What's new

Afghan forces in a deadly battle with the Taliban.

Afghan cops are better than the whole of pakistani army in countering insurgency and they are the one who bleeds the most for Afghanistan - ANA or any special/elite combat forces are not involved in major counter insurgency raids and the job is not so big that they bother themselves! the rest they put it on NDS (Afghan intelligence) and responsible police units.

They can't fight ANP face to face on the contrary ANP have taken the toll on Taliban very high!! and the more they succeed to kill ALP the more their ground is shortened because ALP is recruited among the local people, you know what I mean!

And you are right as long as pakistani population grows Taliban are not hesitant of how many fighters they lose :)

I just posted a new thread that shows that the ALP is not as reliable as once thought.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/afghan...dermines-infiltrates-afghan-local-police.html

As for Afghan cops being better than PA, please don't make exaggerated claims that are clearly untrue.

Again, the Taliban don't care about high losses. Even killing one enemy soldier for 10 is a victory in their eyes.

Read this it may help you out of your delusions and while reading just don't ignore that this is the very first year when ANP is on it's own .

"The Afghan provincial
government spokesman in
Helmand province told Al
Jazeera that actually this is a
success, they've pushed back
the Taliban and it shows that the Afghan security forces can
do well on their own."

It's not delusions, it's called analysis.

Of course the Afghan gov will claim they won, just like how the Taliban claim they kill millions of American soldiers everyday.

Don't take their word at face value. Pushing back and keeping them there are two different things, they can push the Taliban back, but for how long?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/afghanistan-defence/254080-how-taliban-undermines-infiltrates-afghan-local-police.html

It's a thread I posted which has an interesting article. Please read about how corrupt and incompetent the ALP is.

For such a nascent force, afghan army and intelligence have proved very successful in countering Taliban especially when compated to the massive Pak army's track record against a much smaller TTP .

For such a nascent force, afghan army and intelligence have proved very successful in countering Taliban especially when compated to the massive Pak army's track record against a much smaller TTP .

No, no they haven't. ANA and NDS have been complete failures, even compared to Somalia. Where as Somali armed forces are pushing back against their own insurgents and making massive gains, a better trained and equiped ANA and NDS only control major cities, while the Taliban control the rest of the country.

Pakistan's only problem is North Waziristan. The PA has successfully pushed out a majority of insurgents from Swat and South Waziristan. NW is only a problem because there is no political will to go in there, because the government fears a massive public backlash in the region and renewed sectarianism in KPK for such actions.

so where the f*** is the video?? jub video nhi dikha saktay to post ku kartay ho :lol:

Afghan cops are better than the whole of pakistani army in countering insurgency :sarcastic: and they are the one who bleeds the most for Afghanistan - ANA or any special/elite combat forces are not involved in major counter insurgency raids and the job is not so big that they bother themselves! the rest they put it on NDS (Afghan intelligence) and responsible police units.

They can't fight ANP face to face on the contrary ANP have taken the toll on Taliban very high!! and the more they succeed to kill ALP the more their ground is shortened because ALP is recruited among the local people, you know what I mean!

And you are right as long as pakistani population grows Taliban are not hesitant of how many fighters they lose :)

Another delusional afghani. One punjabi sub inspector with a peshawari chitar is enough to take down your entire army of transexuals.

Enjoy your delusions while you can.

It's proven! go see and compare the counter insurgency engagements of pakistani army and afghan police in many random insurgency tracking websites for the region.

Would love to see links to such sites.

You have to understand the reason for my skepticism: I think in 60 minutes or so one could assemble a lot of journalistic material that states that the ALP and ANP are:
1. Largely Corrupt
2. Largely Un-educated
3. Largely Drug addicts
4. Prey on the local population
5. And, are plagued with wide-spread Pedophilia

Not really the markers of a well disciplined counter insurgency force.

I think the more interesting question is: how an educated Afghan, such as yourself, come to that conclusion that the ALP and ANP outclass the Pakistani security forces by a wide margin. If that is the state of the reasoning of educated Afghans, I wonder what the state is of the lesser educated ones.

I guess the prospects of Afghan / Pakistan peace are rather dim.

In terms of attrition, yes, in terms of morale, no.

Even losing a single cop against untrained militants is seen as a failure.
Untrained militants?? Anyways many Indian and Pakistani troops are killed while fighting with 'untrained militants' too...so no matter how untrained the militants are but some casualties would be there on opposite side.

Untrained militants?? Anyways many Indian and Pakistani troops are killed while fighting with 'untrained militants' too...so no matter how untrained the militants are but some casualties would be there on opposite side.

Yes, untrained, but that's not the point. losing even one cop is demoralizing for a trained and professional armed force.

Okay, what else :pop:

ANA doesn't have time for other activities, Pleasuring themselves with Bachas precedes other matters ;) that's why most the work is done by other Afghani LEA

ANA indulges in Bachaa Baazi, that's why most the work is done by other Afghani LEA

what in the hell is bachaa baazi, does it have some thing to do with kids and UMMMMMMM u know what like sexual abuse

Haven't you read the recent report of an american journalist who spend 7 years in Afghanistan and extensively documented the corruption and moral degradation of Afghanistan army and Police?

Yes, Afghani soldiers indulge in child abuse

what thats F@ked up bro where is UN council on child abuse when you need them, no wonder why they get attacked more then isaf

Afghan cops are better than the whole of pakistani army in countering insurgency and they are the one who bleeds the most for Afghanistan - ANA or any special/elite combat forces are not involved in major counter insurgency raids and the job is not so big that they bother themselves! the rest they put it on NDS (Afghan intelligence) and responsible police units.

November 2012 – “Chai Boys”

After spending five weeks in Sangin, it was obvious to me that Afghan security was nowhere near ready. I’d seen policemen so high on heroin they couldn’t stand up straight or tie sandbags, and soldiers firing hundreds of rockets, bullets, and grenades at the smallest of suspicious movements in the desert—“**** them, they are all Taliban here,” one blurted out when he was told to stop shooting at a father and son—and on at least six different occasions, the use of child soldiers.

The Afghan Police was still active, too, kidnapping civilians for ransom or as bargaining chips in prisoner exchanges. Weapons, fuel, and equipment NATO had supplied to the Afghan National Army were being sold at the local bazaar, and “ghosts”—officers who technically didn’t exist—filled police payroll sheets. “Have you ever seen The Sopranos?” said Major Bill Steuber, the marine in charge of the police-advisory team, describing the corruption. “It’s vast.”

Worst of all, police commanders were routinely abducting young men and using them as “chai boys,” house servants who were also kept as sex slaves. In separate incidents, three of those boys had been shot dead while trying to escape. One was shot in the face and one was shot at police headquarters. When a fourth boy was shot, Steuber marched into the police chief’s office and demanded action.

The police chief first said that the boys had chosen to live on the patrol bases: “They like being there and giving their ***** at night.” He also claimed that the practice of soldiers sexually abusing them was necessary. “If my commanders don’t **** these boys, who will they fcuk? Their own grandmothers?”

This Is What Winning Looks Like | VICE United States

Sher malang is a classic case of northern non pashtun hating pakistan despite he visits and avails all the facilities in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom