What's new

Acts of Terrorism in Pakistan

20 dead in Parachinar election office

PARACHINAR: As many as 20 people were killed and several others were injured in a suicide blast outside an election office in Parachinar, confirmed hospital sources on Saturday evening.

According to the initial reports, the bomb was believed to have been rigged to a car, which was parked outside the election office near Eidgah. Following the blast, the power supply to the area got cut off.

Talking to media, Riyaz Hussain Shah said that he is safe. At the time of blast, he was present in the office.

Parachinar political administration said the relief operation is in progress and the injured are being shifted to the hospital.

20 dead in Parachinar election office

edit: 27 is the deathtoll now.

RAWALPINDI (Mazhar Tufail): Lt. General, Dr. Mushtaq Baig was martyred while his guard and driver were killed on the spot in a suicide bomb attack at busy Mall Road in garrison city of Rawalpindi on Monday.

The Interior Ministry has confirmed deaths of four persons in the explosion executed at around 2:45 PM near NADRA office.

The suicide bomber was on foot, who blew himself up by the car of Lt. Gen. Mushtaq Baig which was stationary before a red signal, said the Interior Ministry officials .

The suicide bomber, aged around 15 to 18 years, had a fair complexion.

According to the Interior Ministry, the attack killed eight persons including Lt. Gen. Mushtaq Baig, his gunman, driver, a female civilian and the suicide bomber while eight others injured.

Security personnel cordoned off the area immediately after the explosion and began the rescue work.

The vehicles of Rescue 112, Pak Army, police and fire brigade rushed to the site of the incident and ferried the injured and dead to the hospitals.

Six injued were shifted to CMH hospital.

Severe traffic jams were witnessed on various arteries in the city following the explosion.

Lt. Gen. Mushtaq Baig belonged to Lehr Sultanpur village, district Chakwal. His bereaved family members include his widow, three sons and a daughter. He was also the principal of an Army Medical College.

Rawalpindi Blast: 8 killed including Lt. Gen. Mushtaq Baig

I think Lt. Gen. Mushtaq Baig (shaheed) was also hafiz quran.

This suicide attack is really condemnable, Such acts of terrorisms are made by d persons who r really inhuman and their purpose is to bring d instability in pakistan. THose people who r cream of pakistan they are target and victim of them. Lt. Gen. Mushtaq Baig (shaheed) was also one of them. He was optimologist in CMH. He was really a grat person. Iam really in great sorrow 2day because i went 2-3 times to CMH for check up of my eye sight to him. He was such a nice DR. I don,t know what these people get by killing the innocent persons like him who serve for humanity and there person is to save the lives and to give relief to the people suffer from pain. And I don,t know how long this thing will continue....... May Allah save pakistan.
MAy his soul rest in peace and Allah give him place in "JANNAT_UL_FIRDOUS".
AMIN.

RAWALPINDI (Mazhar Tufail): Lt. General, Dr. Mushtaq Baig was martyred while his guard and driver were killed on the spot in a suicide bomb attack at busy Mall Road in garrison city of Rawalpindi on Monday.

Rawalpindi Blast: 8 killed including Lt. Gen. Mushtaq Baig

I think Lt. Gen. Mushtaq Baig (shaheed) was also hafiz quran.

Dear Dabong,

There is more to this attack then what meets the eye ? Its seems incredible a beggar with bomb vest was standing at a busy road waiting for the first Army Car to pass by and then explode his bomb. Unfortunately Pakistan has become such an opaque country that the truth never emerges. I am still waiting to read about the SSG blast fiasco story in some reliable news article but have never seen one till date. Somehow the truth never emerges in Asian countries compared to the open croner trials held in UK after such incidents.

Regards

Democracy is something alien to many Salafeen/Islamists. I have been personally accosted by Islamist youths outside Regents park mosque who tried to convince me that voting is unislamic. Did mulla Omer or Osama bin Laden ever contest an election ??

These extremists only believe in one thing; agree with us or be eliminated.

Even though I never agreed with Bacha Khan's Pakhtoonistan slogan or the formation of Pakhtoon Zalme by his son Wali Khan. I respect their views and would support ANP govt in the NWFP because of their secular outlook. My heart goes out to the fellow Pakistanis who were killed without any rhyme or reason.

Thus far most of the people affected by the suicide bombings and sectarian killings had been outside NWFP ( except in Parachinaar). Sincerely hope that killing of Pashtoons by these followers of satan shakes up the intellegentia of NWFP and they try to generate public support against the talibaans and the madrassahs.

Fact is that most of the suicide bombers have been Pashtoons. Support for the talibaan in many Fata areas is large and deep rooted.To give an example; ( this is not generalization but only an indicator of thinking of man on the street in some areas of NWFP) I work in Fujairah UAE where a large number of taxi drivers are from Dir/Bajour area. I need to use the taxis whenever my car is in for servicing; each time I have conversation with the taxi driver, I am aghast at their anti Punjabi sentiments. Once my wife and mother in law, who dont wear abbaya or hijab got a lecture by the driver for not following Islamic ways.

IMO the Talibaanism and the whole madrassah system is generating an army of suicide bombers and followers of an extremely twisted version of Islam, which is not even a facsmilie of the religion of peace revealed to our holy Prophet (PBUH). Nevertheless, this is deeply entrenched in the rural and tribal areas of NWFP and unless a major surgury is carried out, the cancer will spread to the whole country, turning Pakistan into another Somalia.

Fellow members have every right to disagree with my views, but I am personally sick of seeing the dead bodies of innocent countrymen on TV. Will there ever be an end to this carnage??

Sinerely believe that killing of so many muslims without slightest feeling of regret can only be the work of followers of Dajjal, no matter by what name they call themselves.
you have the right idea, hadith mention a group that will re-emerge from amongst the muslims, the khwaarij. Ali finished them off during the khilafa, however, it was predicted that they will re-emerge near the end times. however, you have to be careful in differentiating AQ and taliban. most of the taliban have nothing to do with the attacks, however baitullah mehsud does. it is AQ that have the mentality which dictates the killing of muslims because all other muslims, through their view, are kaafir. he himself is not supported by the pashtun tribes, but uzbeks that came from afghanistan. I believe the pak army will do muslims a favor by delivering the final blow the mehsud. however, im not saying that there won't be some people who will be brainwashed into killing muslims.

Kohat suicide attack death toll rises to 40

Sunday, March 02, 2008
KOHAT: The death toll in Darra Adamkhel suicide attack reached 40, while 35 persons were wounded in the incident.

According to official sources notables from five clans of Darra Adamkhel held a Jirga in Zarghon Khel. The suicide bomber struck the assembly immediately after the meeting was ended, killing 30 persons immediately, while 10 critically wounded were succumbed to their injuries at hospitals.

Fifteen critically wounded persons have been transferred to Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar, while remaining were shifted to other hospitals of Kohat and Peshawar.

A losing independent candidate of the recent elections Noor Zaman Afridi was also killed in the attack, while father of Senator Razzaq was wounded in the bombing.

The notables in their meeting had decided to burn houses of those tribesmen and impose fine who will provide shelter to foreign miscreants

Security has been tightened in the area after the attack.

The law enforcement agencies have found the head and legs of the suicide bomber.

Three dead persons of the bombing have been identified as Ilyas, Naseem and Dildar.

Dear Dabong,

There is more to this attack then what meets the eye ? Its seems incredible a beggar with bomb vest was standing at a busy road waiting for the first Army Car to pass by and then explode his bomb. Unfortunately Pakistan has become such an opaque country that the truth never emerges. I am still waiting to read about the SSG blast fiasco story in some reliable news article but have never seen one till date. Somehow the truth never emerges in Asian countries compared to the open croner trials held in UK after such incidents.

Regards

I was discussing this incident with an American acquaintance who happens to be a War history buff - an he shrugged his shoulders and said that a possible similar "lucky coincidence" started off world war one. Ferdinand of Austria was the target of an assassination attempt in Serbia, he escaped, and somehow his driver took a wrong turn. However while proceeding on the "wrong turn" he happened to encounter some of the remaining assassins, who then finished the job.

The whole setup of the bombing indicates that the killing of the general was chance. Lets say that the bomber knew the General would pass through that street, and even what time - but by being on foot the bombers entire chance of success was based on the traffic light stopping the generals car. If it had been a car bombing, I could see how the General would be a specific target, because knowing the approximate time and route of his passage would still allow a car bomber to chase and hit him. But a bomber on foot to me indicates that knowledge was limited to "army personnel pass through this road - go and blow yourself up when you see an army car stop".

Too much left to chance for this to be an assassination job targeted at a specific individual.

Baitullah Mehsud claims responsibility for Swat, Bajaur blasts

PESHAWAR: Taliban commanded by tribal warlord Baitullah Mehsud have taken the responsibility for the suicide attacks in Mingora and Bajaur and said they resumed the attacks following the security forces violated the 'peace accord'.

Taliban militants fighting troops in the South Waziristan Agency had declared a unilateral ceasefire on Feb 27, denied by army.

Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan spokesman Maulana Umer while talking to BBC Urdu from undisclosed location admitted that Taliban were involved in a suicide attack FC vehicle in Bajaur on Saturday and on the slain DSP's funeral in Mingora late Friday.

At least 50 people were killed and scores others injured in the attack in Mingora while two were dead and 24 hurt in the Bajaur tragedy.

He said after the violation of the agreement of truce with authorities in South Waziristan, the Taliban have been directed to carry on partial activities against government personnel where the troops are busy in operation against them (Taliban), adding "However, we are still respecting the accord in general."

To a question about Lakki Marwat remote-controlled blast that killed three cops and a DSP whose funeral was attacked by a suicider, he said the local Taliban will know better about it as they have been given signal for partial activities.

The Taliban spokesman also welcomed the ANP nominated chief minister for NWFP Amir Haider Khan Hoti's statement that his government will hold parleys with Taliban and all issues will be resolved through jirgas.

"We believe that clashes between government and Taliban are not in favour of both sides," Maulana Umer said, adding we are looking forward to dialogue process pledged by new government."

Baitullah Mehsud, a Qaeda-linked militant commander based in South Waziristan, is accused by the government and the United States CIA of masterminding the assassination of Benazir Bhutto.

^^^^ The Palestinian terrorists and these bastards - how on earth someone can excuse murdering innocent people (the funeral procession and the Jirga) is beyond me.

Over 40 killed in a sucide attack at a jirga in Darra Adamkhel

KOHAT: The death toll in Darra Adamkhel suicide attack reached 40, while 35 persons were wounded in the incident.

According to official sources notables from five clans of Darra Adamkhel held a Jirga in Zarghon Khel. The suicide bomber struck the assembly immediately after the meeting was ended, killing 30 persons immediately, while 10 critically wounded were succumbed to their injuries at hospitals.

Fifteen critically wounded persons have been transferred to Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar, while remaining were shifted to other hospitals of Kohat and Peshawar.

A losing independent candidate of the recent elections Noor Zaman Afridi was also killed in the attack, while father of Senator Razzaq was wounded in the bombing.

The notables in their meeting had decided to burn houses of those tribesmen and impose fine who will provide shelter to foreign miscreants

Security has been tightened in the area after the attack.

The law enforcement agencies have found the head and legs of the suicide bomber.

Three dead persons of the bombing have been identified as Ilyas, Naseem and Dildar.

-The News
http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=38986

^^^^ The Palestinian terrorists and these bastards - how on earth someone can excuse murdering innocent people (the funeral procession and the Jirga) is beyond me.

Agno that is the very soft targets as in the funeral there were hunderds and hunderds of people.

While the suicide blast today in Darra Adam Khel that has also killed over 40 people was a bid to sabotage the peace jirga by killing the tribal elders who were engage in disscussing to eleminate miscreants their area.

The jirga was convened to impose a heavy fine and also the decision of butning the house of anyone in Darra Adam Khel who gives shelter to the terrorists of Baitullah Mehsood or his supporters or any such element that are involved in terrorism.

Back
Top Bottom