What's new

Afghan media: Pakistani helicopter crash-lands in Logar, 6 on board captured

So basically from Pakistan to Russia is only 800 kms, that is even much less than Lahore to Karachi
When we had USSR (Russia) it was only 50 miles distant across the Wakhan strip. After demise of USSR it is now more than 1,000Kms north. Bukhara is now in Uzbekistan.

And @A-Team I think this was drug deal that went bad. The copter was shifting class A powder. And I think you were involved. You drug dealer. Now we know what the A stands for in your handle ..... :lol:

When we had USSR (Russia) it was only 50 miles distant across the Wakhan strip. After demise of USSR it is now more than 1,000Kms north. Bukhara is now in Uzbekistan.

And @A-Team I think this was drug deal that went bad. The copter was shifting class A powder. And I think you were involved. You drug dealer. Now we know what the A stands for in your handle ..... :lol:

damn thought know one will discover the real cause :D I gotta go underground then as my cover is blown ;)

if the heli was providing logistic support to "friends" why same "friends" have now made the crew hostage and set the heli on fire?

My guess is

Because they had asked specifically for this to be delivered .................. and may be Punjab government forgot to arrange this, upon discovering that key supply is missing they did what they did.

CJi9ryTUEAA2Rz2.jpg:large

Its Indian account, operating from India.
No looks like Afghanistan army jawan. Lots of info which cannot be found in India what so ever.

What happened to the hostages and helicopter? Any updates

logar is under afghan government control. there are no taliban there. according to the media the helicopter was refuelled at afghanistan army base at logar. afghan government know that they were urdu speaking and they were alive and they got all first hand information with them. afghan army is a rogue force with warlords dominating them. it is one of their dirty work specially after taliban denied its involvement. its the only reason pakistan contacted US general not Sami ul haq or fazl ur rehman on the issue.

Not just flown. Was going to Russia from Pakistan. Must be using some super fuel to have this kind of range.

Afghans claiming..

Looks like Twitter handle of Afghan Army..

just tell him we are not fools to use air for logistics supply.

No looks like Afghanistan army jawan. Lots of info which cannot be found in India what so ever.

What happened to the hostages and helicopter? Any updates

Despite contacts by Pakistani government the Afghan officials/Government is not willing to share information about them.

On the other hand the government of Pakistan did acquire permission to use Afghan airspace and the Afghan government was informed about the schedule of flight already, hence it is possible that all this is done by Afghan government itself.

Well what do you expect from the puppet regime and there twitter accounts. Pakistan need to deliver loud and clear message if crew members are harmed in anyway then it will be Pakistan turns and we will not kill you we will make example out of you.
First of all close all the border from our side and let them hang there.
next start deporting afghanis back to there motherland its been too long since they have seen there home
and please close afghanistan consulate and send them packing

Not just flown. Was going to Russia from Pakistan. Must be using some super fuel to have this kind of range.

Afghans claiming..

Looks like Twitter handle of Afghan Army..

if the heli was shot down then its impossible that all the crew were survived.

and i would really impressed with Taliban's bravery that they shoot down civilian helicopter and captured the innocent civilians, and showed all the world that what Islam thought them , that kidnap civilians, and ask for Money..

and i would also like to clap for Afghan government that they don't even knew what's the fate of Helicopters after 12 hours of crash, remember that civilian heli using air space with the permission of Afghan Government.

If the crew are harmed in any way then an equal measured response must be given to the Northern Alliance.

@A-Team your ANA thugs are playing with fire mate, I hope they will be able to handle the flames when it intensifies even more.

THE EXPRESS TRIBUNE > PAKISTAN
Taliban confirm all aboard crashed Punjab govt helicopter being held
By Tahir Khan
Published: August 5, 2016
1SHARES
SHARE TWEET
1156287-helicopter-1470384295-916-640x480.jpg

File photo of an MI-17 helicopter. PHOTO: FILE.

ISLAMABAD: Taliban sources on Friday confirmed all crew members of crashed Punjab government helicopter are in their custody.

“All crew members, including a Russian national, are in the custody of the Taliban commanders in their controlled areas in Logar,” Taliban sources confirmed to The Express Tribune.

“They all are safe and a final decision will be taken by the leadership,” a Taliban source said.

Earlier today, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani instructed security forces to recover crew members of Punjab government’s helicopter which crash-landed in eastern Afghanistan on Thursday, his special envoy for Pakistan Ambassador Omar Zakhilwal said.

Six people on board were taken hostage by the Taliban as the helicopter went down in Azra district.

Officials say that the helicopter belonged to Punjab and was heading to Russia for overhaul. “All crew members are safe,” ambassador Zakilwal told The Express Tribune.

“The President has been in the loop form the outset and has instructed the Governor of Logar as well as our security forces to assist in recovering of the hostages. I do believe there will be a peaceful ending to this,” he said.

Punjab govt helicopter crashes in Afghanistan, occupants held by Taliban

The ambassador said the helicopter either caught fire after the crash-landing or was damaged beyond repair. “The Taliban have taken the crew to Wach Lagad area after the helicopter went down at a place called Matrai.”

Afghan sources also confirmed to The Express Tribune that the chopper had the “needed over-flight permission to fly to Uzbekistan over Afghanistan.”

Afghan Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid said on Friday that efforts were underway to “get information about the incident.”

Earlier, DG ISPR Lt-Gen Asim Saleem Bajwa said Army chief General Raheel Sharif called General John Nicholson, the Resolute Support Mission’s commander, hours after the helicopter made the crash landing.

“COAS called Gen Nicholson, Commander RSM in Afghanistan, asked him to help in recovery of crew of Punjab government helicopter that crash-landed in Logar province,” Bajwa tweeted. “Gen Nicholson assured [Gen Raheel] of all possible help in this regard.”

The DG ISPR added that the Afghan government and ANA authorities have also been contacted for their assistance in recovering the crew members.

blank.png

If the crew are harmed in any way then an equal measured response must be given to the Northern Alliance.

@A-Team your ANA thugs are playing with fire mate, I hope they will be able to handle the flames when it intensifies even more.

Might have to procure some intellect for you, stop tagging me.

On topic : the crew are in the hands of GHQ proxies, they will be returned back to Pak army without any harm, dont worry.

That's right. This was a joint Punjab Govt-Russian operation to support the Taliban and Haqqani Network and ISI pigeons training in Afghan terror camps. :disagree:

If anything, this crash proves how unsafe and nomadic Afghanistan is. The Taliban rule the roost and have safe havens to roam around in Afghanistan. They do things at will. It is almost like a choreographed crash and the Taliban were waiting to take the hostages. Strangely, the crash didn't kill any passengers.

If helicopter was shot down, how come there are any survivors ?
Either taliban is lying, or they should provide some proof of alive crew with some photo or video.

logar is under afghan government control. there are no taliban there. according to the media the helicopter was refuelled at afghanistan army base at logar. afghan government know that they were urdu speaking and they were alive and they got all first hand information with them. afghan army is a rogue force with warlords dominating them. it is one of their dirty work specially after taliban denied its involvement. its the only reason pakistan contacted US general not Sami ul haq or fazl ur rehman on the issue.

just tell him we are not fools to use air for logistics supply.
Lol even the heli they showed wasn't that kind of
At least afg army copy paste the dawn news source to make some worthy propaganda

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom