What's new

Afghanistan has broken chains of slavery - PM Imran Khan

You must be kidding me right ... did you read carefully what the UNESCO report states OK I will post it again with an underline:

View attachment 771093

IF you can please define what "subjects across the curriculum" means I will be very grateful...btw I apologize also if I came across condescending ... not my intention AT ALL...

across curriculum in a bilingual system doesn't necessarily mean technical subjects were taught in a local language. Perhaps history and such was taught in the native language while science is taught in English. According to the UNICEF website english is taught in all schools in Ethiopia from grade 1, so it isn't obvious which language is used for technical subjects.

across curriculum in a bilingual system doesn't necessarily mean technical subjects were taught in a local language. Perhaps history and such was taught in the native language while science is taught in English. According to the UNICEF website english is taught in all schools in Ethiopia from grade 1, so it isn't obvious which language is used for technical subjects.
You know I might contact UNICEF so that we can get all confusion surrounding this report to rest.

The Islamic curriculum IK wants to integrate he should also integrate topics that directly tackle what the atheists are writing in their books. Yes we need Islamic history too. But we need to tackle theological offensive that is being launched in our universities.

He's not implementing an Islamic curriculum. This is all spin by the media to spread negativity about the curriculum. In the English speaking press the spin is he's making it all Islamic - because that is the worst thing for the liberals and in the Urdu gutter press the spin is that Islamiyat and all references to Islam are being stripped out.

The irony is both sides are too stupid and lazy to just Google what's on the official website.

Have a look at the official website - you'll find stuff you agree with on the whole.

He's not implementing an Islamic curriculum. This is all spin by the media to spread negativity about the curriculum. In the English speaking press the spin is he's making it all Islamic - because that is the worst thing for the liberals and in the Urdu gutter press the spin is that Islamiyat and all references to Islam are being stripped out.

The irony is both sides are too stupid and lazy to just Google what's on the official website.

Have a look at the official website - you'll find stuff you agree with on the whole.

I’m just surprised at the stupidity of both sides. This isn’t rocket science what Imran Khan said or wants to put in place. The debate on both sides shows how screwed up our education system has been if neither side can’t properly understand what’s being done, it’s either they are feigning stupidity or their actually stupid.

I used Google translate on English to Urdu words such as viscosity, volume, radius and many more..I can read and write Arabic so I find this hilarious... :lol:

radius = رداس
volume = حجم

so essentially you'd be teaching kids science in English directly translated to urdu.
Poor kids :lol:

Yes, that's the idea, now you are getting it, see it wasn't that difficult of a notion to comprehend. I'm glad you've come around. Also, before you go extolling the richness and originality of English, many a scientific words in english have arabic origin, a language not all that alien to Pakistanis.

Indian media is reporting one sentence from a long speech the PM gave today about education.

He was at the official launch of the Single National Curriculum. During his speech he was talking about mentality, and especially slave mentality. He talked about how the Pakistani education system encouraged a slave mentality through the English Medium curriculum. He said it was bought originally to create brown Englishmen for the Empire. He said post independence we adopted it and kept that same culture where our culture/language is considered inferior to those of Westerners.

He talked about the class divide between the students of religious seminaries, Urdu medium and english medium. He said he wanted to unify the nation by bridging these divides. He said the single national curriculum is step 1 and the status quo will fight it. He said we'll need to burn our boats in order to implement these changes.

During this speech he went on to talk about how in higher education people adopt English culture and become mental slaves to this foreign culture. He said mental slavery is worse than actual slavery. It's an acceptance of foreign culture as superior to yours. He said breaking the chains of mental slavery is very difficult. He said Afghanistan has broken the chains of physical slavery. He said the mental slavery is hard to break.

You can see this part of his speech here -

starts at 6:30.
A lot of pdf Pakistanis can be accused of what he is describing
Imran is a good lad

Ah, different definitions about what is superior. To me the thing that will benefit me more than what I have known is superior. It is superior to what I have known. Otherwise it would bring me no benefit. It is not inferiority complex. It is pure utilitarian. What you learn is to augment what you know, not to replace it. It is enrichment.

Frame it how you want. If I want to learn from a Japanese person how to make sushi, I need to focus on sushi. I don't need to see the other person's culture as superior.

so when are you willing to brake chains of slavery and accept IEA?

Ah, different definitions about what is superior. To me the thing that will benefit me more than what I have known is superior. It is superior to what I have known. Otherwise it would bring me no benefit. It is not inferiority complex. It is pure utilitarian. What you learn is to augment what you know, not to replace it. It is enrichment.

I guess I can see your point but only limited to where something is beneficial. For example if we stick to the topic of dress for a moment - it's abundantly obvious that modern Western winterware designed for the Arctic like temperatures are far superior to the traditional dress in the Himilayan regions even locals of the area wear.

However when our judges wear wigs and robes from the 17th century English tradition - that is of no benefit. That is a hang on from colonialism and the mentality that keeps it is an inferiority complex.
1629621327173.png

1629621349551.png

The second picture is especially telling. Our former president being sworn in wearing western business atire, the jusge swearing him in wearing the attire of English noblemen from the 17th century and in the background a member of staff likely in a lowly roles dressed in the traditional attire of our noblemen.

To me that's the inferiority complex. The head dresses of our ancestors has been relegated to uniform for doormen and waiters.

The biggest insult is that a Pakistani can get justice in the UK in front of an English judge, but cannot get justice in Pakistan in front of a Pakistani judge implementing English law dressed as an Englishman from the 17th century.

In Pakistan society, Urdu is linked to the mullah, backwardness and everything low-class; while English is the language of science and progress. Cosquently implementing urdu will always be tainted with the Islamic brush and cosidered a step back.

I would assume that English is taught, as a foreign language, in virtually every school in the world.

Frame it how you want. If I want to learn from a Japanese person how to make sushi, I need to focus on sushi. I don't need to see the other person's culture as superior.
Only someone who has inferiority complex would like to think of superiority in that way. The very notion of superiority rubs his sensitive mind and causes him discomfort. For those who don't have it, superiority is only to arouse his curiosity and desire to learn more.
I guess I can see your point but only limited to where something is beneficial. For example if we stick to the topic of dress for a moment - it's abundantly obvious that modern Western winterware designed for the Arctic like temperatures are far superior to the traditional dress in the Himilayan regions even locals of the area wear.

However when our judges wear wigs and robes from the 17th century English tradition - that is of no benefit. That is a hang on from colonialism and the mentality that keeps it is an inferiority complex.
View attachment 771951

View attachment 771952

The second picture is especially telling. Our former president being sworn in wearing western business atire, the jusge swearing him in wearing the attire of English noblemen from the 17th century and in the background a member of staff likely in a lowly roles dressed in the traditional attire of our noblemen.

To me that's the inferiority complex. The head dresses of our ancestors has been relegated to uniform for doormen and waiters.

The biggest insult is that a Pakistani can get justice in the UK in front of an English judge, but cannot get justice in Pakistan in front of a Pakistani judge implementing English law dressed as an Englishman from the 17th century.
The wig is a bit weird but those who were educated in British common laws, it is just another tradition, much like Pakistani traditions for ordinary Pakistanis. The same happens in Hong Kong, too. Though I respect traditions, I would also like them to be flexible. For example, Pakistan courts and Hong Kong courts should consider the preference of ordinary people, too. After all, courts are to deal with the problems among ordinary people, not just for the benefit of the judges.

Indian media is reporting one sentence from a long speech the PM gave today about education.

He was at the official launch of the Single National Curriculum. During his speech he was talking about mentality, and especially slave mentality. He talked about how the Pakistani education system encouraged a slave mentality through the English Medium curriculum. He said it was bought originally to create brown Englishmen for the Empire. He said post independence we adopted it and kept that same culture where our culture/language is considered inferior to those of Westerners.

He talked about the class divide between the students of religious seminaries, Urdu medium and english medium. He said he wanted to unify the nation by bridging these divides. He said the single national curriculum is step 1 and the status quo will fight it. He said we'll need to burn our boats in order to implement these changes.

During this speech he went on to talk about how in higher education people adopt English culture and become mental slaves to this foreign culture. He said mental slavery is worse than actual slavery. It's an acceptance of foreign culture as superior to yours. He said breaking the chains of mental slavery is very difficult. He said Afghanistan has broken the chains of physical slavery. He said the mental slavery is hard to break.

You can see this part of his speech here -

starts at 6:30.
Sometimes Khan sahib should discuss his speech with experienced diplomats ... that would be better... unnecessary statement

For the first time children of religious minorities are being taught their own religions rather than a generic 'Religious Studies'.

Sadly most people are too devoid of intellect to actually go and read what's in the new curriculum.

That is NOT slavery. It is only when that acceptance is forced upon, not agreed upon. Every culture is superior with certain conditions. Much like wheels are great on dirt roads while sleds are great on snow/ice. When these conditions of a foreign culture are ready while yours are not, it is perfectly OK to accept that the foreign culture is superior. That is how human beings learn.
So you are trying to set stage for China in Pakistan?

In that thread someone's real abba said about Allah subahanahu wa tala ... While moaning about self righteousness being a problem ... i quote him dirextly. I managed to locate his words:

https://defence.pk/pdf/goto/post?id=13066113.

And Kafirs defended him and supported him. So being a passionate and ofcourse zealot ... I fired few pehan cho*ds at him and also suggested why dont we invite his mother wife sister daughters and ask em to measure d!cks of self rightous folk ... And whose ever they find to be big enough to be rightous and they declare this one is righteous we will agree ... But they have to manually measure eaxh and evry. Thats the context.

Calling that sexting is ... Like saying X ... whose name i will not mention but he knows who he is i was saying calling that sexting is saying to you ...to whom it may concern ... Your mother was a pedophile ... And your mother bathing you while u was baby is proof ... She was horny for you ...

@doorstar do you think in your intellident mind what you offered proof of sexting and what i say bout X's mother and cite as evidence - are proof of what you claimed and what i alleged about X's mother.
despicable!
SQ8 said:
Only displays his upbringing and language he hears at home between them. Please report and then simply ignore.
you never really meant this did you? if you had he would not still be carrying on. :(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom