What's new

Afghanistan agrees to join Pakistan in anti-terror ops (US to monitor)

But they don't have to privatize it...they can clean it up and make it profitable again. Look at China's government run institutions...most of them have become giants and churn out a ton of profit. There's pros and cons to privatization of these government agencies but I'm personally not in favor of it.

What bugs me the most is that the same elites who r responsible for doing this to PIA/Railway/etc are the ones that r best suited to profit from the privatization of these institutions. They r gonna use the money they stole to buy their shares of these government agencies after they've made them worthless...it just gets on my nerves.

And then PPP will come to f it all again. But good thing is PPP isn't coming back ever again in Islamabad.

Just remember N league moto is privatisation, they don't put their own people in PIA etc That's what PPP does. N want to privatise as much as possible so political parties can't take advantage of public companies.
Just remember N league moto is privatisation--But privatization to their suppoorters.I can give you so many examples from MCB to Roosevelt Hotel.
They don't put their own people in PIA etc----two brothers of Mushahid ullah or uncles of Maryam Aurangze are working as station managers of PIA.

Kindly name at least ten seriouse people whom we can request to join PTI:-)
Today election is being held in karachi.PTI candidate is well educated person of very good repo.Let us see how many people will vote for him being a seriouse candidate.
ppp candidate is winning there...

The verdict is out on Modi

Pluses
personally clean - it helps to have no family
solid majority in parliament
strong support within BJP/RSS - he does not look over his back wondering whether he will be removed
decisive in action - good or bad he showed how resolute he is with demonetizaton

Minuses
too much international travel - shouldn't foreign minister be doing the travelling ?
lack of comprehensive approach to problems

Politics is about choices. I doubt we will get a better politician than Modi in the short run
The Congress party is in complete disarray.

The real action is at Chief Minister level. To be polite we have room for improvement.

Minuses that I think are hurting India:
1. Too much religious polarization. That is not helping Indias case who was considered a purely multicultural country.
2. Wrong foreign policy: china border, Afghanistan, Iran are some examples whereas siding with US and downplaying Russia (who has been their greatest ally)
3. Numbers do not support what Modi is claiming, ruppe has depreciated, exports have grown as much as imports, GDP growth rate has been negative.

Pros:
1. Demonetization - though it should have but that the last step when trying to control black money circulation. The preconditions have not been completed. But this should definitely address part of the issue i.e. Will be less effective
2. GST - I do believe that it's a great move however it gives powers back to states where there is more spending rather than the ones producing but spenders will collect GST

Back
Top Bottom