What's new

Adambarai Challenge - Viral Tik Tok song indonesia

Gibbs

Reaction score
Country
Australia
This Lankan song has gone viral in Indonesia apparently... @Indos ?

The original

This Lankan song has gone viral in Indonesia apparently... @Indos ?

The original

I dont know bro, I dont have Tiktok apps, maybe it is viral among the tiktok community in Indonesia due to the fact that some popular tiktok member use the song for their dance. I dont use tiktok, but maybe they have song to chose, so if the song is already available on apps, it will be easier for Tiktok community to use it.

But the song melody itself is good, I also like to hear it, no wonder many Indonesian tik tok community like it as well. Indonesian tiktok use Indonesian music sytle and mix it with that Srilanka song. So there is some dance challenge going on and it goes viral

For what I can see from Youtube community, as I use Youtube to watch music, the viral one is Indonesian song called Lathy by Indonesian group, Weird Genius, that has got almost 100 million viewer and uploaded in March 2020.

So I think Tiktok has got their own community but the larger community still Youtube users like me. There is also dance community that mostly fill Tiktok apps.

I dont know bro, I dont have Tiktok apps, maybe it is viral among the tiktok community in Indonesia due to the fact that some popular tiktok member use the song for their dance. I dont use tiktok, but maybe they have song to chose, so if the song is already available on apps, it will be easier for Tiktok community to use it.

But the song melody itself is good, I also like to hear it, no wonder many Indonesian tik tok community like it as well. Indonesian tiktok use Indonesian music sytle and mix it with that Srilanka song. So there is some dance challenge going on and it goes viral

For what I can see from Youtube community, as I use Youtube to watch music, the viral one is Indonesian song called Lathy by Indonesian group, Weird Genius, that has got almost 100 million viewer and uploaded in March 2020.

So I think Tiktok has got their own community but the larger community still Youtube users like me. There is also dance community that mostly fill Tiktok apps.

Well one of rare plus points of globalization for you, Who would have thought a Sinhalese song would get popular elsewhere few decades ago

The song itself is 7 years old on Youtube so the discovery by Tiktok Indo community has to be quite recent

Did a little research so it is also quite popular in Clubs as well, Not only in Jakarta but also among Indos in places like Korea and Dubai with large expat communities

Well one of rare plus points of globalization for you, Who would have thought a Sinhalese song would get popular elsewhere few decades ago

The song itself is 7 years old on Youtube so the discovery by Tiktok Indo community has to be quite recent

Did a little research so it is also quite popular in Clubs as well, Not only in Jakarta but also among Indos in places like Korea and Dubai with large expat communities

Well actually as far as I hear songs from India, Bangladesh, Srilankan, Pakistan, some how they still have some kind of similarity in tone and of course the language as well. Indian song has already penetrated Indonesian market through its Bollywood movie in the past and despite younger generation dont hear it anymore, there are still some segment in our society that like Indian song, and it can be seen by several Youtuber (songs cover) that specialized in Indian songs and can get in average around 300.000 viewers on each song, so there is captive market already.

So I think it is not difficult for Srilankan song to be viral in Indonesia as they have some similarity with Indian, despite for women singer, Indian song tend to use high tone voice :D

I can say it is not bad though, there are two Indo YT channel that are quite viral by using that song, each has around 2,5 million and 4.5 million and they are just posted 2-3 months ago. Not bad though considering one of the best Indonesian band like Noah only has 1,8 million viewers on one of his song after releasing it for 1 year.

Although another song posted at the same year can get 30 million viewers

Indonesian Youtuber using that Srilankan song and has got 4 million viewers already after posting 3 months ago

Not bad, considering Indonesian Diva, Raisa Andriana only can get around 5.6 million viewer after posting the latest song one and half year ago

@Gibbs Sorry bro, some mistake in posting the video :hitwall:

4 million with Srilankan song

Last edited:
Well actually as far as I hear songs from India, Bangladesh, Srilankan, Pakistan, some how they still have some kind of similarity in tone and of course the language as well. Indian song has already penetrated Indonesian market through its Bollywood movie in the past and despite younger generation dont hear it anymore, there are still some segment in our society that like Indian song, and it can be seen by several Youtuber (songs cover) that specialized in Indian songs and can get in average around 300.000 viewers on each song, so there is captive market already.

So I think it is not difficult for Srilankan song to be viral in Indonesia as they have some similarity with Indian, despite for women singer, Indian song tend to use high tone voice :D

I can say it is not bad though, there are two Indo YT channel that are quite viral by using that song, each has around 2,5 million and 4.5 million and they are just posted 2-3 months ago. Not bad though considering one of the best Indonesian band like Noah only has 1,8 million viewers on one of his song after releasing it for 1 year.

Although another song posted at the same year can get 30 million viewers

Indonesian Youtuber using that Srilankan song and has got 4 million viewers already after posting 3 months ago

Not bad, considering Indonesian Diva, Raisa Andriana only can get around 5.6 million viewer after posting the latest song one and half year ago

Nice.. Just discovering Sri Lankan songs myself, Specially Sinhala language songs, English is my first language so although i do understand a little Sinhala and Tamil, I'm not too familiar with the pop culture

This song has won the Best virtual performance in Asia recently, It's quite trippy not sure if it's your cup of tea

Best listen with head phones

Nice.. Just discovering Sri Lankan songs myself, Specially Sinhala language songs, English is my first language so although i do understand a little Sinhala and Tamil, I'm not too familiar with the pop culture

This song has won the Best virtual performance in Asia recently, It's quite trippy not sure if it's your cup of tea

Best listen with head phones

I like typical South Asian song though like Adambarai song then the Westernized one. In Indonesia we have dangdut. The melody is quite distinct with Western pop song but mostly preferred by lower middle class, although some of the songs are popular among the upper middle class and upper class as well.

So you are Australian born Srilankan, so you must see Australia as your home town already. I wonder whether other South Asian countries are also aware with Srilankan/Sinhalese songs. We should bring @jamahir for that.

Talking about dangdut, you will understand why the songs like Noah and Raisa get less viewers than many dangdut song like this who are prefered by lower middle class people.

74 million viewer

I wonder whether other South Asian countries are also aware with Srilankan/Sinhalese songs. We should bring @jamahir for that.

Sadly not. Sri Lankans have not really actively promoted their music and other culture in India despite their presence in the SAARC union.

But some months ago I came across a Hindi song sung by a Lankan young man in the competition The Voice - Sri Lanka, but I forgot which song. @Gibbs, do you know about this ?

Edit : Found this rendition in the above competition. The original is a famous Hindi song by Kailash Kher ( you can hear it here ). The contestant sung it okay with of course his Sri Lankan version of the Hindi language.

Last edited:
I like typical South Asian song though like Adambarai song then the Westernized one.

The one i posted last i reckon have very distinctive sound of Sinhala music, The drums, Flute etc.. Sri Lankans music for the longest time was recognized for it's unique versions of Baila and Calypso music

Like this..

Any Lankan gathering, Party, Sporting event will end with people playing singing and dancing to Baila or
Calypso

But some months ago I came across a Hindi song sung by a Lankan young man in the competition The Voice - Sri Lanka, but I forgot which song. @Gibbs, do you know about this ?

No idea mate, Like i mentioned discovering more popular Lankan culture myself, Except Baila music, Which is universal rallying call for any one even minutely connected to the island :lol:

The one i posted last i reckon have very distinctive sound of Sinhala music, The drums, Flute etc.. Sri Lankans music for the longest time was recognized for it's unique versions of Baila and Calypso music

Like this..

Any Lankan gathering, Party, Sporting event will end with people playing singing and dancing to Baila or
Calypso

No idea mate, Like i mentioned discovering more popular Lankan culture myself, Except Baila music, Which is universal rallying call for any one even minutely connected to the island :lol:

Is that Football match (men and women dancing) ???? Look like it was in Australia. Interesting. As far as I know Indonesian football supporters rarely dance but usually they sing their football club anthem.

Is that Football match (men and women dancing) ???? Look like it was in Australia. Interesting. As far as I know Indonesian football supporters rarely dance but usually they sing their football club anthem.

Cricket.. Lankans are absolute shit in Football, But this kind of Music Baila/Calypso played by bands called Papare bands are synonymous with Lankan celebrations Weddings, Dances, Gatherings.. Sometimes these bands consist of couple of dozens of Trumpet, Brass and drum players.. It's quite different to rest of South Asia, Like many other traits of Sri Lankans.. Islanders are unique :cool:

Back
Top Bottom