afghanistan want to change? They were able to fight (and win against great odds) to protect their way of life.

Emtpy pocketed ,sheep hearder of saudi arabia now become the kings.
with half of the world oil money in thier pockets now opening brothel houses ,bikni Beaches.
they always obeys the command's of the usa and israel.
CAll talibans and see if they obey the usa or israel.
muslims faith will always be better if he had empty pockets.

Excuse me dirty atheist foreigner coming through.

It seems to me we will have an increase presence of Turkey in Afghanistan. Which I approve, though I might have problems with Erdogan on the domestic issue his foreign policy is what I can get behind.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this play out.

Excuse me dirty atheist foreigner coming through.

It seems to me we will have an increase presence of Turkey in Afghanistan. Which I approve, though I might have problems with Erdogan on the domestic issue his foreign policy is what I can get behind.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this play out.

Thank you Mr. Dirty Atheist.

The US lost this war because they treated a counterinsurgency like a nation building project instead of like a genocidal war which is how they should be waged. This has nothing to do with Islam or the indomitable spirit of Awghans.

Here comes your ignorance, living brutally?? What does that mean? Using language of typical white ppl and then u complaim if i call u their slave. Do they live more brutal life than in bongla?? What does a brutal life mean? As far as i know they have kids and farm animals and live a modest life. If u think they live like those wild west movies then i can only laugh at ur stupidity.
Again u keep saying nonsense like avoid the war, u cannot avoid everything. Some wars are imposed. Look at the recent US report that the US wanted to change regime before 911, so what abt that then? How does ur avoidance work here? Or maybe u can avoid it by selling ur country, urself and ur honor and become a slave voluntarily right?
Also educate urself, opium was banned only when taliban ruled, it was the only time in history when opium was banned, ur white masters love opium too much and the money that comes with it. Also taliban hardly got 10℅ of the support vietcong had, that too from poor Pakistan covertly by few well wishers.

Brutality is shooting women in town squares and stoning people to death - does that happen in Pakistan? Or is Pakistan acting too 'white' too?? Being civilised is not a western concept.

And all the BS your spouting is outdated, idiotic propaganda that Taliban fed to fanboys 20 years ago. Taliban stopped opium production? It's one of their biggest earners:

There are several countries the US would like to wage war on but they are clever enough to avoid it. Its called statesmanship - something know it all ideological buffoons cant understand.

If you're going to discuss something come without built-in bias. Just because you hate USA doesn't make anyone who hurts them better people.

Emtpy pocketed ,sheep hearder of saudi arabia now become the kings.
with half of the world oil money in thier pockets now opening brothel houses ,bikni Beaches.
they always obeys the command's of the usa and israel.
CAll talibans and see if they obey the usa or israel.
muslims faith will always be better if he had empty pockets.

You're right and that's the point - they are only good because of lack of opportunity. If they had money, they have already shown the evil they are capable but you will refuse to see it.

Even without money every corruption under the sun is tolerated in Afghanistan as long as it's not in the open.

As a comparison, UK is rich, but it takes in thousands of refugees, gives equal rights to all immigrants. Pays for food, housing, schooling and healthcare of every citizen. Taliban can't even tolerate statues of other religions, let alone people.

Nato could have used chemical weapons to murder everyone in Afghanistan or bomb them indiscriminately. But they didn't because of their rules of engagement. Do you think Taliban believe in any such limits? How can they be good people in your view?
Do the people in Afghanistan want to change? They were able to fight (and win against great odds) to protect their way of life.

That's not true, they are not fighting for their way of life. Taliban is fighting for power - their way is not the afghan way of life.

The rest of the Afghans are fighting to maintain order against the Taliban, other groups are fighting for ethnic superiority, and some are straight up mercenaries for Iran, India, USA or Pakistan.

That's not true, they are not fighting for their way of life. Taliban is fighting for power - their way is not the afghan way of life.

The rest of the Afghans are fighting to maintain order against the Taliban, other groups are fighting for ethnic superiority, and some are straight up mercenaries for Iran, India, USA or Pakistan.

How can you say a foreign implanted puppet regime would be better? At least this way they have no one else to blame but themselves.

Back
Top Bottom