What's new

Afghanistan doesn't recognise Durand line as the International Border with Pak: Afghan Ambassador

There is a very simple solution to make Afghans recognise Durand line, Pakistan should cross the border and occupy 100 more kilometers into Afghan territory and then they would recognise Durand line, if they still don't then would still keep crying and we would gain additional territory. Repeat that every year and soon they will accept Durand line.

British signed a treaty with the Tibetans. Tibet was independent and annexed 30 years after. The Chinese have to honor this treaty.

The afghan kings signed the treaty with the British, not the present govt.

The two situations are similar if not identical. In both cases, the current govt is rejecting treaties signed by the previous independent monarchies with the British.

Both situations are not similar.

Chinese say they never signed any agreement with British. That is a fact.

Afghans say they signed but under compulsion or with a 100 years clause. Both are lies.

So Chinese case is far stronger than Afghans who don't have a case in the first place. Both can't be compared.

Afghanistan is a weak nation that will disintegrate. I pray to Allah swt that their nation stays together and protected. Ameen
and that they get over their jealous arrogance towards Pakistan as well!

Afghans say they signed but under compulsion or with a 100 years clause. Both are lies.

So Chinese case is far stronger than Afghans who don't have a case in the first place. Both can't be compared.
and also what is more important is what the people want and the people in KPK want Pakistan! Even if the Afghans did not have a treaty with Britain.

Both are using historic precedent to change current boundaries.

Are you claiming that the tibetans didn't sign the treaty with the British? The Chinese don't have to sign a treaty with the British. The tibetans who ruled those lands during the time did and china annexed Tibet. It is now their responsibility to honor those commitments made by Tibet.
Let me give you an example..
Say you purchase a company with massive debts. Can you now suddenly wipe those debts out because you didn't
take on those debts, it was the company you purchased that did? No!
When you acquire a company, you're taking on their assets as well as debts.
If the tibetans had acquired more land since this treaty was signed, would china reject those lands because they weren't part of the Chinese map from the days of yore?
Think about it!

Whether the Chinese case is stronger than the Afghans cannot be judged by you and I. What you're providing is opinion. Which is not what I'm asking for. I'm drawing a similarity betweeen the two situations.

Both are using historic precedent to change current boundaries.

Are you claiming that the tibetans didn't sign the treaty with the British? The Chinese don't have to sign a treaty with the British. The tibetans who ruled those lands during the time did and china annexed Tibet. It is now their responsibility to honor those commitments made by Tibet.
Let me give you an example..
Say you purchase a company with massive debts. Can you now suddenly wipe those debts out because you didn't
take on those debts, it was the company you purchased that did? No!
When you acquire a company, you're taking on their assets as well as debts.
If the tibetans had acquired more land since this treaty was signed, would china reject those lands because they weren't part of the Chinese map from the days of yore?
Think about it!

Whether the Chinese case is stronger than the Afghans cannot be judged by you and I. What you're providing is opinion. Which is not what I'm asking for. I'm drawing a similarity betweeen the two situations.

There is still no similarity.

Afghans are shamelessly lying and Chinese are not. How hard it is to understand this simple fact?

There is still no similarity.

Afghans are shamelessly lying and Chinese are not. How hard it is to understand this simple fact?

Looks like a similar situation to me.
We can agree to disagree.

One is lying. Other is not.

Similar situation?? Yeah by bharati flawed though process.

Yours is an opinion not fact.
Not my problem that you choose not to see the similarity.

Like i said, we can agree to disagree.

Yours is an opinion not fact.
Not my problem that you choose not to see the similarity.

Like i said, we can agree to disagree.

What I said is a fact.

Chinese never signed any agreement.

Afghans did. Not once but thrice.

There are no opinions here. These are facts.

oh well in the meanwhile Abdullah Abdullah could not fly to Delhi due Taliban attack on Kabul Airport. I wonder why doesn't he fly from Peshawar airport of his country.

What I said is a fact.

Chinese never signed any agreement.

Afghans did. Not once but thrice.

There are no opinions here. These are facts.

Chinese annexed Tibet is a fact. Tibetian monarchy signed a treaty with the British is a fact.

Afghans signed a treaty with British is a fact.

Similarity 1.

Current govt of Afghanistan is rejecting the treaties signed by previous monarch.
Current govt of Tibet post annexation aka CCP is rejecting the treaties signed by the monarch of Tibet.

Similarity 2

China and Afghanistan are using old maps before the concept of nation states came into being to supplant their positions.

Similarity 3

All these are facts.
Whether they are lying, being power hungry, etc etc are opinions.

oh well in the meanwhile Abdullah Abdullah could not fly to Delhi due Taliban attack on Kabul Airport. I wonder why doesn't he fly from Peshawar airport of his country.
Where did you find that? He is in Delhi today and even met PM Modi few hours back.

I consider stupidest of stupid people who lay claim to a land because some 200 years ago it was their. Geographical boundaries are a reality, Afghanistan has suffered more because of it and will continue to suffer more if it doesn't recognize it.

Try making Chinese understand that. They keep on harping in SCS and east of India based on thousand year old maps.

Last edited:
After 10 or 20 years Pakistan should annexed Pukhtoon areas of Afghanistan, We want a strong Pukhtoon visionary leader in Pakistan who need to lead Pakistan and should propagate the concept of annexing Pukhtoon areas. Unfortunately Punabis are afraid of annexing of Pukhtoon areas because they are afraid of loosing the grip in Pakistan bureaucracy due to their short sightedness, because they did the same in the case of Bangladesh and Urdu speakers in quota system. Dont judge me wrong because this is the best way to move forward otherwise a strong Afghanistan and India will divide Pakistan where Punjab and sindh would belong to India and Pukhtoonkhuwah and Balochistan would be part of Afghanistan. What Pakistan want is a strong geographical strategic depth to counter India in Future wars. Afghan Refugees in Pakistan will be a asset one day when they demand Pukhtoon areas of Afghanistan from Afghanistan and wants all Pukhtoon areas to annexed with Pakistan and then offer Tajiks and other minorities either they want to annex their homeland with Pakistan or want to live independently through referendum. It needs to be done otherwise Ghazwa is ready to divide Pakistan as i said above that half portion of Pakistan would be control by India and Afghanistan, we cannot the terminate this day but can derailed it through our current policy but the only sustainable and permanent solution would be to annex the part of Afghanistan into Pakistan and make the country stronger broader and more potent. I have my views based on my logics.

Back
Top Bottom