What's new

Afghan Air Force begins new flight capability: Nighttime missions

Alphat

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
@Aplhat, did you read Article.

1/6/2014 - KABUL, Afghanistan -- Donning night vision goggles on their helmets for the first time, Afghan Air Force pilots from the Kabul Air Wing conducted the first nighttime Mi-17 helicopter training mission Jan. 5 at Kabul International Airport, Afghanistan.
In sub-freezing temperatures, two of the most seasoned pilots in the AAF completed their first hour of NVG training with advisors from NATO Air Training Command-Afghanistan. This was the first flight towards qualifying instructor pilots capable of teaching NVG techniques to future AAF pilots.

@Luftwaffe

I did read the article but I guess you have not read the following ones, which meant they were being trained for night time missions months back, besides I saw multiple video reports on local Afghan channels with Afghan pilots running night time missions with Afghan special forces.

Night vision training increases Afghan AF capabilities > U.S. Air Force > Article Display

438th Air Expeditionary Wing - Media Gallery

@Luftwaffe : Please note the initial report that I posted was referring to the Kabul air wing, while majority of the Afghan pilots are being trained in Shindand

All Mi-17v5 Pilot in AAF can conduct night missions, and we have around 30 Mi-17v5.

So no, the Report is wrong.

AAF has conducted several night mission carrying both Commandos, APU and CRU.

@Afghan-India : Thank you for the info, thats what I thought since I remember seeing Afghan SOF flying with Afghan pilots on night missions to route Taliban rates.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom