What's new

Afghan with brain tumour gets new lease of life at BGH

Yeti

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
BOKARO: "Allah bless India, Allah bless the doctors and staff here," these were the words of Zarosha Khan (55), a resident of Afghanistan, who got a new life in Bokaro General Hospital (BGH) here.

Khan, a patient of brain tumor, underwent a surgery here and is now recovering in BGH.

A grocery shop-owner, who hails from Pakhtaya province of Afghanistan, came to India looking for medical aid as in Afghanistan and Pakistan the doctors could not identify the disease he was suffering from. Reeling in pain and gradually losing his eye-sight for almost a year, he landed in India around a month ago and visited several hospitals in Mumbai, where his disease was finally diagnosed as brain tumour.

However, after he came to know about the medical expenses required for his treatment in Mumbai, he dropped the idea of undergoing a surgery there. He was planning to return to Afghanistan, when someone suggested him to go to the Bokaro General Hospital, about which he had read in the Internet edition of TOI.
Khan arrived with his eldest son Noor Khan at Bokaro and consulted BGH director A K Singh, who referred him to neurosurgeon Dr Anand Kumar.

"The doctors here are very kind. They assured me of the best possible help and treatment at a very low cost. This gave me confidence," said Khan.

He was immediately asked to get hospitalized by Dr Kumar, as his condition was fast deteriorating. "I was afraid of the expenses after doctors in Mumbai asked me to pay around Rs 1.5 lakh for the surgery. But here I was told that the

expenses will be around Rs 50,000 and I was immediately admitted," said Khan.

Talking to TOI, Singh said the surgery was performed by a team of doctors comprising neurosurgeon Anand Kumar, Dr Awadh, Dr Nidhi, Dr Sujit Parera and other staff. Khan was suffering from pituitary adenoma, a kind of brain tumor. It took three hours for the doctors to perform the surgery successfully.

Khan will be discharged from the hospital within three-four days as he is recovering fast.

Noor said though his father doesn't know Hindi or English, doctors did not have any difficulty communicating with him.

"It is by the grace of Allah that we reached this hospital. People here are very nice. Bokaro and India is far better than Afghanistan. The Talibans have ruined our country. I visited India after one of my friends Ghulam told him about the doctors here," said Noor.

Afghan with brain tumour gets new lease of life at BGH - Times Of India

I hope we can help more Afghani people but it is better to train their local dr's so they can get this help in their own country :tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom