What's new

Afghan War Supplies May Come Via Iran

Another Post to be answered?ok it seems i will be late for the appointment.
No Sir,it is not a russian propaganda.
The General Petraeus told this new for the first time.and this is a fresh news.not old.the date of the news is 20.01.2009
i can give a few more links.but let me translate them when i come back.
i go now:)
best regards
Kansu

Its against Iran law (With Approval from Majlis). to let any foreign troops sation in Iran or even use any of the Iranian resources.

But if Pakistan has any problem with rebels, Iran will be more than happy to help! specially against that guy Rigi! (Who doesnt know what he want!).

Brigadier-General Ahmad Reza Radan, recently offered to the government of Pakistan that Iran can help to quelling the revolts in Balochistan of Pakistan. thats also in the benefits of "Friendship pipleline" and our both countries national security.

Rooting out the rebels and terrorists and securing the region will change the foreign investors minds to show interest in investments of our both countries, Iran and Pakistan.

Regards

Destructlord; sir
thanks for the reply, i guss its about time that iran & pakistan should extend thier relationship, i guss it would be very fruitfull for both of us!
as for the issue, i guss IRAN can go for the deal with some limitations in place, it can bring more good , if USA would try , iranian link, it can bring IRAN back into world stage, it can make USA to put preasure on ISRAEIL?;):tup:

Its against Iran law (With Approval from Majlis). to let any foreign troops sation in Iran or even use any of the Iranian resources.

But if Pakistan has any problem with rebels, Iran will be more than happy to help! specially against that guy Rigi! (Who doesnt know what he want!).

Brigadier-General Ahmad Reza Radan, recently offered to the government of Pakistan that Iran can help to quelling the revolts in Balochistan of Pakistan. thats also in the benefits of "Friendship pipleline" and our both countries national security.

Rooting out the rebels and terrorists and securing the region will change the foreign investors minds to show interest in investments of our both countries, Iran and Pakistan.

Regards

All this geo-political shifting will be very interesting to follow as it unfolds. If we have regimes in both the US and Iran that are willing to find common ground, that does open the way for more cooperation, including supplying Afghanistan through Iran, and possibly end alleged US support for Jundullah in Iran, as alleged by Seymour Hersch.

Ending support for Jundullah would possibly have an impact in Pakistan on the Baluch militant groups, if they are taking advantage of the advantage of the US 'laxity' in going after Baluch/Sistan militants.

All hypothetical of course, but possibilities to consider perhaps?

The General Petraeus told this new for the first time.and this is a fresh news.not old.the date of the news is 20.01.2009
best regards
Kansu
Kansu; DEAR SIR,
MY post was taken from "MILITRY.COM" which is a recorded,& wellknown US MILITRY FOURM! it had appreared on militry.com , i guss it far better the link you had provided!:azn:
never mind i will wait for you , to post a new & more independent link!
thanks, plz read it again.:)
Afghan War Supplies May Come Via Iran
MILITRY.COM
February 03, 2009
Associated Press

KABUL - NATO would not oppose individual member nations making deals with Iran to supply their forces in Afghanistan as an alternative to using increasingly risky routes from Pakistan, the alliance's top military commander said Monday.

Gen. John Craddock's comments came just days after NATO's secretary general, Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, urged the U.S. and other members of the Western military alliance to engage with Iran to combat Taliban militants in Afghanistan.

"Those would be national decisions. Nations should act in a manner that is consistent with their national interest and with their ability to resupply their forces," Craddock, an American who is NATO's supreme allied commander, told The Associated Press. "I think it is purely up to them."

Securing alternative routes to landlocked Afghanistan has taken on added urgency this year as the United States prepares to double its troop numbers there to 60,000 to battle a resurgent Taliban eight years after the U.S.-led invasion.

It also comes at a time when the main supply corridor through neighboring Pakistan is becoming increasingly dangerous as insurgents attack convoys that supply the foreign troops in Afghanistan.

Some political and military leaders have hinted at the need for closer cooperation with the government in Iran over the war in Afghanistan, where some 70,000 NATO and U.S. troops are currently trying to beat back the resurgent Taliban.

The United States has viewed Iran's role in Afghanistan with suspicion, although the Islamic Republic has a long history of opposing Taliban rule.

U.S. officials have previously alleged that Iranian-made weapons and explosive devices were finding their way in the hands of insurgents in Afghanistan. But such criticism has been muted recently as President Barack Obama's administration tries to set a new tone in relations with Iran.

Some experts suggest that nations with good relations with Iran such as France, Germany and Italy may try to set up an alternate supply route to western Afghanistan via Char Bahar, a port in southeastern Iran.

"NATO is looking at flexible, alternate routing. I think that is healthy," Craddock said, when asked about the possibility of using Iranian territory for supply.

"Options are a good thing, choices are a good thing, flexibility in military operations is essential," he said. "What nations will do is up to them," he said, without elaborating.

Craddock's comments came after U.S. Central Command chief Gen. David Petraeus said last month that America had struck deals with Russia and several Central Asian states close to or bordering Afghanistan to allow supplies to pass through their territory.

U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan get up to 75 percent of "non-lethal" supplies such as food, fuel and building materials from shipments that cross Pakistan.

best regards
Kansu

same news on different but more confirmed sources! but , i guss they are trying both iran & russia my friend.:enjoy:

yahoonews.com
NATO says members may use Iran for Afghan supplies
Associated Press Writer Slobodan Lekic, Mon Feb 2, 1:26 pm ET AP

UN chief makes surprise visit to Afghanistan AFP KABUL – NATO would not oppose individual member nations making deals with Iran to supply their forces in Afghanistan as an alternative to using increasingly risky routes from Pakistan, the alliance's top military commander said Monday.;)

Gen. John Craddock's comments came just days after NATO's secretary general, Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, urged the U.S. and other members of the Western military alliance to engage with Iran to combat Taliban militants in Afghanistan.

"Those would be national decisions. Nations should act in a manner that is consistent with their national interest and with their ability to resupply their forces," Craddock, an American who is NATO's supreme allied commander, told The Associated Press. "I think it is purely up to them.";)

Securing alternative routes to landlocked Afghanistan has taken on added urgency this year as the United States prepares to double its troop numbers there to 60,000 to battle a resurgent Taliban eight years after the U.S.-led invasion.

It also comes at a time when the main supply corridor through neighboring Pakistan is becoming increasingly dangerous as insurgents attack convoys that supply the foreign troops in Afghanistan.

Some political and military leaders have hinted at the need for closer cooperation with the government in Iran over the war in Afghanistan, where some 70,000 NATO and U.S. troops are currently trying to beat back the resurgent Taliban.

The United States has viewed Iran's role in Afghanistan with suspicion, although the Islamic Republic has a long history of opposing Taliban rule.

U.S. officials have previously alleged that Iranian-made weapons and explosive devices were finding their way in the hands of insurgents in Afghanistan. But such criticism has been muted recently as President Barack Obama's administration tries to set a new tone in relations with Iran.
;)

Some experts suggest that nations with good relations with Iran such as France, Germany and Italy may try to set up an alternate supply route to western Afghanistan via Char Bahar, a port in southeastern Iran.

"NATO is looking at flexible, alternate routing. I think that is healthy," Craddock said, when asked about the possibility of using Iranian territory for supply.
"Options are a good thing, choices are a good thing, flexibility in military operations is essential," he said. "What nations will do is up to them," he said, without elaborating.
Craddock's comments came after U.S. Central Command chief Gen. David Petraeus said last month that America had struck deals with Russia and several Central Asian states close to or bordering Afghanistan to allow supplies to pass through their territory.:agree::tup:

U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan get up to 75 percent of "non-lethal" supplies such as food, fuel and building materials from shipments that cross Pakistan.

CBSNews.com:
Feb. 2, 2009
NATO: Members May Use Iran For Afghan Supplies
NATO Chief: Member Nations May Use Iranian Territory To Supply Their Troops In Afghanistan.

I thank everyone in advance. and respect all the advised solutions by my friends.

My Turk brother, Im not offended but im sure you could wait for 3 more months?
Im totally aware that our Turks brethren are mostly pro-west and i can clearly see the effects of west media on them, such as considering Iran a threat, knowning its defensive capabilities a "dirty propaganda" and many other things. Unfortunately every time Iran making an achievements which even confirms by foreign officials, some people like to know that as a propaganda too! Its fine with us, But you cant deny the truth forever.

We're expecting more from our brothers in Turkey after our close relations which had result in quelling down (Which is cooling down). the terrorists of Iraqi Kurdistan. Iran helped with artillery, mortar, missiles and even used several air-raids on PJAK and PPK.

Regards

Last edited:
BTW sorry about the double post! :S

P.S: LOL France and Italy and Germany has good relations with Iran?!

France: Because of its "Clever!" president, We wont negotiate with this nation, specially after their lame accusations against Iran.
German: Same goes for this one, and because lack of attitude of its leaders.
Italy: You gotta be kidding me! Yeah sure we negotiate with them specially after one of its leader were babbling about "Three Iranian Islands of Persian Gulf"

Even if we had very close tie with the above nations we wouldnt let them use our land! Its written in the country law.

Regards

iran will be the best possible alternate. this will be gud for iran as well. she can exploit this and carry on with her neuclear programe. same to wat pak did during 1980's. by the time war was over, we had our war heads.

Why can't you think of negotiating some thing for Pakistan. while we are offering same services without any diplomatic husstle?

Now is the time for Pakistan to push with its defence deals with US.

Here is the link :)
i m a little busy now mate.i will translate it a little later.

Haberrus Rusyadan haberler - Rusya

this is a russian source.i picked it to prove it :)Persians are making dirty propaganda...

Hey Kansu, no way Russia can help US.
whole 9/11 drama was to create a morale ground for invasion of Afghanistan which is a center place in the region.
If US had no morale backing of western nations before embarking on Afghan mission, it would have faced similar terms in Afghanland as was faced by Russia.
Now you know what barred Russia from interfering in present day Afghan war!

And I thought Iran was part of the axis of "evil"..?

Well, only when it suits them. Iran is very smart and isn't going to fall into this trap like Pakistan did. Pakistan is used, abused and thrown away like a tissue. Basically the usual stuff... Instead of taking a firm stance, Pakistani leadership has always had the tendency of taking the wrong sides.

Last edited:
Rafsanjani urges U.S.-NATO co-op with Iran and Pakistan

Tehran Times Political Desk

TEHRAN – If the U.S. and NATO intend to adopt a “correct policy” in the region, they should understand that cooperation with Iran and Pakistan is the main “pivot” for resolving regional issues, Expediency Council Chairman Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani suggested.

Rafsanjani made the remarks on Tuesday in a meeting with Pakistan’s new ambassador to Tehran, M.B. Abbasi.

The statement by Rafsanjani comes as NATO and U.S. troops in Afghanistan plan to intensify their combat operations against Telaban as violence has surged in the country. The Obama administration has even pledged to move some of U.S. troops from Iraq to Afghanistan.

Rafsanjani said Tehran and Islamabad can help improve the regional security situation by expanding their political and economic relations, adding that countering extremist forces is a common goal of the two countries.

“The foreign forces present in the region can not contain the terrorists and extremists without the cooperation of Iran and Pakistan,” he noted.

The EC chairman also said “energy transactions” will provide the greatest avenue for Iran-Pakistan economic cooperation.

In the meeting, the Pakistani ambassador invited Rafsanjani to visit his country.

Taliban is also Pakistan's enemy. CIA created this monster to wage a war against the former USSR. We always have to bear that in mind. Iran, China, Russia and Pakistan need to cooperate closely as all have mutual regional interests. Those mutual interests are defeating the Taliban (which is a US creation) and isolating malign US interests. Both are equally important. The US is now realizing the harsh reality. Afghanistan isn't a walk in the park. All the key players are mounting pressure. The supply route is just one pawn in the chess game. The US is going to bleed much more in the longer run...

Talaban played important role in defeat of Russians .They also defeated brithisher in eighteen century .

They are fighting with occupied forces which is their fundamental right .

US can not defeat them even with double strength.

Afghanistan war is gurilla war which need different strategy in which ISAF failed completely.

i am , terriably sad, that this is the 2nd thread , which was being started by me, & then suddnely it was seen with some else's name!
but as our , target is same , so its nevermind!
CHILLOUT?;):D:azn:

Back
Top Bottom