Security in the display area
specialforces.jpg

ALH
sarangr.jpg

LCH
alh1.jpg

alh2.jpg

alh3.jpg

Even if it's not ToT, unless we conduct another nuclear test, there isn't any fear of not getting spares.

Exactly- sanctions seem to have last a nasty and lasting scare on the Indians concesnous but people eed to understand that such actions are unlikely to happen again. Not just because the sanctiones were trigged by a unique event, but also because the India of today and tomorow isn't the India of the 80s/90s. Today India is a growing economic powehouse and the West is looking to emerging nations to stop the rot in their own "devloped" economies, India has made a lot of freinds since the sanctions and today India's reach and soft power is such that it is almost universally liked and favoured. There are many other factors but I won't go in to them.

Point is, the fear of sanctions is no longer there for India so the defence procurement should be done with a free hand with little thought given to this aspect.

Even if it's not ToT, unless we conduct another nuclear test, there isn't any fear of not getting spares.

The deals which are going through now a days are different than what we have done in 1990's and 80's.

Europe is slowing down and they are in the need of capital. India is offering them capital + Joint development. At the same time the technology of the product which they are selling to India needs to needs to be transferred and local plants should be setup(50 % of deal money has to be invested inside India).

You take MMRCA,Brahmos, PAK-FA every deal works like this. No need to depend on spares on other as they will be manufactured in India.

Take example of Lahat, India purchased them and now they customized that product according to our requirements and has upgraded it :cheers:.

These deals are like we will give you money you have to transfer the advance tech of yours to us and help us build a production line in India, In future we will develop the product upgrade jointly :cheers:

I'm not convinced mate- what is the point in this system for a system that is designed for the Army and AF?

It's for IN or ICG and is a safty feature for emergency landing in water.

Rockwell Collins Signs Agreement with Tata Power Strategic

Rockwell Collins and Tata Power Strategic Engineering Division, a system integrator in the Indian defense industry, signed teaming agreement as part of their pursuit of the Indian Air Force Software Defined Radio program.
“Together, our companies provide the expertise to deliver the best-value software defined radio (SDR) solution for the Indian Air Force while offering an unmatched opportunity for technology transfer,” said Ram Prasad, managing director of Rockwell Collins India. “This announcement formalizes what has been a long-standing and positive working relationship with Tata Power SED and will provide the Indian Air Force with advanced air and ground connectivity to meet their requirements. This relationship is very strategic in nature and would provide Indian defense with not only a local, within country, long-term support and maintenance provider, but also access to state-of-the-art technology.”
Rahul Chaudhry, CEO of Tata Power SED remarked, “Tata Power SED has a four-decade long defense research and development experience and has now emerged as one of the largest private sector defense prime contractors. Our teaming agreement with Rockwell Collins for the Air Force’s Software Defined Radio Program allows us to harness our core competencies in the hi-tech arena of SDR for which Rockwell Collins is an acknowledged world leader with proven solutions. With this collaboration, we bring to India a proven hi-tech communication technology with indigenous security, platform and system engineering as a trustworthy solution.”
Under the terms of the agreement, Tata Power SED is the prime contractor and Rockwell Collins will provide technology for the team’s software defined radio offering. If selected, the team of Tata and Rockwell Collins plan to perform the majority of the program effort in India, providing faster delivery times, as well as more responsive in-country service and support for the customer.
Rockwell Collins is a leader in airborne tactical communications, having provided more than 36,000 radios on 180 platforms worldwide.

Aviation Today :: Rockwell Collins Signs Agreement with Tata Power Strategic

The deals which are going through now a days are different than what we have done in 1990's and 80's.

No doubt about that, back in the 90s India was like another sub Saharan nation growing a modest rate of 3%. But more than money, it's the chance of keeping their military industrial complexes running is at stake here.

Back in the cold war, all the western powers invested heavily in their MICs to tackle the Soviet bogeyman. And after the disintegration of USSR, they're left with huge military industry infrastructure and without any in-house demand. So the European states seems desperate just for the sake of keeping their population's employment safe.

AEW&C
aewnc1.jpg

aewnc2.jpg

aewnc3.jpg

Sorry couldn't go to the stalls as children < 16 not allowed into the exhibition area, and I couldn't leave my kid.
Over all crowd was comfortably lower than last show (thanks to me going on a week day this time).
Arrangements were excellent.

At one point, there were a number of eagles over the venue and they drove them away with crackers launched into their midst.
I'll try to see if I can make it to the stalls if I get time.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom