What's new

ADB Reports Pakistan's Middle Class Larger Than India's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot has changed in this last 5 years.
Every year we add 20-25 million to the middle class every year so in 5 year it must be around 100-125 million but our population growth rate also is the same hence the % increase remains stagnant.

But you have conveniently chose to ignore that.

Cherry Picking :rofl:

Old habits die hard for Mr.Haq :lol:

Check this thread ,he repeated brings the same sources despite being proven wrong again and again.:rolleyes:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/43498-comparing-india-pakistan-2010-a.html

That thread is real fun to read.

I do not like to comapre percentages with absolute numbers. Percentages should be compared with that only, my argument is that the data is flawed, I am still not saying we are better in % thats not what I am arguing. Pakistan might be better off but the Gap of 15% seems too much especially when in last 20 years I have seen 5 times more money then before. Where is the money gone? also how will the numbers look when they does not match ground realities. Look at number of people owning car between 1990 and 2010 in India the difference is so huge that almost every city has huge Parking problem. Similarly amount of real estate made in these days is beyond comaprision, so many cities got almost doubled prices went 5 times. All this and more cannot happen if people does not have money in big way. Any Tom, Dick and Hary who came in 1990's will be shocked to see the change in 20 years and we are saying data is pretty much same. I cannot beleive this, I can write so many things. Any stats that does not match the ground reality will be disputed and any person having no idea on ground just talking use internet articles is novice IMO.

Riaz also had a blog about naxal percentage and he said 50% (I do no remeber exact number) of India is controlled by them.
I asked him if that is the case then all affected state should have 50% or more under them. I asked him to pick a state a go district by district and tell me how you came to that number, ofcourse having no idea of India he had no option but to run away.

Arre bhaiyoo, Log apne padosi ke saath hi apni tulna karenge, Chand ke saath thodi naa??LOL
Or jab padosi bada mazboot dushman hoo, to maza doogna ho zata hai.
Kabhi kabhi inhe bhi kuch batoon pe shagoon lene diya karoo..Dekho bechare kitni mehnat kar ke, din *** ek kar ke, TV news paper, films etc etc kahi se bhi hamari khoobiya nikkal te hai. Aur aap log inhe badi zaldi bekraar kar dete hoo..Theek baat nahi.
To inhe ye sab likhne ke paise milte hai, inki rozi roti pe laat na maaro.

Well there was report few days ago that india total poor population is actually even bigger then all afircan nations poor people combined.3 or 4x the total population of Pakistan.

Hmmm...Thats what I said on first page. Make up your mind. You want to compare absolute no. which means IN has more poor ppl than all african nations, but also larger middle class than any other country except CN OR talk in percentage terms where we have less poor ppl than but also small middle class.

why not? india been comparing themself with china all the time, typical indian hypocrisy

Wrong one mate. When we compare with CN, it the devlopement we are looking upto comparing that how far behind we are.

Riaz guy has chip on his shoulder. He want to believe that PK is better than IN or IN has no future.

Come on guys back off how dare you keep on talking about unending poverty in India :angry: no one is hungry there anymore, no farmer is committing suicide.

The middle class is as stable as it was many years back the lower class aka lower cast is no more there

People with prejudice will never see glass half full, forget about people with very strong prejudice (never see a single good thing in India). So I agree with Jana leave it guys for us glass is half full for them half empty both happy.

Guys.. Its simple. Pakistan liberalised much ahead of us. So the poverty erradication also began much earlier. Actually if you go to 1995 or so, this difference in poverty between Pakistan and India was even more stark. But I think there are 2 things going for India.

1. The speed: 50% uptake on GDP in last 4 years (thanks karan) is phenomenal by any standards. While a large part of this would have gone towards the affluant class, there will surely be a significant impact on poverty removal. The results will be more visible in the next census/data set. Probably 2010
2. The size: By the sheer size, India is able to drive deals and bargains which others cant despite better percentages. Just to highlight, despite India's middle class being only 25%, its still 270 million people. That is almost the whole population of USA or 1.5 times the whole population of Pakistan. Hence India is able to play in the bigger league of GDP that can allow it much wider and bigger investment swings.

So congratulations to Pakistan for good numbers.

Good luck to India (and us Indians). The new numbers whenever they get published should show a definite improvement

For Mr Haq. Good job with selective methodologies. When negative points about India are to be highlighted, you use the absolutes.. Like xxx million people living under $1.25 and when positives are being discussed it suddenly becomes % like 25% middle class. Cause 270 million people in middle class looks in a different league all together.. Isn't it. We freshers should learn this art of selective data positioning from expert seniors like you

cheers

Jana ji no one is denying there is poverty in India or farmer suicide. U call urself a journalist so u should know the actions govt took abt suicides. Anyways that's a different topic. All I asked Mr.haq while he spends all his time writing abt India y doesn't he write abt Pakistan too??? R u suggesting that there is no poverty in Pakistan???? Y can't he write something positive abt Pakistan without bringing India into it???
Like I said before if u look to his threads its almost same thing over and over again.

There is nothing wrong in constructive criticism but I don't think that's what he does. He even ridiculed India's $5 million aid. US and UK even with their economic problems have donated. British ppl going through tough times r donating..even someone like me struggling with my mortgage donated to Dec appeal. Still he finds India's help something to mock abt our poverty.

If I may use ur own words we bhartis r well aware of our problems and our Orange media do report them

Jai hind

Jana ji no one is denying there is poverty in India or farmer suicide. U call urself a journalist so u should know the actions govt took abt suicides. Anyways that's a different topic. All I asked Mr.haq while he spends all his time writing abt India y doesn't he write abt Pakistan too??? R u suggesting that there is no poverty in Pakistan???? Y can't he write something positive abt Pakistan without bringing India into it???
Like I said before if u look to his threads its almost same thing over and over again.

There is nothing wrong in constructive criticism but I don't think that's what he does. He even ridiculed India's $5 million aid. US and UK even with their economic problems have donated. British ppl going through tough times r donating..even someone like me struggling with my mortgage donated to Dec appeal. Still he finds India's help something to mock abt our poverty.

If I may use ur own words we bhartis r well aware of our problems and our Orange media do report them

Jai hind

Riju your government is indeed taking steps and you should argue with logical counter comments. Brushing it under the carpet with angry comments can never solve these problems .

As far as the Farmers' issue is concerned that is serious one and nothing concert is done so far.

I am interested in this issue because we here in Pakistan see more feudalism and primarily due to lack of land reforms here and farmers or landlords having such huge huge huge land. BUT in India they have carried land reforms and by our understanding land reforms should have helped the small farmers but the issue is more grave.

Now if you come up with excuse that these are private loan lenders who are exploiting these Indian farmers then well GoI should take the issue up for solution

I do not like to comapre percentages with absolute numbers. Percentages should be compared with that only, my argument is that the data is flawed, I am still not saying we are better in % thats not what I am arguing. Pakistan might be better off but the Gap of 15% seems too much especially when in last 20 years I have seen 5 times more money then before. Where is the money gone? also how will the numbers look when they does not match ground realities. Look at number of people owning car between 1990 and 2010 in India the difference is so huge that almost every city has huge Parking problem. Similarly amount of real estate made in these days is beyond comaprision, so many cities got almost doubled prices went 5 times. All this and more cannot happen if people does not have money in big way. Any Tom, Dick and Hary who came in 1990's will be shocked to see the change in 20 years and we are saying data is pretty much same. I cannot beleive this, I can write so many things. Any stats that does not match the ground reality will be disputed and any person having no idea on ground just talking use internet articles is novice IMO.

Riaz also had a blog about naxal percentage and he said 50% (I do no remeber exact number) of India is controlled by them.
I asked him if that is the case then all affected state should have 50% or more under them. I asked him to pick a state a go district by district and tell me how you came to that number, ofcourse having no idea of India he had no option but to run away.

One possibility is that the data did not account the self employed. Let me take a small example here: In Bangalore if you go to the older areas like "chickpete, Akkipete" etc, there are scores of shops that are size of coffins, but the amount of money they make would actually put them among the rich!!! I'm sure its the same case all over India. The report says the data was from a survey..so yeah..not believable at all. India does have a huge middle class that cannot be accurately accounted for. I would not believe a report entirely unless they produced the methodology at which they came to the conclusion. We do not have a good method of accounting the mass majority..may be the Unique id project may help..

This is off-topic, but since you keep repeating your lies, let me quote from the blog post I wrote on this subject:

It is conservatively estimated that Maoists, also known as Naxalites, control almost 25% of Indian territory in eastern and central states. Indian defense analyst Bharat Verma claims that "New Delhi and the state capitals have almost ceded the governmental control over 40 percent of the Union's territory to the Naxalites". A Newsweek story last year quoted Deepak Ambastha, the editor of Prabhat Khabar, a Hindi daily newspaper in Jharkhand state, as saying that "the state's writ runs only within city limits." Similar situation exists in many of the 20 Indian states, home to nearly 80 percent of those 836 million Indians, where the Maoists dominate the rural landscape. Indian government knows that it can ignore the Naxal threat at its own peril.

Haq's Musings: India Targets Rights Groups as Maoist Insurgency Grows

Guess the cost of a small shop in Chandni chowk or Karol Bagh or Cannaught place, New Delhi?
I am talking of a poor Pan wala ka Khokha..
Surprise surprise its not less than 2 crores(Half a million USD). Now do we take this Pan wala as middle or lower class?

And Janaji, lower class means lower economically, it has nothing nothing to do with caste.
FYI- There is *** race to include themselves in lower caste as this brings reservation benefits. So the real lower castes of medieval times are being eroded.

Now if you come up with excuse that these are private loan lenders who are exploiting these Indian farmers then well GoI should take the issue up for solution

Some are unscrupulous private banya or mahajan lenders, but most of the loans are from Indian banks which are foreclosing these farms leading to rising farmers' suicides...as shown in Peepli Live.

The movie also addresses the abuse of various government programs for the poor by corrupt politicians and bureaucrats.

Haq's Musings: Climate Change Worsens Poverty in India

Guess the cost of a small shop in Chandni chowk or Karol Bagh or Cannaught place, New Delhi?
I am talking of a poor Pan wala ka Khokha..
Surprise surprise its not less than 2 crores(Half a million USD). Now do we take this Pan wala as middle or lower class?

And Janaji, lower class means lower economically, it has nothing nothing to do with caste.
FYI- There is *** race to include themselves in lower caste as this brings reservation benefits. So the real lower castes of medieval times are being eroded.

Please dont get offended but the lower casts are also included in the lowest classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom