What's new

Afghan refugee women in Pakistan: the invisible causalities of the war...

How are Afghan Pathans treated in Peshawar? Also how are their job prospects in Peshawar?

Here is how things are going. In KPK afghans treat local Pakistanis bad terrible and things have come down so badly rich afghans even pay zakat/charity and anything to beggers who are only afghans such is the hatred. They have businesses in Pakistan without Federal or Provincial Government asking them how they got licenses i would suppose our goverment is extremely corrupt for the past 25 Years. Businesses including Trucking, House Building, Property dealing, Home paint shops and other equipment, carpentry, farming, petrol/cng stations, gift shops, restaurants/fast foods, wedding halls and many more categories, drug selling is family business someone agrees with me or not. I have reported certain people and must be enjoying their time behind bars;). Those who are not working their families are sending huge remittance to them from Germany, Turkey, Canada, Australia, USA, UK, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands and lives like ultra rich.

PS. They keep their money in homes not banks for what good is their businesses to Pakistan when money is not regulating/being injected in our economy apart for groceries and dashing cars and luxury houses they buy. Believe me or ask those who know KPK well in 5 bedroom houses 5-7 families are living yet every family is rich.

How many Afghans are living in Peshawar? How are they treated by Pakistani Pathans?

How many Afghans are living in Peshawar? How are they treated by Pakistani Pathans?

You keep asking you should visit KPK you'll find it out, locals fear afghanis and try to avoid them but because businesses are in their control as well locals have to buy things from them. Government figure is 1.5m to 3m but other sources including UN says 4-5m in KPK.

You keep asking you should visit KPK you'll find it out, locals fear afghanis and try to avoid them but because businesses are in their control as well locals have to buy things from them. Government figure is 1.5m to 3m but other sources including UN says 4-5m in KPK.

Seriously?? Do you have any idea what you talking about...Where do you life in KPK...There are hardly any skirmishes between afghans and locals...Or it has been so long afghans living here that nobody cares..

Inbetween 3 to 4 m...Afghans are treated a bit harshly by law enforcers but no problem with the locals...The concept of pakhtun roarwaley (Pushto brotherhood) is still there..

the writer says 'pakistan government must pay attention'

why the fcuk pakistan 'must' pay attention to their needs, what pakistan must do to kick all their arses back to afghanistan so that america takes care of the mess they created and pakistan 'must not'

Inbetween 3 to 4 m...Afghans are treated a bit harshly by law enforcers but no problem with the locals...The concept of pakhtun roarwaley (Pushto brotherhood) is still there..
Good luck with your brotherhood once you get kicked out of your own land.

I asked twice because question wasn't answered the first time, you talked about Afghans owning and starting businesses and mistreating the local Pathans but didn't answer as to how local Pakistani Pathans treated Afghans.

I thought total Afghan refugee population in Pakistan was ~3 million with Peshawar and Karachi being the two hubs. I suppose their population has grown a lot over the years.

As for local Pakistani Pathans fearing Afghans, I don't think that is the reality. Peshawar is still in Pakistani-Pathan influences I know that much.

Seriously?? Do you have any idea what you talking about...Where do you life in KPK...There are hardly any skirmishes between afghans and locals...Or it has been so long afghans living here that nobody cares..

The concept of pakhtun roarwaley (Pushto brotherhood) is still there.

Bro what about Pakistani brotherhood concept?

Good luck with your brotherhood once you get kicked out of your own land.

Slow down...Read my post again...I am not talking about my thoughts...just explaining to my dear member about general perception...But can you please elaborate the bold part...How?

In an Ideal world Afghanistan would be stable enough and we could simply send everyone back. But that is not the case and like it or not, they are still our brothers. So my plan would allow the good ones, who have contributed to our economy and are not criminals can stay.
And of course if any of them get recruited, then the whole family should be sent back.

The AFGHANS are NOT our brothers.

Each & every one of them wants to destroy Pakistan. Heck, they are even worse than Indians.

Good ones, or bad ones, all of them need to be deported back to where they came from. Pakistan has already suffered so much thanks to these guys.

Wonder why its always the PTI supporting guys always sucking up to the Afghans?

Pakistanis cant keep breastfeeding them either...

Better deport them back to Afghanistan as they are where Al-Qaeda and Taliban & TTP gets their recruits and attacks Pakistan...
Best to deport or pick the terrorists off one by one

Do you recommend this for all ungrateful refugees anywhere or is it just for the Afghans?

I asked twice because question wasn't answered the first time, you talked about Afghans owning and starting businesses and mistreating the local Pathans but didn't answer as to how local Pakistani Pathans treated Afghans.

I thought total Afghan refugee population in Pakistan was ~3 million with Peshawar and Karachi being the two hubs. I suppose their population has grown a lot over the years.

As for local Pakistani Pathans fearing Afghans, I don't think that is the reality. Peshawar is still in Pakistani-Pathan influences I know that much.

Bro what about Pakistani brotherhood concept?

Nothing happened to it...Its there and will remain there...Even Many of afghan pakhtun living here are now calling them selves Pakistani...Its the reality..

Nothing happened to it...Its there and will remain there...Even Many of afghan pakhtun living here are now calling them selves Pakistani...Its the reality..

You are right the brotherhood is growing...

There are Areas like Rahatabad where the afghan community concentration is high my relatives lived there for 15 years and left it because it became really bad known place. Even the posh Hayatabad is now worst place even PDA would not take interest in it because more than 50% population is afghan. Just take a drive to Hayatabad and see the afghan beggers and observe afghan vehicles they will insult Pakistani beggers and pay afghan beggers [professional there is funny story behind my mom knows it all families who are well off but it has become their jobs in evening they go to parks and enjoy] just ask local they know it. Over all the image is not good and not getting any better when your jobs and your business are taken away this is matter of concern. Afghans many have become so rich and powerful that many locals fear them because they are with weapons all the time again ask locals you'll know.

Do you recommend this for all ungrateful refugees anywhere or is it just for the Afghans?

In context to Pakistan well it is partially true and steps should be taken the folks are highly unreliable. Pakistan is a poor country it can't take the burden anymore maybe you guys can adopt 3m in hindustan No?

In context to Pakistan well it is partially true and steps should be taken the folks are highly unreliable. Pakistan is a poor country it can't take the burden anymore maybe you guys can adopt 3m in hindustan No?

It's the price Pakistan is paying for making a mess of Afghanistan.. I bet with no involvement of any outsiders, Afghanistan would have been a better place.. Pakistan was a helping hand in destroying the country where was the concept of Muslim brotherhood back then that you now rate them good/bad/unreliable on brotherhood scale today.

It's the price Pakistan is paying for making a mess of Afghanistan.. I bet with no involvement of any outsiders, Afghanistan would have been a better place.. Pakistan was a helping hand in destroying the country where was the concept of Muslim brotherhood back then that you now rate them good/bad/unreliable on brotherhood scale today.

we can also say ajmal kasab and mumbai attack was the price india paid for making mess in pakistan through afghanistan

Back
Top Bottom