What's new

Afghanistan should not be occupied, just managed with 10-15k troops

lol ok indian, go somewhere else. Arguing with an indian is like arguing with an idiot, the idiot always thinks he's winning and just wont give up. I'm done with you.

BP yaar

you just have few posts

Ravi is among some of the good middle of the road indian poster

you guys got off to bad start (as I don't know if you two had any tiff in the past)

Let's not throw baby out with bathwater

thank you

possible , considering what happened Yankees in North Vietnam and currently in Syria

NV was different era different USA

Never underestimate a super power

American army setup was based on draft

not anymore

For all practical purposes American army can continue COIN ops for a long time to come.

Thank you

BP yaar

you just have few posts

you guys got off to bad start (as I don't know if you two had any tiff in the past)

thank you

I am not a good middle of the road Indian.

I hate Indians and Pakistanis. Blame the Indians and Pakistanis. :mad::mad::mad:

But seriously, Pakistanis talk as if none of the social ills happen in their country, and Indians tend to get sanctimonious, when our country is actually not that much better.

@FaujHistorian In all seriousness, I am glad I don't live in that part of the region anymore.

Last edited:
BP yaar

you just have few posts

thank you

I don't have any problem with any person or religion. But when you insult my religion, I will use every verbal abuse in my vocabulary
BP yaar

you just have few posts

thank you

not anymore

For all practical purposes American army can continue COIN ops for a long time to come.

Thank you

He may be a good person or whatever, but his post comes off as a typical islamophobe. Just got me angry after seeing a whole lot of anti islamic comments on this forum. Anyway I'm done with him.

I am not a good middle of the road Indian.

I hate Indians and Pakistanis. Blame the Indians and Pakistanis. :mad::mad::mad:

But seriously, Pakistanis talk as if none of the social ills happen in their country, and Indians tend to get sanctimonious, when our country is actually not that much better.

We do Ravi we do

Just need to go past the rhetoric

OK now back to the topic please

We do Ravi we do

Just need to go past the rhetoric

OK now back to the topic please

I think it would be more viable, if Americans kept their special forces contingent there. I know the night time raids were unpopular, but precise, military strikes aimed at disrupting Taliban operations would be good.

I guess Americans already use drones.

To be honest, I think the writ of the Afghan government is in Kabul anyway. So you might end up in the situation where the Nato forces cede more country side territory.

not anymore
For all practical purposes American army can continue COIN ops for a
long time to come.

Its America's longest war where the length, cost and course remains unknown thus arises the question of sustainability.

Long war, based on volunteers without readjustment to the force structure has its consequences in comparison to a set up based on draft.

Its America's longest war where the length, cost and course remains unknown thus arises the question of sustainability.

Long war, based on volunteers without readjustment to the force structure has its consequences in comparison to a set up based on draft.

Instead of empty behas please show me how many American colleges are up in arm on daily basis and leading anti-war protests week after week after week after week.

Afghanistan at its worst for American is like Kashmir for Indian army, or Wazirastan for Pak army

There are deaths

there is expense

But this is no forking Vietnam for anyone.

peace

America cant win in Afghanistan just like Soviets and Brits could not.

there is super power hubris in the trajectory of all these powers of their time. They condescendingly wanted to bring civilization and ended up turning turtle.

English speaking class in Pakistan, most of them cynical, defeatist and with colonized minds are keyboard warriors having little or no respect for Taliban or Afghanistan in general.

Taliban are as bad, if not more than the imperialist occupiers of past and present. Of all the bad things they have done, the only good thing they are doing is resisting, quite successfully, the subjugation of their country to imperial and geo strategic interests of the current super power.

No one should believe this American propaganda that US war is for good of Afghanistan. No country spends its trillions for the betterment of the other. Its the biggest bullshit stuffed into this 'liberal' mindset. The reason for this war was to gain foothold in Asia. It might look successful, but sustainable, its not.

Any nation can suffer defeat. That's not the point

your lumping of Americans and Commies and Brits in one sentence is highly misleading.

Commies got defeated because another super power supplied Muj the stingers and provided training to fight off commies via ISI

Brits of 1830 lacked airpower to control Afghanistani war lords

Americans today may defeat themselves by following bad advice

but Afghanistani war lords cannot say we defeated commies so we can defeat Americans

This is incorrect and bad bad bad thinking

Any nation can suffer defeat. That's not the point

your lumping of Americans and Commies and Brits in one sentence is highly misleading.

Commies got defeated because another super power supplied Muj the stingers and provided training to fight off commies via ISI

Brits of 1830 lacked airpower to control Afghanistani war lords

Americans today may defeat themselves by following bad advice

but Afghanistani war lords cannot say we defeated commies so we can defeat Americans

This is incorrect and bad bad bad thinking

Its not an incorrect analogy. The logic to invade Afghanistan was the same in all three instances, to control strategic part of Asia. You are talking about means, I talked about the ends.

Its not an incorrect analogy. The logic to invade Afghanistan was the same in all three instances, to control strategic part of Asia. You are talking about means, I talked about the ends.

you my dear are talking the same thing as Islamsits and Talibarbarians. without ever inserting any of your own analysis and your perspective.

This is what I was trying to point out.

Hope you understand.

But why do we need any troops inside Afghanistan? As it is there will be a bloody battle between the Afghan taliban and the Afghanistan Armed forces. We should just be their friendly neighbor to whoever finally controls Afghanistan. And do business with them and beyond them with CAS.

there is super power hubris in the trajectory of all these powers of their time. They condescendingly wanted to bring civilization and ended up turning turtle.

English speaking class in Pakistan, most of them cynical, defeatist and with colonized minds are keyboard warriors having little or no respect for Taliban or Afghanistan in general.

Taliban are as bad, if not more than the imperialist occupiers of past and present. Of all the bad things they have done, the only good thing they are doing is resisting, quite successfully, the subjugation of their country to imperial and geo strategic interests of the current super power.

No one should believe this American propaganda that US war is for good of Afghanistan. No country spends its trillions for the betterment of the other. Its the biggest bullshit stuffed into this 'liberal' mindset. The reason for this war was to gain foothold in Asia. It might look successful, but sustainable, its not.

I would start with how you define "winning"...

Coz therein lies the answer to the afghan problem.....in my opinion, the Americans have already won in the traditional sense of war...however what the real aim as I see it is to transform afghan society which I think is beyond American capabilities..it has to be an internal afghan struggle with western support of course

They believe that an imaginary sky god gives them the right to shoot 14 year old girls in the face, or blow up 15 year old kids.

The only sky god they need to fear are the Reapers.

I say screw'em.

And the only thing you need to fear in your country is your deity of rape, being gang raped with small dicks, then using iron rods etc because of impotence and then finally being put out of your misery by being burnt alive or being left to bleed out on the ground....Stop bashing any religion, some atheist claim to be ''enlightened'', ''nonjudgmental'' and shit but are one of the most fanatic believers of your own ideals, similar in many ways to the terrorists

Back
Top Bottom