What's new

Acts of Terrorism in Pakistan

Khyber Agency: Two paramilitary personnel killed in IED blast – The Express Tribune

433771-fatmachurchislamabadparamilitaryafp-1347169622-743-640x480.jpg

Over the past eight days, five IEDs blasts have been reported in North Waziristan Agency. PHOTO: AFP

Two paramilitary personnel were killed when an improvised explosive device (IED) detonated in Shalobar in Bara tehsil, Khyber Agency on Saturday.
Bara tehsil line officer Misri Khan said two Frontier Constabulary (FC) personnel were on patrol in Shalobar when the IED planted on the side of a road exploded, injuring them both.
Misri Khan identified the injured personnel as Hayat Khan and Hakeem Shah, adding that both victims were rushed to Hayatabad Medical Complex in Peshawar. However, both the personnel succumbed to their injuries.
Over the past eight days, five IEDs blasts have been reported in North Waziristan Agency, in which two security forces personnel have been injured. In an IED explosion in Landikotal on September 5, Khyber Agency, two brothers were injured while on their way home. In another explosion, four volunteers of Touheedul Islam were critically injured when an IED went off near them in the agency.

Pakistan ends weeks of fighting; over 100 dead

KHAR, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistani security forces pushed Taliban militants who came from Afghanistan back across the border after more than two weeks of fighting in a mountainous tribal region, spokesmen for both sides said Sunday. The government says over 100 people were killed in the offensive.
The violence in the northwestern Bajur area highlighted the growing problem of Taliban militants using sanctuaries in Afghanistan to attack Pakistan. The frequency of the raids has increased, and this was the first instance in which Pakistani Taliban militants coming from Afghanistan seized and held territory in Pakistan for a significant amount of time.
Pakistan has called on Afghan and NATO forces to do more to stop militants from crossing into the country. Kabul and the international coalition have acknowledged the problem, but also want Pakistan to do more to stop militants holed up on its territory from launching attacks into Afghanistan.
Security forces finally managed to push the militants back from the Salarzai region of Bajur on Saturday, said Jehangir Azam Wazir, the top political official in the area.

"Unexpectedly, the militants showed tough resistance this time, but finally our security forces along with volunteers of the Salarzai militia succeeded in eliminating them," said Wazir.
The dead included at least 80 militants, 18 civilians, 12 anti-Taliban militiamen and eight soldiers, he said. An additional 13 soldiers are missing and are believed to be in the hands of the Taliban.
Hundreds of people who were trapped by the fighting in a string of villages along the border were finally able to leave Saturday. They had been confined to their homes, and many were running low on food.
"Those days were very difficult and passed with a lot of hardship," said Hikmat Jan, who had been stranded with his family in Gambat village. "We were unable to go out and were tense, fearing the militants would come kidnap us or we would be killed by shelling or starve to death because we were running out of food."
Jan said the dead were strewn across the village.
"I saw many bodies in the fields and streets," said Jan. "I don't know whether they were militants, volunteers or fellow villagers."
Gul Mohammed, who was caught outside his home in Batwar village by the fighting, said he was finally able to reunite with his relatives after weeks of separation.
"I had no hope I would be able to see my family and my children alive again," said Mohammed. "Nothing gives me more happiness than seeing my family back safe and alive."
Thousands of others who managed to flee before the fighting ended have been provided food by the government, said the top political official in Bajur, Syed Abdul Jabbar Shah.
Security forces are searching the villages that were cleared of militants to make sure they did not plant any bombs, said Wazir, the official in Salarzai. People will be allowed to return to their villages once the search is complete, he said.
Pakistani Taliban spokesman Ahsanullah Ahsan confirmed the militants retreated but said they would regroup and attack again. He claimed they brought back the bodies of 14 soldiers they killed.
"We will attack this area again soon with much increased strength," Ahsan told The Associated Press by telephone from an undisclosed location.
The militants who attacked the Salarzai area came from the neighboring Afghan province of Kunar. They have also staged attacks from the adjacent Afghan province of Nuristan. Many Pakistani Taliban fighters fled to these areas following army operations in Pakistan's
region, taking advantage of the fact that the U.S. pulled out most of its forces from these Afghan provinces in recent years.
The Pakistani Taliban are allied with the Afghan Taliban, but they have focused their attacks in different areas. The Pakistani Taliban have waged war on the Pakistani government, while the Afghan Taliban have battled Afghan and NATO forces inside Afghanistan.
It's unclear whether the recent militant incursion into Salarzai was retaliation for the death of the head of the Pakistani Taliban in Bajur, Mullah Dadullah, in a NATO airstrike in Kunar on Aug. 24.

The Associated Press: Pakistan ends weeks of fighting; over 100 dead

it's time to issue an ultimatum to these Afghans.....

Pakistan has been way too lenient on these trouble-makers. As long as such attacks take place (such as those against simple, God-fearing tribes people who mind their own business, in Bajaur) we should declare Afghanistan a hostile state. That will have severe implications - economic and political.

it's time to issue an ultimatum to these Afghans.....

Pakistan has been way too lenient on these trouble-makers. As long as such attacks take place (such as those against simple, God-fearing tribes people who mind their own business, in Bajaur) we should declare Afghanistan a hostile state. That will have severe implications - economic and political.

Not possible till Pakistan has to supply NATO forces in Afghanistan thru its land routes.. And we know they cant stay shut...Declaring Afghanistan as hostile state would automatically align Pakistan with Taliban which will not bode well..

Not possible till Pakistan has to supply NATO forces in Afghanistan thru its land routes.. And we know they cant stay shut...Declaring Afghanistan as hostile state would automatically align Pakistan with Taliban which will not bode well..

Declaring Afghanistan as a hostile state does not align us with the Taliban because the Taliban are against the government and not the state itself. The OP wishes for hostile state declaration for the state which would imply that we are NOT taking or harbouring any more refugees.

Not possible till Pakistan has to supply NATO forces in Afghanistan thru its land routes.. And we know they cant stay shut

I think your logic is based more on emotion and your own vested interests, rather than being based on both ground realities as well as fact. It is very much possible. Pakistan demonstrated its intent when the NATO supply lines were shut down; the Americans were begging us behind the scenes to reopen them and it took them over half a year to muster the courage to apologize for their trigger happy incident @ Salala.

Now I wouldnt delve too much about NATO supply lines/GLOC simply because it's immaterial to the point I was making. I think based on common sense and based on observation - the Afghan state [apparatus] is quite hostile to Pakistan and it's strategic interests. The ANA as well as the Afghan intelligence are outwardly hostile -- especially the latter.

As long as Afghanistan allows itself to be used by india and other archrival entities in an attempt to destabilize PAKISTAN, our side will do whatever it takes to neutralize the MULTI-FACETED threats we are facing.

Declaring Afghanistan as hostile state would automatically align Pakistan with Taliban which will not bode well..

Laughworthy. I think regardless of what Pakistan does, West would always sing its tunes about Pakistan supporting the [Afghan] taleban movement. However, those who are actually PRIVY (and not just overnight bona fide keyboard analysts) would know that the Americans themselves are in communication with the talebs; channels are open with them. Even the indians are seeking some kind of "accommodation" with the talebs (the indians attempted to establish contact with them via Saudi Arabia, though im unsure if much materialized).

So if doing these things makes us complicit with them, then so are a lot of other countries. The Afghan taleban are an Afghan phenomenon. Bitter, stone cold reality.

Declaring Afghanistan as a hostile state does not align us with the Taliban because the Taliban are against the government and not the state itself. The OP wishes for hostile state declaration for the state which would imply that we are NOT taking or harbouring any more refugees.

We've housed them for too long. They need to leave.

let the humanitarian "democratics" next door accommodate them. They owe it to the Afghans -- for supporting and passionately backing the soviet invasion of their country.

I think your logic is based more on emotion and your own vested interests, rather than being based on both ground realities as well as fact. It is very much possible. Pakistan demonstrated its intent when the NATO supply lines were shut down; the Americans were begging us behind the scenes to reopen them and it took them over half a year to muster the courage to apologize for their trigger happy incident @ Salala.

Now I wouldnt delve too much about NATO supply lines/GLOC simply because it's immaterial to the point I was making. I think based on common sense and based on observation - the Afghan state [apparatus] is quite hostile to Pakistan and it's strategic interests. The ANA as well as the Afghan intelligence are outwardly hostile -- especially the latter.

As long as Afghanistan allows itself to be used by india and other archrival entities in an attempt to destabilize PAKISTAN, our side will do whatever it takes to neutralize the MULTI-FACETED threats we are facing.

Laughworthy. I think regardless of what Pakistan does, West would always sing its tunes about Pakistan supporting the [Afghan] taleban movement. However, those who are actually PRIVY (and not just overnight bona fide keyboard analysts) would know that the Americans themselves are in communication with the talebs; channels are open with them. Even the indians are seeking some kind of "accommodation" with the talebs (the indians attempted to establish contact with them via Saudi Arabia, though im unsure if much materialized).

So if doing these things makes us complicit with them, then so are a lot of other countries. The Afghan taleban are an Afghan phenomenon. Bitter, stone cold reality.

We've housed them for too long. They need to leave.

let the humanitarian "democratics" next door accommodate them. They owe it to the Afghans -- for supporting and passionately backing the soviet invasion of their country.

The whole post is just an amalgamation of wishful thinking and impractical fantasy.. Not worth a reply really..

The whole post is just an amalgamation of wishful thinking and impractical fantasy.. Not worth a reply really..

hayyy :cry:

ran out of steam that quickly? where's the rambunctious karan i've grown to love and be entertained by?

chalo khair hai bahar hal; chaar pai par leit k so jao mera putar, aram karo

hayyy :cry:

ran out of steam that quickly? where's the rambunctious karan i've grown to love and be entertained by?

chalo khair hai bahar hal; chaar pai par leit k so jao mera putar, aram karo

:lol:

too drunk and too tired to type a long message on the touch screen.. Tomorrow.. Promise ;)

10 dead, 45 injured in Parachinar blast

KURRAM AGENCY: At least ten people were killed and 45 sustained injuries when a bomb exploded in the Toori Market area of Parachinar on Monday.

According to initial reports, an explosive-laden car was parked near the market and was the cause of the blast.

Officials told Reuters that the death toll was likely to climb because many people had been walking along a narrow road beside the market in the town of Parachinar.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast.

Earlier on July 14, a man was injured when a landmine exploded near him in Parachinar.

According to an official of the political administration, Younas Ali from Balish Khel was on his way to Parachinar Bazaar at around noon when the blast occurred. He was taken to the Agency Headquarters Hospital Parachinar in stable condition.

10 dead, 45 injured in Parachinar blast – The Express Tribune

http://dawn.com/2012/09/10/car-bomb-kills-10-in-parachinar-officials/

PARACHINAR: A car bomb ripped through a crowded market in a Pakistani tribal region bordering Afghanistan on Monday, killing 12 Shia Muslims in the latest instance of sectarian violence to rock this country, officials said.

In addition to the 12 killed in the explosion in the town of Parachinar in the Kurram region, 45 people were wounded, said government official Sahibzada Anis. Another government official, Naseer Khan, said all of the dead were Shia Muslims.

Kurram is the only region along the Afghan border that is majority Shia, and has seen bloody outbreaks of sectarian violence in recent years.

The emergence over the last 10 years in Pakistan of groups such as al-Qaida and the Pakistani Taliban has added to the frequency and viciousness of attacks against Shias.

In February, a suicide attacker on a motorcycle blew himself up in Parachinar, killing 23 Shia Muslims and wounding 50 people.

Many of the recent sectarian killings in Pakistan have been blamed on the militant group Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, which is allied with al-Qaida and the Taliban.

Malik Ishaq released

A court released the founder of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi on bail Monday :hitwall:, about a week and a half after he was arrested because of a speech he made that authorities said incited sectarian hatred, said police officer Ejaz Shafi.

Bail was set at 500,000 rupees, about $5,280, Shafi said.

Police arrested Malik Ishaq in 1997, and he was accused in more than 200 criminal cases involving the killing of 70 Shias.

But the prosecution could never prove the charges, in part because of witness and judge intimidation, and he went free in 2011.

Also Monday, a radical prayer leader in Islamabad and 19 others were acquitted in the 2007 killing of a security officer, the cleric’s lawyer said.

14 Shias killed, 80 injured in Parachinar bombing: Officials – The Express Tribune
PESHAWAR: A car bomb targeting security forces in a market area in Parachinar on Monday killed 14 civilians, all Shia Muslims, and wounded more than 80, officials said.
Remote-controlled blast in Hub injures 17
QUETTA: At least 17 people were injured in remote-controlled blast on Monday on main RCD Highway area of Hub, an industrial township of Balochistan, officials confirmed.

It is truly amazing that in part of the world and i am talking about my country, there are hundreds maybe thousands of people who are rotting in jail and with no offense but because its so fcking easy to get a fake case build with the help of thanadar (inspector) and suddenly one day you find out there is a case of astortation or theft and yet this very same law has nothing that can put people who actually deserve to be prosecuted and put behind bars. This is the sad state of law in Pakistan. While police and the so called judicary is busy milking money from the ordinary people, terrorists are roaming free.

Back
Top Bottom