What's new

Admiral Noman happy with F22P performance wants more ships from China

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan is "very satisfied" with the performance of the frigates it bought from China and hopes to further strategic maritime cooperation with the nation, a top Pakistani official said. "We are very happy with the performance, and some technology is as good as in Western countries," Admiral Noman Bashir, Pakistan's chief of naval staff, was quoted as saying by China Daily.

Two of the four F-22P frigates Pakistan ordered from China are already in service its navy, with the third one scheduled to be commissioned in September this year.

Pakistan also hopes to buy bigger ships with more firepower from China, he said.

It also proposed to develop strategic maritime cooperation with China in both military and commercial sectors, such as fishery and cargo, he said.

"The friendship between China and Pakistan is greater than the Himalayas and deeper than the ocean. We already made progress in air force and other areas, now we should expand cooperation in navy," he said.

"We can provide facilities, ports, logistics, maintenance among other things (to the Chinese navy)," another Pakistan navy official said.

Reference
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Pakistan-to-expand-maritime-ties-with-China/Article1-576447.aspx

Werent we gettin 4 more F-22 with advanced stuff n similarities with the type 54?
i apologize if i spelled the ships wrong name.
And wat happened to the Indigenous FAC?

There is no announcement for 4 more f-22p, but yeah there is one about FAC, we are going for it.

Werent we gettin 4 more F-22 with advanced stuff n similarities with the type 54?
i apologize if i spelled the ships wrong name.
And wat happened to the Indigenous FAC?

The F22P is pretty much armed like the Type 054A. The CIWS is slightly different, and the 054A carries VL HQ16 SAM whereas the F22P carrier conventionally launched HQ7 SAM. If there is anything to be had from te 054A, it has to be in the area of SAM and of sensors.

Pak navy to expand ties with China

Beijing—Pakistan’s navy is very satisfied with the performance of the F-22P frigate it bought from China and hopes to further the cooperation with the nation, said Admiral Noman Bashir, Pakistan’s Chief of Naval Staff.

Two of the four F-22P frigates it ordered are already in service in Pakistan Navy, with the third one scheduled to be commissioned on September 15 this year. It’s also expected that all four ships will be in service by 2013.

“We are very happy with the performance, and some technology is as good as in Western countries,” said Noman Bashir, who visited China four times last year was quoted as saying by The China Daily. Pakistan also hopes to buy bigger ships with more firepower from China, such as 4,000 ton class frigates.

Pakistan has proposed to develop strategic maritime cooperation with China in both military and commercial sects, such as in fishery, economic development zones, and cargo, he said. “The friendship between China and Pakistan is greater than the Himalayas and deeper than the Ocean. We already made progress in air force and other areas, now we should further and expand the cooperation in Navy, a broadly-based relation.”

Pakistan’s strategic geographical location in the Arabian Sea and its long coastline mean its possible contribution to the missions of China’s navy, particular under the context of energy need from the Persian Gulf, said Pakistan officials. Pakistan also has rich experiences in countering illegal activities at sea in order to maintain maritime security, four ships participated in anti-piracy operations.—Online

We will have 4 F-22P frigates by 2013. I don't know why Pakistan Navy want additional four F-22P. I would prefer that we should acquire 4 Type 054A frigates rather than more F-22P.

"We can provide facilities, ports, logistics, maintenance among other things (to the Chinese navy)," another Pakistan navy official said.
Hints that China could be expanding into blue waters but to keep the Indian and US guard down, it may be Pakistani flagged and manned. China will just "token lease" the vessel.

We will have 4 F-22P frigates by 2013. I don't know why Pakistan Navy want additional four F-22P. I would prefer that we should acquire 4 Type 054A frigates rather than more F-22P.

PN is doing right that is getting 4 more F-22P ships. However we need additional at least 4 type 054 frigates too. I guess PN is going to get 4 type 054 frigates too inshallah soon cuz its time to go for them....Alhamdolillah nice thinking by PN....
:pakistan::pdf:

it would be wiser if PN opts for a modified version of F-22p Frigate.
the SAM need to be replaced by the HQ-16 SAM systemm rest is ok. may be if we can get another CIWS gun onbaord it would be perfectly fine.
this will also be helpfull as if PN feeel the modified frigate is better for there requirment the existing four could be brought to same level in comming years.

in addition to these Additionl F-22p firgates, what will be required will be atleast three heavier frigates with VLS systme having ability to fire land attack cruise missiles. Collaboration with turkey in this project will be a good option.

FAC is a good move.

we seriously need submarines, the U214 being the best available option. the Chines subs if come in addition to U214 it would be good but only Chines Subs and no U214 may not be the right option.

regadrs!

the FAC and corvets are good for shore line defenses and that is the primary role of PN. still PN will require a bit more fire power.

i agree the wish list mentioned in above post is a bit too demanding but what i am saying is not to get all these systmes in a year or so. it is a 2020 vision.
if PN goes for additional F22p and U214 they will get it by 2015. by that time the Turkish/Chines heavier frigates would be mature and modrenised and then we can go for them alson with the Chines Subs if required or build additional U214 or Agostas!

regadrs!

what FAC stands for can anyone share the pics of that FAC and what did happened about milegam corvete deal with turkey few years back pakistan navy was interested in milegam

what FAC stands for can anyone share the pics of that FAC and what did happened about milegam corvete deal with turkey few years back pakistan navy was interested in milegam

FAC means "Fast Attack Craft"!
PLAN-FAC2208-1.jpg

it is more or less the thing commonly know as missile boat.
equipped with anti-ship missiles, and, as the nae suggest, fast speed the FAC is a low price solution to ASW!

regards!

chinese_stealth1.jpg
Cinese New Stealth FAC
The Chinese navy has developed a new stealthy trimaran fast attack craft (FAC) design. It will probably grow into a larger more versatile platform, similar to the U.S. Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) program. The use of advanced trimaran hull shows that the Chinese are able to incorporate advanced European and Australian fast ferry technology a bit faster than the U.S., as American programs to use these ships and this hull technology are only in the design and experiment stage. While the U.S. did use some Australian designed fast ferries in the 2003 Iraq invasion, the U.S. does not have ships coming off the lines, like the Chinese do. On one level, this new FAC is a Chinese program to replace old conventional hull designs, and to exceed the capabilities of Taiwan's new stealthy FAC design. The trimaran hull configuration confers greater high speed capability in heavy weather, while providing a large deck space for multiple uses.
chinese_stealth2.jpg

This first ship appears to be focused on the FAC mission, and appears to be designed for the installation of anti-ship missile launchers amidship (in the middle of the ship). But we can safely expect that the Chinese will soon design and build larger models that can carry UAVs and small boats for landing commandoes, as the U.S. may soon be doing. The Chinese will probably already have its version of the digital connectivity which lies at the heart of the LCS program. So here we have an area of military technical competition in which the Chinese are demonstrating creativity and a potential ability to match the U.S. just as it is embarking on a new direction in naval warship and combat tactics modernization.

The new Chinese FAC design also demonstrates that the real naval threat from China is not aircraft carriers and large destroyers bought from Russia. No, the real threat is quiet diesel submarines and small ships like this new FAC. The real potential of this new design would be its use in co-ordination with their diesel subs and, possibly, theater ballistic missiles with precision guidance. A combination like that could enable the Chinese to deny the U.S. Navy the ability to safely move in some vital areas, such as the waters surrounding Taiwan.

may this this is some thin PN is showing intrest in!
this is no more a new FAC. it is actually the Type 022 FAC launched in 2004~2005.

regards!

regards!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom