What's new

Afghanistan bullish on military ties with India

Afghanistan is an independent sovereign country. The Afghans alone will decide their future, not Pakistan. Period!

On the upswing! :enjoy:

Spot on! I smell a conspiracy here. Abdullah Addullah is a friend of India and vested interests want him out of the way. As President, he is most likely to become a thorn in Pakistan's flesh, whose great game plan is to install a pliable puppet regime in Afghanistan with the help of the Taliban (Haqqani/Omar) so that their doctrine of 'Strategic Depth' is taken care of. This is what Pakistan has been fighting for since 2001 and they'll go to any extent to ensure they achieve their objective.

The reason we want Pakistan Nawaz Afghan government

Afghan Intelligence backing miscreants in Balochistan: Lt Gen Nasir Khan

US catches Afghan govt ‘red handed’ in plotting with Pakistani Taliban: Report – The Express Tribune

The reason behind strategic depth is, we don't want to repeat 60's and 70's plus 2004 onward debacle where Afghans first coupled with Russian KGB tried to destabilize balochistan and FATA (Pashtunistan) in 60's and 70's and in 21st century with help of India.

:lol: did India ask your permission for various rebuilding activities we did there ?

AT will blow them up.You are doing terrorist activities behind the so called development of Afghanistan.

AT will blow them up.You are doing terrorist activities behind the so called development of Afghanistan.

:blah: another dumb statement..just like 'India copying Pakistan's metro'..

You got beaten by me once again just l did to you on metro thread.

beaten?With what a truck load of BS ?

Now kindly clarify about 'India copying Pakistan's metro' statement in respective thread please

@illusion8 l Spare us your monstrosity. Did Abdullah Abdullah appear to you through a hologram to tell you that Pakistan wanted him assasinated?

Your ignorance is causing you to push your deluded wishes as facts on the ground without a shred of evidence. If we wanted him dead, 'he will be dead'!

Last edited:
I didnt say anything about your nation....but about the ppl who governed it, they supported terrorism.

You said it earlier. Shame on you. Dont utter a word about our people also.

That's really good. But we cannot unilaterally do everything. Technically, we need Russian and Iranian cooperation. Having a poor military industrial complex that struggles to even arm our own defences means that we need to rely on other partners as well.

Russia and Iran are equally important and are the two countries that share the same concerns as we do.

Same thing with Chinese. Xinjiang isn't exactly going to benefit with an ISI-backed Taliban government in Afghanistan.

For all his see saw, Karzai seems to be a smart guy. He really set the bedrock for Abdullah Abdullah to take it forward smoothly. :D

Hardly likely.

MiG-21s are dead now. They are getting thrown out as soon as Tejas and MMRCA serial production starts. AAF will only be sending pilots to their graves if they want MiG-21. Tejas they won't be able to afford even if we can miraculously increase production to 30 fighters a year in the first year.

For now ANA and AAF should stick to the following types of aerial assets:

1- Russian YAK-130 or Czech L-159. Cheap, Easy to maintain, new and from reliable sources. Unless we can rectify problems in IJT-36 and give it to them in time with good quality.

2- HAL LCH: an ideal gunship for high altitude close air support.
3- Mi-17: the most easily usable transport platform around the world.
4- HAL Dhruv: High altitude tactical transport for special units of ANA and emergency evacuation. Turkey already uses them for SAR and MEDEVAC services.

Consequently, Iran can help Afghanistan arm up as well, considering that they are much more self-reliant in weapons production than us. Their influence also means end of Talibunnism, which suits all of us.

True that. But officially, Chinese don't want to participate militarily in Afghanistan. If they can sell them weapons, nothing like it. Although they will be questioned by Pakistanis considering the festering tensions between Pakistanis and Afghans.

I think we will need help from all these countries to get the weapons. China equally faces the risk of Taliban in its western regions and Japan has future stakes at trading and mining in Afghanistan.

I don't know about our Brazilian and South African partners, but R-I-C format has a direct impact if something goes to the blows in Afghanistan.

And till the apparatus is there in neighbouring Pakistan to keep Afghanistan a boiling pot, we all have to cooperate with them together.

But why do you hate them so much?

Why do you want to destroy a country needlessly? They are in no position to attack you and they don't want to attack you. Then why are you having so much hate for all your neighbours?

They have emerged from a war, there is no basic service in the country. Let them stabilize and live their lives, mate.

Anyway don't you keep crying islamic unity and islamic this and islamic that?

Afghans are muslims right? Then why so much hatred against them?

Turkey: It was used by private hospitals only. They all have replaced it with Bell 429 to meet EU standards.

@illusion8 l Spare us your monstrosity. Did Abdullah Abdullah appear to you through a hologram to tell you that Pakistan wanted him assasinated?

Your ignorance is causing you to push your deluded wishes as facts on the ground without a shred of evidence. If we wanted him dead, 'he will be dead'!

@Aeronaut,

Though I did not mention Pakistan by name, I am surprised that you raise an objection to what I intended to say. We both are mature enough to know that Abdhullah Abdhullah is exactly a thorn in the side of whom and who benefits from his elimination. Let's not be childish about it - because the other side isn't - about it by any degree, they know perfectly well who was behind it and what was the intended target and for what.

Spot on! I smell a conspiracy here. Abdullah Addullah is a friend of India and vested interests want him out of the way. As President, he is most likely to become a thorn in Pakistan's flesh, whose great game plan is to install a pliable puppet regime in Afghanistan with the help of the Taliban (Haqqani/Omar) so that their doctrine of 'Strategic Depth' is taken care of. This is what Pakistan has been fighting for since 2001 and they'll go to any extent to ensure they achieve their objective.

I am surprised that you are still smelling a conspiracy and not being sure of it Big bro.

@illusion8 l If he really was a thorn for us, we could remove him anytime we wanted. You perhaps have zero knowledge about Afghanistan. Pashtun majority is sick of being ignored. Abdullah Abdullah is from Ahmad Shah Mahsud's close circles. There are people who don't want Afghanistan to fall firmly into the hands of Northern Alliance politically since they already control the ANA.

@illusion8 l If he really was a thorn for us, we could remove him anytime we wanted. You perhaps have zero knowledge about Afghanistan. Pashtun majority is sick of being ignored. Abdullah Abdullah is from Ahmad Shah Mahsud's close circles. There are people who don't want Afghanistan to fall firmly into the hands of Northern Alliance politically since they already control the ANA.

Can we agree that ANA and their asset securing capabilities have improved by leaps and bounds or is it too much appreciation to impart for the "enemy". let's not fool each other Bro, Both of us know whats the ground realities, I agree that most of Afghanistan cannot be secured by ANA - but the recent two attempts - the Herat attack and the assassination attempt - were well directed and came up a cropper and will register in the final tally nd will score as a failure or - do we notch it up as just plain so called "taliban" attacks at "unknown" targets, while the intentions were very clear.

@illusion8 l Its amazing how Indians automatically think that ISI attacked XYZ in Afghanistan while ignoring its own domestic dynamics.

Back
Top Bottom