What's new

Afghanistan questions US policies on Pakistan.

Good to see Afghanistan standing tall finally as a nation and questioning even the US unlike others who always dance to their tunes .

So I think Pakistan should forget business in Afghanistan ...

Who has more to loose? And Afghanistan should consider twice before biting the hand that feeds it, remember that the only thing stopping Mullah Omar and his gang from waltzing into Kabul is the US military, the Afghan government should exercise more tact when it comes to matters of national security and regional stability.

A word of caution to our Afghan friends: Make new friends, but don’t forget the old. The new are the silver, the old are the gold.

Yeap...GOLD in the form of dagger which mutilated AF for years by supporting oppressive Taliban regime and now causing death of civilians by supporting AF-Tal..

You are focusing on what IN is doing, while not considering what AF populance think about you. In the end its the mood of AF people that will set the tone of future AF-PK relations and that whats matter.

Keep doing what have you done in past to AF and you have to defend your borders on both sides.

Yeap...GOLD in the form of dagger which mutilated AF for years by supporting oppressive Taliban regime and now causing death of civilians by supporting AF-Tal..

You are focusing on what IN is doing, while not considering what AF populance think about you. In the end its the mood of AF people that will set the tone of future AF-PK relations and that whats matter.

Keep doing what have you done in past to AF and you have to defend your borders on both sides.

:disagree:

Is that all you could object to from my post? So what about the 28/29 years of relentless assistance to our neighbours, where was India then?

Where was India when no other nation would recognise Afghanistan execpt for Pakistan?

Where was India when afghan's would have starved if it weren't for Pakistan wheat and grain?

How many Afghan refugees did Indian host?

What detrimental impact did this have on India?

How many soldiers have India positioned along the Afghan borer or committed to that effort?

Lets leave geography aside, what cultural, language ties does India have with Afghanistan?

India's interest in Afghanistan began post 2001, and we all know why. So lets not kid ourselves, all those years when Afghanistan was sidelined and the world considered it a dumping ground for human waste, guess who carried Afghanistan?

How many soldiers has India lost in operations to secure the border for both nations? How many civilians does India lose on a daily basis due to terrorist incidents, or due to drone strikes?

:pakistan:

So you can take what your selling elsewhere, im not buying.

Is that all you could object to from my post? So what about the 28/29 years of relentless assistance to our neighbours, where was India then?

Where was India when no other nation would recognise Afghanistan execpt for Pakistan?

Where was India when afghan's would have starved if it weren't for Pakistan wheat and grain?

How many Afghan refugees did Indian host?

What detrimental impact did this have on India?

How many soldiers have India positioned along the Afghan borer or committed to that effort?

Lets leave geography aside, what cultural, language ties does India have with Afghanistan?

India's interest in Afghanistan began post 2001, and we all know why. So lets not kid ourselves, all those years when Afghanistan was sidelined and the world considered it a dumping ground for human waste, guess who carried Afghanistan?

How many soldiers has India lost in operations to secure the border for both nations? How many civilians does India lose on a daily basis due to terrorist incidents, or due to drone strikes?

:pakistan:

So you can take what your selling elsewhere, im not buying.

Lets not kid ourselves, RR. For all the questions that you raised - Were Pakistan's intentions purely humanitarian? What about strategic depth that keeps poppin every time there's an article on ISI and Afghanistan? Its true Pakistan has lost a lot and given a lot to Afghanistan in the past 3 decades, but nobody is in it for the charity...

Lets not kid ourselves, RR. For all the questions that you raised - Were Pakistan's intentions purely humanitarian? What about strategic depth that keeps poppin every time there's an article on ISI and Afghanistan? Its true Pakistan has lost a lot and given a lot to Afghanistan in the past 3 decades, but nobody is in it for the charity...

But then who is talking about charity Rob?

Im pointing out the fact, that our friend who cut and pasted my statement said we back-stabbed Afghanistan. On the contrary we have played our fair share to help Afghanistan, not just as good neighbours (but as an ends to a means), same as with America's relationship with Pakistan.

To come out and say that Pakistan has destabilise Afghanistan is complete fallacy, did Pakistan create the civil war that plagued Afghanistan, did Pakistan ask Russia to come and invade Afghanistan?

Did Pakistan ask Afghan warlords to pump our youth and misguided with hash and resin? Prior to the 80's there was no such thing as Kalashankov culture in Pakistan.

Ultimately Pakistan has Zia to blame, and Afghanistan has itself to blame for not having to balls or foresight to act as a united force and re-build their country.

But then who is talking about charity Rob?

Your earlier reply to him mentioned relentless assistance to Afghanistan.

Im pointing out the fact, that our friend who cut and pasted my statement said we back-stabbed Afghanistan. On the contrary we have played our fair share to help Afghanistan, not just as good neighbours (but as an ends to a means), same as with America's relationship with Pakistan.

Buddy, you had the option of not at all getting in this mess. If you had said no to US in Afghanistn in 80s and declared neutrality, I don't think you would be in this scrape today.

To come out and say that Pakistan has destabilise Afghanistan is complete fallacy, did Pakistan create the civil war that plagued Afghanistan, did Pakistan ask Russia to come and invade Afghanistan?

Russian invasion was an invitation from Najibullah government that had nothing to do with Pakistan. They were not harming you in any way and you could have dissociated with the entire conflict. Rob just said that the active support to Taliban in terms of intelligence and grooming let you to get involved.

Did Pakistan ask Afghan warlords to pump our youth and misguided with hash and resin? Prior to the 80's there was no such thing as Kalashankov culture in Pakistan

CIA meddled in Afghanistan and you thought of getting involved in this through the Soviet war and joining and assisting warlords. Come on now, there's no denying that ISI and CIA held training programs for the mujahideen to fight Russians.

You could have taken our example. Despite Russia being our closest ally, we didn't send our troops to help them.

Ultimately Pakistan has Zia to blame, and Afghanistan has itself to blame for not having to balls or foresight to act as a united force and re-build their country

I appreciate your genuine admission of your leader's folly of that time. But right now Afghanistan is bloody fragile and has to take Turkey's example if it has to progress.

were indian's intentions purely humanitarian? if so why did not india give the money to the half a billion indians poor in india- living below poverty line, no access to toilets, #1 aids in the world due to poor health care and health education?

how has pakistan lost when karzai kicked india to the side? :coffee:

Good to see Afghanistan standing tall finally as a nation and questioning even the US unlike others who always dance to their tunes .

do you mean afghanistan standing tall by kicking india to the side and letting pakistan eat india's lunch? ;)

This dude doesn't even have control over his own country yet he has the nerve to bark. Anyways the mayor of kabul should remember who he is, we can def live and gladly forget about afghanistan and survive but afghanistan can not live without us.

Read my post carefully.

Who is objecting? By not questioning your claims regarding assistance provided by PK to AF I am accepting them.

I take them on face value what you have claimed in the post I am quoting. And why you are talking about IN? Have I said anything regarding how good IN is? What IN got to do with this?

Why you have to view AF from IN lens? Even after doing all this assistance, what you think AF populance view regarding PK?

Take IN out of discussion. AF-PK relation should not be hostage of IN-AF or IN-PK relation.

In the long run the AF populance will set the tone for AF-PK relations. And if we go by current mood, you may end up defending east as well as west borders.

And if you think my reasoning is wrong, can you explain why PK is not looked favourably in AF ever after helping them for 3 decades.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom