What's new

AFC Asian Cup 2019

AFC cup is a joke no offence, I watched some of the highlights, the refereeing was really really poor, either they are blind or there is some serious match fixing/corruption going on.
not joke enough, for pakistan to qualify?

pakistan has 200 million but couldn't qualify for a tournament that yemen vietnam and palestine did, why is pakistan so bad in football? serious question.

we lack proper funding for our football federation and cannot afford to have friendlies against good level teams. and because of sanctions we cannot buy football boots or kits. but still we are #1 ranked team in Asia (#29 in world).

not joke enough, for pakistan to qualify?

pakistan has 200 million but couldn't qualify for a tournament that yemen vietnam and palestine did, why is pakistan so bad in football? serious question.

we lack proper funding for our football federation and cannot afford to have friendlies against good level teams. and because of sanctions we cannot buy football boots or kits. but still we are #1 ranked team in Asia (#29 in world).

Why you taking it personally lol? Did I insult Iran? That's like me saying why has Iran never won any Hockey world cup? Different culture and priorities, Football has been famous all over Iran unlike in Pakistan where its only popular in particular parts mostly in the coastal city of Karachi and province of Baluchistan. Pakistan has next to no infrastructure when it comes to Football, there is no national league anymore, the federation is ruled by one man for years with massive corruption going on, football is shadowed in Pakistan by that colonial game aka Cricket.

I agree with your last part Iran is doing good despite the crippling sanctions, I just merely stated the fact that AFC cup right now seems like a joke, I saw the refereeing in the tournament it seems mediocre and where is the crowd? If Asian teams want to win the world cup one day they need to step up the game. I think the final will be between Iran and Japan?

South Korea beat Bahrain 2-1 after extra time - Bahrain were very good and South Korea did not create many good chances... But they go through.

I agree with your last part Iran is doing good despite the crippling sanctions, I just merely stated the fact that AFC cup right now seems like a joke, I saw the refereeing in the tournament it seems mediocre and where is the crowd? If Asian teams want to win the world cup one day they need to step up the game. I think the final will be between Iran and Japan?
You are right, UAE has problems with crowd - they have no football culture at all and I think it was bad idea to let them host this tournament.

Final cannot be between Iran and Japan. They will meet in semi finals (if Japan beat Vietnam and Iran beat China).

Final cannot be between Iran and Japan. They will meet in semi finals (if Japan beat Vietnam and Iran beat China)

Goodluck against China. Vietnam seems to have improved a lot now, I think in future they will be contenders for World cup qualifiers from Asia.

Qatar beat Iraq 1-0.

The cruel irony for Iraq is that the goalscorer for Qatar is actually an Iraqi (born in Iraq etc) that switched allegiance to play for Qatar, now scores the goal to eliminate his home country from the competition... o_O

Goodluck against China. Vietnam seems to have improved a lot now, I think in future they will be contenders for World cup qualifiers from Asia.
Vietnam gave Iraq and Iran very tough games they are a big rising star in East Asia. Although I think in the future World Cups there will be more teams from Asia qualifying, so definitely they will have good chance.

Don't jinx it buddy haha.
Qatar were very strong today against Iraq, total domination and should have won by more.

Bahrain gave SK a very good game as well, were unlucky to lose even.

Kyrgyzstan same against UAE.

Can't underestimate any team.

Qatar were very strong today against Iraq, total domination and should have won by more.

Bahrain gave SK a very good game as well, were unlucky to lose even.

Kyrgyzstan same against UAE.

Can't underestimate any team.

Yep and its sport, upsets happen a lot. I learned long ago never to expect assured results lol.

Back
Top Bottom