What's new

Afghanistan Report Today - Reporter Sumaira Khan live from Kabul -See how she was treated by Taliban

Its time for Pakistan to reset its relationship and assist Taliban in turning Afghanistan into a progressive country. This is also the only way to improve its image in the country.

These are the first steps Pakistan needs to take

1. Design and provide proper uniforms for Taliban soldiers and policemen
2. All Pakistani Banks need to extend their branches to Afghanistan
3. Open Schools and educational institutions that provide technical skills
4. Build and run Hospitals and Medical schools
5. Pakistani media houses need to open their branches in Afghanistan, especially PTV and Khyber News
6. Pakistanis should open up business there so as to start the economic activates and create jobs.
7. Send technical staff to Afghanistan to run their power stations & Airports while training Afghans so they can take over eventually.

The quicker normalcy can be achieved the safer both the countries will be and the hostilities between both nations will come to an end. This is will also be dig the last nails into PTM's coffin.

Last edited:

5. Pakistani media houses need to open their branches in Afghanistan, especially PTV and Khyber News
6. Pakistanis should open up business there so as to start the economic activates and create jobs.
7. Send technical staff to Afghanistan to run their power stations & Airports while training Afghans so they can take over eventually

I want that also. But then I am afraid too. I am afraid from a "stronger, educated and industrialized" Afghanistan and it will be a nightmare for us as far as Durand line issue is concerned.

I want that also. But then I am afraid too. I am afraid from a "stronger, educated and industrialized" Afghanistan and it will be a nightmare for us as far as Durand line issue is concerned.

To change the politics of the region, one needs to change the economics of the region.

Imagine trade flowing from Pakistan and China to Central Asia and onto Russia and Europe. Pakistan, in turn, could use the energy resources from landlocked Central Asia transiting through Afghanistan to power SEZs in KP. Like the SEZ in Rashakai where not long ago pitched battles were fought to dislodge TTP.

Dumb reporter... Made false news regarding t129 clearance to Pakistan few months back

Its time for Pakistan to reset its relationship and assist Taliban in turning Afghanistan into a progressive country. This is also the only way to improve its image in the country.

7. Send technical staff to Afghanistan to run their power stations & Airports while training Afghans so they can take over eventually.

The quicker normalcy can be achieved the safer both the countries will be and the hostilities between both nations will come to an end. This is will also be dig the last nails into PTM's coffin.

A nice thought but I don't think that the Afghan public will take too nicely to our presence in their country.

Durand line is only an issue because they have been brainwashed. With educational and stable economic conditions our borders could be like that of Canada and US.
A nice thought but I don't think that the Afghan public will take too nicely to our presence in their country.

There are quite a few Pakistanis in Afghanistan right now and so far there haven't been any issues. Also why would Afghans not be happy if we can help provide them a source of livelihood

To change the politics of the region, one needs to change the economics of the region.
Imagine trade flowing from Pakistan and China to Central Asia and onto Russia and Europe. Pakistan, in turn, could use the energy resources from landlocked Central Asia transiting through Afghanistan to power SEZs in KP. Like the SEZ in Rashakai where not long ago pitched battles were fought to dislodge TTP.

Good Post.
And please stop worrying about the Durand Line. If anything, it could move westward! It's a non-issue!

Like the SEZ in Rashakai where not long ago pitched battles were fought to dislodge TTP.

I agree with your overall opinion but this is not a fact. There was no influence of Taliban ever in the SEZ area. The SEZ is in Nowshera. Active Insurgency was almost 3 districts away from Nowshera borders.

She has even interviewed TTP leaders in the past, they treated her 'well' too. What's the point?

Durand line is only an issue because they have been brainwashed. With educational and stable economic conditions our borders could be like that of Canada and US

Last thing we want is an army of English speaking Afghan's with some credibility in different fields speaking against Pakistan and building naratives/opinions against Durand line on international forums. It's easy to deal with a backward enemy then an enemy with exposure, education and resources. There is a reason USA always sends it's adversaries to "stone age".

Last edited:
Not happening in my lifetime

I just read about Durand line. Is there a movement on uniting Pakistan and Afghanistan?

I just read about Durand line. Is there a movement on uniting Pakistan and Afghanistan?

Almost 100% of Afghans consider Durand line illegal and they claim almost 50% of KPK province of Pakistan and some areas of Baluchistan. They are not in a position of strength so the "movement" is not strong enough to cause an impact of large scale but things were not the same in Past. In Past Afghanistan attacked Pakistani tribal belt atleast 3 times, utilized resources for propaganda purposes to create a soft attitude toward a unified Pakhtoonistan among Pakistani tribes. If they can do it in past they can do it in future too. One should remember that between 1996-2001 when there was Taliban government , even they they didn't recognized Durand line as an international border. What make us sure that they will consider it now ? They have already pointed towards the "resistance" between the afghans to accept the Durand line.

Back
Top Bottom