What's new

Afghan Taliban deny reports of joining hands with TTP

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
977574-TalibanAFP-1445514379-508-640x480.jpg

Dismissing the reports as false, Afghan Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid termed the TTP email as fake. PHOTO: AFP

ISLAMABAD: Afghan Taliban on Thursday rejected reports claiming they had joined hands with the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) to carry out joint operations.

The clarification came after the TTP sent a supposed email to media, suggesting both the groups had decided to “launch joint operations for the supremacy of Islam and the interest of the Muslims.”

Psychological blow: Afghan Taliban stun Kabul, seize key city

“The leadership of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan and the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan have agreed to carry out joint activities under one flag,” the statement added, further claiming the joint military drills of the two groups were underway.

The email, however, was not sent from the militant outfit’s regular email address.

TTP Spokesperson Mohammad Khorasani also did not respond to queries.

Afghan Taliban fleeing Pakistan after govt warning, says senior official

Meanwhile, Afghan Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid termed the email as fake.

“We have not struck a deal with any group,” Mujahid told The Express Tribune. “We have no plans to join any group, and all such reports are just rumours.”

Afghan Taliban deny reports of joining hands with TTP - The Express Tribune
@The Deterrent @A-Team @Horus

977574-TalibanAFP-1445514379-508-640x480.jpg

Dismissing the reports as false, Afghan Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid termed the TTP email as fake. PHOTO: AFP

ISLAMABAD: Afghan Taliban on Thursday rejected reports claiming they had joined hands with the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) to carry out joint operations.

The clarification came after the TTP sent a supposed email to media, suggesting both the groups had decided to “launch joint operations for the supremacy of Islam and the interest of the Muslims.”

Psychological blow: Afghan Taliban stun Kabul, seize key city

“The leadership of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan and the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan have agreed to carry out joint activities under one flag,” the statement added, further claiming the joint military drills of the two groups were underway.

The email, however, was not sent from the militant outfit’s regular email address.

TTP Spokesperson Mohammad Khorasani also did not respond to queries.

Afghan Taliban fleeing Pakistan after govt warning, says senior official

Meanwhile, Afghan Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid termed the email as fake.

“We have not struck a deal with any group,” Mujahid told The Express Tribune. “We have no plans to join any group, and all such reports are just rumours.”

Afghan Taliban deny reports of joining hands with TTP - The Express Tribune
@The Deterrent @A-Team @Horus
What the hell is a tali spokesman doing in Pakistan?

Have you noticed how our good friend @Zarvan is trying his best to make a distinction between the Afghan Taliban and the TTP, but he forgets that Cobra and Viper are both snakes and the only business they know is bite people.

Now Brother A-Team attacking the messenger will hardly resolve your frustrations:) In another thread you boldly stated the conjecture that the Afghan Taliban and The Pakistani Taliban were working together, however this allegation is false since most of the foot solders come from the Haqqani network. While the analogy of cobras and vipers sounds interesting, your attention should be focused on Helmand which is on the verge of collapse:) 23 solders were killed last night and plenty of pictures can be seen on the net, where they were ambushed in Boldak close to Kandahar. The district Governor of Jaghato in Ghazni Province was killed today. Ghormach district fallen to the Taliban, proof is the picture below. The mighty ANSF is doing a splendid job:)

CR5wlebWwAAvxdu.jpg

Now Brother A-Team attacking the messenger will hardly resolve your frustrations:) In another thread you boldly stated the conjecture that the Afghan Taliban and The Pakistani Taliban were working together, however this allegation is false since most of the foot solders come from the Haqqani network. While the analogy of cobras and vipers sounds interesting, your attention should be focused on Helmand which is on the verge of collapse:) 23 solders were killed last night and plenty of pictures can be seen on the net, where they were ambushed in Boldak close to Kandahar. The district Governor of Jaghato in Ghazni Province was killed today. Ghormach district fallen to the Taliban, proof is the picture below. The mighty ANSF is doing a splendid job:)

CR5wlebWwAAvxdu.jpg

My good old friend, did you know the person who was responsible for the Ghomarch episode was sent to hell yesterday.

We have been fighting these monster for the last 14 years, Helmand wont fall, they have tried it for years now and all they can show for it as more dead on the battlefield.

PS : Why do I feel that you are trolling me, and I am taking your bet for commenting back on these talis aka insects :P

Its no secret that the Afghan Taliban have been broadly indifferent to TTPs activities in Pakistan. TTP roam freely in Kunar and Nuristan, provinces where Afghan Taliban have alot of influence.

The Haqqanis also had a pact of non-aggression with TTP in Miranshah. Although they arent really collaborating or coordinating attacks together, they still peaceful coexist with each other. As a matter of fact, Gul Bahadur group was even involved in settling TTPs leadership crisis.

Basically, the Paktia taliban ( haqqanis , gulbahadur ) have links with TTP , many of the mehsuds fight with them. You might remember them condemning TTPs attacks, like the one in APS , but you will never see them expel TTP from their lands.

Ever since, TTP has been weakened. Many of the ex-TTP leaders have started joining IS. Islamic movement of Uzbekistan is one example. It left TTP last year. Jundullah has also left TTP. This makes Afghan Taliban nervous, so logically speaking , it wont be far-fetched if we see a unified approach between these two groups on these matters

Last edited:
Its no secret that the Afghan Taliban have been broadly indifferent to TTPs activities in Pakistan. TTP roam freely in Kunar and Nuristan, provinces where Afghan Taliban have alot of influence.

The Haqqanis also had a pact of non-aggression with TTP in Miranshah. Although they arent really collaborating or coordinating attacks together, they still peaceful coexist with each other. As a matter of fact, Gul Bahadur group was even involved in settling TTPs leadership crisis.

Basically, the Paktia taliban ( haqqanis , gulbahadur ) have links with TTP , many of the mehsuds fight with them. You might remember them condemning TTPs attacks, like the one in APS , but you will never see them expel TTP from their lands.

Ever since, TTP has been weakened. Many of the ex-TTP leaders have started joining IS. Islamic movement of Uzbekistan is one example. It left TTP last year. Jundullah has also left TTP. This makes Afghan Taliban nervous, so logically speaking , it wont be far-fetched if we see a unified approach between these two groups on these matters

Precisly my point, there is no difference between these, they dont make a distinction, they actually help eachother. Thefore Pakistan and Afghanistan must join hands and destroy this menace without making a distinction. All outstanding issues between Afghanistan and Pakistan must be discussed on state-state level. As a matter of fact Pakistan can actually negotiate on all outstanding issues with Afghanistan when it has a strong government and strong state beause that way it can sell it well to the Afghan nation, therefore I have always said that a strong NUG in Afghanistan is in direct interest of Pakistan rather these monkeys.

My good old friend, did you know the person who was responsible for the Ghomarch episode was sent to hell yesterday.

These simpleton fools are cannon fodder and like Gabbar Singh said in Sholay: "Men who become scared must be considered dead":) The Taliban will replace the dead with fresh new graduates and the cycle will continue, until the establishment of Kabul changes its attitude. Must be a proud moment for the ANSF since they took a severe beating last night in Boldak district near Kandahar.

We have been fighting these monster for the last 14 years, Helmand wont fall, they have tried it for years now and all they can show for it as more dead on the battlefield.

The puppet regime in Kabul has been fighting these monsters for last 14 years, however progress has faltered and the situation has reversed. Helmand will fall eventually, although the Taliban are not interested to hold the city. There action is focused on symbolism and to demoralize the support for the government, rather than occupying land. You are sensible Brother A-Team, so would it not be prudent for you to admit the grim realities of Afghanistan:)

PS : Why do I feel that you are trolling me, and I am taking your bet for commenting back on these talis aka insects :P

I would never dream to pursue an activity in attempting to troll you Brother A-Team:) As your special Brother its my duty and obligation to provide sound advice for your general well-being:) However, I have to compliment your character because as an Afghan citizen living under the puppet regime of Kabul, the views held by you are mild in nature towards Pakistan, which is extremely rare to witness online from an Afghan.

Have you noticed how our good friend @Zarvan is trying his best to make a distinction between the Afghan Taliban and the TTP, but he forgets that Cobra and Viper are both snakes and the only business they know is bite people.
I thought India is anaconda who is engulfing and disturbing the whole region..

This is the stance of Afghan Taliban from day one. They neither support nor oppose TTP's cause. They neither sided with TTP nor with Pakistan army, while both wanted them on their side. Though they have benefited from both TTP and ISI.

Last edited:

So Is NDS, which is not only biting Pakistan but Afghanistan itself since a decade

Back
Top Bottom