What's new

AESA Radar is still under development for Tejas MK-2

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
dsc03973i.jpg

Recent media reports of Tejas MK-2 getting AESA radar , idrw.org contacted it sources for further information on its current development . Sources have told us that radar is still under development and may take 2 or 3 years before it is ready for testing and trails on the aircraft .

Orginal plans were to keep current MMR Radar on First batch of Tejas MK-2 , as Indicated in above images , which were shown in the Aero India 2011 , but sources are not sure if there has been any change of plans regarding that . Development of AESA radar [/B]will require foreign collobration and LRDE still has not selected a development partner (DP) for an indigenous AESA radar for Tejas MK-2 and the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) and is likely to make a final decision shortly.

Sources have mentioned Tejas MK-2 rollout (ceromonial) will happen in second half of 2013 but first flight will only take place in late 2014 , Agencies are hoping that Tejas MK-2 will be able to complete Testings by 2016 and enter production and Indcution in 2017 .

AESA radar will be same size has current MMR radar , and upgrades from MMR to AESA Radar on Tejas will have minimum turnaround time as per sources . LCA Tejas Mark II will use GE F414-GE-INS6 afterburning turbofan engine to meet the standers set by the Indian Air Force for the induction Indian Light Combat Aircraft. LCA MK II Tejas will be one meter longer then the LCA MK-I and it will be capable of carrying upto 5,000kg of weapons.

First batch of GE F414-GE-INS6 afterburning turbofan engine will be handed over to India sometime in next year (2013), it is unlikely that first flight of Tejas MK-2 will also happen in 2013 itself has indicated in recent media reports , but a rollout is possible in 2013 .

AESA Radar is still under development for Tejas MK-2 | idrw.org

saale chutiya samajh rakhe hai kya... MMR toh develop hua nahin AESA develop karenge..

bakwaas ki hadd hoti hoti hai :argh:

Have lost my faith in tejas project .Unfortunately HAL is still a useless organisation ;(

saale chutiya samajh rakhe hai kya... MMR toh develop hua nahin AESA develop karenge..

bakwaas ki hadd hoti hoti hai :argh:

The radar under development is also MMR which will user AESA tech. for target detection.

if the news is to be taken true

isNt 2017 is too much late for induction?

Note:drdo natural delay excluded

That is why i said its a useless organisation .
Pehle 2010 kaha tha phir 2014 aur ab 2017 :hitwall:
Tejas is a dead project . Not cool on the part of Hal

Back
Top Bottom