What's new

Afghanistan 'furious' over speculated US 7 billion military aid to Pakistan

This statement only shows what the Afghan ruling party wants, not the Afghan people.
Pakistan has helped the Afghan people since the Russian invasion by accepting millions of refugees, who still live here...

Last edited:
- A report in the Washington Post claiming that Pakistan is set to receive approximately 7 billion US dollars in military hardware from departing US troops has angered Afghan officials, while reigniting old Durand Line wounds.

A report in the Washington Post claiming that US military authorities have been in discussions with their Pakistani counterparts to hand over approximately 7 billion US dollars worth of military hardware to Afghanistan’s neighbour has stunned and enraged much of the Afghan media, reigniting old Durand Line wounds.

Despite Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF) and NATO troops fighting insurgencies in Afghanistan side-by-side in the last decade, a source in the report claims Pakistan is close to securing nearly 1,600 mine-resistant ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicles and other modern military hardware which Afghan forces were hoping to receive.

“No final decision has been made on the handover of the equipment and it is still being discussed,” said Sedid Sediqi, spokesman for the Afghan Ministry of Interior Affairs (MoIA), talking on Farakhabar, a program on Tolo News. “We hope that this decision will not be made and the equipment is not handed over to Pakistan”.

Sediqi says that Afghan forces have become accustomed to handling and using MRAP vehicles. “We really need them. We desperately need modern equipment,” added Sediqi.

“Afghanistan Betrayed”

Afghanistan Times ran with the headline: ‘Afghanistan Betrayed’, asking why such valuable military equipment should go to Afghanistan’s neighbour and not Afghan forces themselves. “The US has deliberately preferred Pakistan over Afghanistan. The latter has been fighting terrorism sincerely and bleeding profusely, but the US largesse has always showered on Pakistan,” wrote Afghanistan Times on the morning of March 24.

In its lead editorial on March 18, Hasht-e Subh – Afghanistan’s most-circulated daily – said others were benefitting from Afghanistan’s sacrifice.

“The people of Afghanistan, Afghan National Security Forces and the government of Afghanistan all want this equipment handed over to Afghan forces. According to the Declaration of the NATO Summit in Lisbon (ED: November 2010), NATO member states committed themselves to equipping Afghan Security Forces. But now that they are withdrawing from Afghanistan, they are going to hand over their equipment to Pakistan. We should not forget the war is devastating Afghanistan and Pakistan has one of the mightiest militaries in the region. Afghanistan’s National Army needs mine-resistant ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicles far more than the Pakistan army does.”

“According to the Declaration of the NATO Summit in Lisbon, NATO member states committed themselves to equipping Afghan National Security Forces.” Hasht-e Subh.

Jawed Kohistani, a military analyst talking to Afghanistan Today, says Afghanistan is being punished for Hamid Karzai’s refusal to sign the Bilateral Security Agreement (BSA) with the US. “Not signing the Bilateral Security Agreement and criticizing the policies of the United States of America in Afghanistan in the media, especially calling the US a competitor as opposed to a partner, while challenging their policies on combating terrorism, has deprived of us some opportunities we had,” said Kohistani.

Dowlat Waziri, a spokesman for the Afghan Ministry of Defence (MoD), strongly rejected claims NATO-trained Afghan forces cannot operate the equipment in question. “All Afghan security forces have been trained by US and NATO forces and they are fully capable of operating equipment currently used by Western troops in Afghanistan,” said Waziri, urging the US military to hand over the equipment to the Afghan National Army (ANA).

Fazel Sancharaki, a spokesman for presidential candidate Abdullah Abdullah, described the possibility of the weapons transfer to Afghanistan’s volatile neighbour as a form of punishment.

Old friend’s revenge?

“This decision by the USA is a kind of revenge towards President Karzai, but the people of Afghanistan will pay for it,” said Sancharaki. “Should Afghan security forces not be equipped and funded well, Afghanistan will again turn into the centre of international terrorism. In that case, the international community will be hurt.” Many observers in Afghanistan believe the Pakistan army directly or indirectly supports insurgent networks.

“President Hamid Karzai’s refusal to sign the Bilateral Security Agreement has led to this decision by the United States of America,” added Fahim Kohdamani, a spokesman for Islamist candidate Abdul Rab Rassoul Sayyaf. “Attacks by Afghan security forces on foreign troops may also have caused the US not to count Afghanistan as an ally,” added Kohdamani.

Afghanistan furious over speculated US 7 billion military aid to Pakistan | Pakistan Today

Tell Mr. Karzai that you continue support Russia and make US more screw

Afghanistan respects Crimea's right to self-determination – Karzai — RT News

I dont get it

the MRAPs alone can not be worth 7 billion :what:

do we have some other second hand items that need refuge :lol: ???

apparently vehicles are the only things right ??

Pakistan should start refusing this aid from now on; it does no good to the common person. It's a bribe or sorts, nothing less and nothing more.

:bunny::usflag::bunny::usflag::bunny::usflag::bunny:
In your face Afgandis, in your ****!ng face!

Pakistan should start refusing this aid from now on; it does no good to the common person. It's a bribe or sorts, nothing less and nothing more.
and buy some ghulails (catapult) from Afgandistan instead. :sick:

Last edited:
Afghanis are weird. Betrayed??

Betrayed over what exactly? You just got invaded and pounded the crap out of for the last 12 years.

NATO is not your friend, they are here to civilize you barbarians before things get out of hand.

Now get out of that cave, put a suit on and get a job.

They are right they shouldn't recognise Durrand Line, as we don't accept it, our border stretches to Amu Darya.

Karzai is from the same tribe as Shujaa was, born weak and pathetic puppets, Shuja met his end by the ghilzais and so will Karzai.

It's our land it's the land of Ghilzais and it always will be, sooner the dumb farsiwan Pukhtoons understand it the better.

I like to see an afghan who will say to my face he don't recognise the durrand line.

Pal, don't try to fool the world. Internally Pak is SO afraid of this issue that it wants Afghans to first recognize Durand line issue. 3.4 Geo-politics of a Settlement | Durand Line

> Pakistan is afraid of the challenge Afghanistan could bring to the Durand Line question, if it acquires the strength to do so in the future.

This kind of verbal braggadocio fools nobody!

But I thought you LOVED India taking Kashmir issue to UN which is impartial so what exactly are you guys scared of? If you personally are not your mly leadership SURE is

Scared of the issue, come kpk fata and ask anyone and they will tell you we are Pakistanis, we killed Afghans like pigs when they tried their bull.

My friend just don't poke your brown nose in something you don't understand.

What baravado? You need to know the meaning of this word I think.
Bravado means "confident or brave talk or behavior that is intended to impress other people." Pakistanis are quite experts at that. Braggadocio is another word I would use.

Examples are aplenty. You won all wars with India (even 1971) RIGHT until the moment you folks lost. Which tells me that you lack the trait of being honest even to yourselves. I can say on authority that Durand Line issue is a much bigger worry for you folks which is why y'all have been meddling into the affairs of Afghanis. In fact the common Afghan man loathes you guys, do you know? If it was not an issue why the hell you were trying to pressure Talibans to recognize it?

From 8/26/2013 Brookings Institution paper: Pakistan, Taliban and the Afghan Quagmire | Brookings Institution

> But there are some limits to Pakistani control of the Afghan Taliban. Even when Mullah Omar was in power in Afghanistan in the late 1990s, he refused to recognize the legitimacy of the Afghan-Pakistani border demarcated by the British in the 1890s, the so called Durand line

As they
Bravado means "confident or brave talk or behavior that is intended to impress other people." Pakistanis are quite experts at that. Braggadocio is another word I would use.

Examples are aplenty. You won all wars with India (even 1971) RIGHT until the moment you folks lost. Which tells me that you lack the trait of being honest even to yourselves. I can say on authority that Durand Line issue is a much bigger worry for you folks which is why y'all have been meddling into the affairs of Afghanis. In fact the common man loathes you guys, do you know? If it was not an issue why the hell you were trying to pressure Talibans to recognize it?

From 8/26/2013 Brookings Institution paper:
> But there are some limits to Pakistani control of the Afghan Taliban. Even when Mullah Omar was in power in Afghanistan in the late 1990s, he refused to recognize the legitimacy of the Afghan-Pakistani border demarcated by the British in the 1890s, the so called Durand line
They are right they shouldn't recognise Durrand Line, as we don't accept it, our border stretches to Amu Darya.

Karzai is from the same tribe as Shujaa was, born weak and pathetic puppets, Shuja met his end by the ghilzais and so will Karzai.

It's our land it's the land of Ghilzais and it always will be, sooner the dumb farsiwan Pukhtoons understand it the better.

I like to see an afghan who will say to my face he don't recognise the durrand line.

Scared of the issue, come kpk fata and ask anyone and they will tell you we are Pakistanis, we killed Afghans like pigs when they tried their bull.

My friend just don't poke your brown nose in something you don't understand.

As they say the converts are more Arabs than the Arabs themselves. Even SA has more diversity than you folks (Why Are Saudis Tearing Up the Quran? | Vocativ . Looks like in your quest to cling to the Islamic part of your heritage you conveniently forget you were HINDUS before your coward ancestors converted under the sword.

[on a separate note I am quite sure I am heading towards another ban from this forum -:) ]

Last edited:

Examples are aplenty. You won all wars with India (even 1971) RIGHT until the moment you folks lost. Which tells me that you lack the trait of being honest even to yourselves. I can say on authority that Durand Line issue is a much bigger worry for you folks which is why y'all have been meddling into the affairs of Afghanis. In fact the common Afghan man loathes you guys, do you know? If it was not an issue why the hell you were trying to pressure Talibans to recognize it?

From 8/26/2013 Brookings Institution paper: Pakistan, Taliban and the Afghan Quagmire | Brookings Institution

Durand line is no issue for us. We are forced to meddle into the internal affairs of Afghanistan after years of irresponsible behavior of Kabul government and due to meddling in our internal affairs by them. We were left by no choice. We supported Taliban in 90's decades after Kabul support for different kinds of dissidents in 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's. Those imbeciles even invaded our territory with their military. in 60's. So to teach them a lesson and to get a friendlier neighbor on our western front we supported Taliban. Just like India supported the war lords and criminals of Northern Alliance. And yes we asked the Afghan Taliban to accept the durand line. Just to end this non issue forever.

Durand line is only an issue for some charsi Afghans or their Indian brothers because

1 The whole world considers Durand line as an international border
2 Pakistani pushtoons are happy with Pakistan. We have a huge Pushtoon population. Largest in the world.
3 Afghans don't have the military power to take even an inch of our territory.

So for above mentioned reasons durand line is a non issue for us. If afghans think it is an issue, then they are welcomed to take it to UN.

its india who is buruning from this , afghan government is just acting like indian mouth piece

Durand line is no issue for us. We are forced to meddle into the internal affairs of Afghanistan after years of irresponsible behavior of Kabul government and due to meddling in our internal affairs by them. We were left by no choice. We supported Taliban in 90's decades after Kabul support for different kinds of dissidents in 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's. Those imbeciles even invaded our territory with their military. in 60's. So to teach them a lesson and to get a friendlier neighbor on our western front we supported Taliban. Just like India supported the war lords and criminals of Northern Alliance. And yes we asked the Afghan Taliban to accept the durand line. Just to end this non issue forever.

Durand line is only an issue for some charsi Afghans or their Indian brothers because

1 The whole world considers Durand line as an international border
2 Pakistani pushtoons are happy with Pakistan. We have a huge Pushtoon population. Largest in the world.
3 Afghans don't have the military power to take even an inch of our territory.

So for above mentioned reasons durand line is a non issue for us. If afghans think it is an issue, then they are welcomed to take it to UN.

Google what "Whistling in the dark means" and thats what applies to Pakistan. If you are unable or unwilling to here it is "Whistling in the dark". What does this phrase mean to you?

Typical Afghans man, whining about every single thing in their lives
%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B3%D0%B5%D0%BD-yoba-%D0%B1%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%82%D1%85%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%82-Butthurt-564611.gif

Pal, don't try to fool the world. Internally Pak is SO afraid of this issue that it wants Afghans to first recognize Durand line issue. 3.4 Geo-politics of a Settlement | Durand Line

> Pakistan is afraid of the challenge Afghanistan could bring to the Durand Line question, if it acquires the strength to do so in the future.

This kind of verbal braggadocio fools nobody!
Stop repeating BS my bharati friend. Even your india recognizes durand line.

Pakistan Army is a 21st century military machine capable of deploying such sophisticated weapons.

Afghan Army? seriously? They don't even know BASICS of war and how to deploy/maintain weapons of 21st century. In a documentary called "This is what the winning looks like", a U.S commander on ground embedded with Afghan military tells that Afghan Army don't even know the 18th century "common sense" tactics of organized war and maintenance of weapons. They had no idea of chain of command, duty, supply-lines, tactics and what not.

Why will U.S give MRAPs to Afghans, then?

@Afghan-India What do you have to say about this brother?

1. PA is not a 21st century army, its based on quantity and not quality.
2. You need to get your info updated on ANSF, we have far much advanced vehicles under our command.
3. The documentary is years old.
4. it was a hoax, US is going to give nothing to Pakistan. - US Denies Delivering Military Equipment To Pakistan - Ariana News

That about says it all.....As the old saying goes tell the last person to turn off the light when they leave.

I'm not surprised the US has no faith whatsoever in the Afghan army.

Would you?

Stop fooling your self, by these old videos.

Wanna know how ANSF looks like today? - ANSF | Afghan National Security Forces | Page 19

Back
Top Bottom