What's new

Afghanistan V India - SAFF Championship 2011

Don't have the patience to watch Indian or south Asian football.

Best of luck to Afghanistan, wont mind if they best us.

Would like to see these little joys turning into steps towards complete nationhood.

You said it.

South Asian (mainly Indian) football is highly unprofessional. Heck, even small European clubs plays better than us. :hitwall:

i think india should play more matches every year...currently we play very few matches....there should be a south asian nations league which will increase popularity of football in all south asian countries...also it will improve infrastructure of our stadiums...

Brilliant idea! it will also improve infrastructure in other countries too especially Afghanistan we lack the very basic things here.

You said it.

South Asian (mainly Indian) football is highly unprofessional. Heck, even small European clubs plays better than us. :hitwall:

it is getting better dude...few years ago i used to change channel while watching indian football...now we have improved just little bit..

Last edited by a moderator:
Going a bit off-topic, but i guess India can be an ideal training ground for next gen Afghan Sports persons. The infrastructure of some of the clubs in metros are in par with the world's best.

here's a pic of Afghan girls football team For Subroto Cup in Delhi which took place in mid Nov.

afghan-girls_350_111011114557.jpg

Jointly we can achieve more and more.

All the best. I don't mind either nation winning. If this win unites them,even temporarily, then all power to it.

That's hell of their stupidity, I saw their players itching for a fight in the game too but some one tell em don't mess with us else Afghans would not spare any healthy nose or jaws for you!

dude they are gorkhas...right up there with the Afghans in fights :devil:

All the best. I don't mind either nation winning. If this win unites them,even temporarily, then all power to it.

The more important thing is we don't fear to die!! :P

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

it is getting better dude...few years ago i used to change channel while watching indian football...now we have improved just little bit..

Yeah they have improved alot I also heard that Indian football federation had invited barca to play with them.. ??

Last edited by a moderator:

No mate not all of them....Gorkhas make only small percentage of population , besides war or football a little discipline is expected anyway...and that too against Afghanistan,? who despite all the hardship they are suffering ,are in the final !!!!

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Yeah they have improved alot I also heard that Indian football federation had invited barca to play with them.. ??

it will be india vs Bayern Muenchen on 10th jan 2012....for sikkim earthquake funds.

I highly disagree!

I have seen many talents fading away coz' of lack of encouragement.

I highly disagree!

I have seen many talents fading away coz' of lack of encouragement.

encouragement from whom???
we need to encourage them...if fans do not watch them play then how will they improve?
its not chicken egg problem..its simple...give them more attention and they will improve..

You have no idea about the gurkhas. :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

encouragement from whom???
we need to encourage them...if fans do not watch them play then how will they improve?
its not chicken egg problem..its simple...give them more attention and they will improve..

Encouragement from the club authority, Govt bodies.

You have no idea about the gurkhas. :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Encouragement from the club authority, Govt bodies.

lol..lets say government "encourages" them...then what??
tickets for saff cup are just 75-150 rupees still people won't go in huge numbers...all sportsmen need is good fans that support them...without fans there is no improvement.

I am sure most of Afghans will come from every part of India to Delhi for this match and this was a very bad day for Nepal we beat them in the semi-final of ACC T20 cup 2011 as well today!!

There are 60,000 Afghan refugees estimated to be living in New Delhi :woot::woot: + ten thousands of Afghans who comes India for education/medical treatment etc.

So you can say that India have a mini Afghanistan in New Delhi. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom