What's new

Acts of Terrorism in Pakistan

Because it takes 20 retarded indians to match one pakistani like you.

you mean the intelligence of 20 indians in PDF equal to one pakistani?? never thought an indian would put an end to the long lasting myth of 20 indians = 1 pakistani

nothing retarded about it. its a valid question
why not give Shia's and Ahmedis a chance to convert to deobani or whabi faith instead of just killing them?

you are very creative
nicely put.

i didnt know our mods supported retards, congrats another milestone of improving PDF moderation :rolleyes:

or either you should validify his statements of any attempts made to convert shias to sunni, the general perseption is that shias are muslims, just another sect of islam

I wonder why Pakistan with its powerful army can't chase this thugs and kill them all?Is there any will in Pakistan to stop this animals?

One Pakistani member were saying Iran is one of the major reasons in sectarian violence in Pakistan.I want to see where he is now,what will he say when reading this horrible incident?I hope other Pakistani members do not think like that.
Anywat,RIP to the dead,I pray for the victims and their families who lost their loved ones in last days of Ramadan.

I wonder why Pakistan with its powerful army can't chase this thugs and kill them all?Is there any will in Pakistan to stop this animals?

One Pakistani member were saying Iran is one of the major reasons in sectarian violence in Pakistan.I want to see where he is now,what will he say when reading this horrible incident?I hope other Pakistani members do not think like that.
Anywat,RIP to the dead,I pray for the victims and their families who lost their loved ones in last days of Ramadan.

the americans even succeeded to erase mussadiq and install a puppet in iran

pakistan is sorrounded by hostile neighbours all around

20 Shiites pulled off Pakistan bus and shot dead: officials

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — Gunmen dragged 20 Shiite Muslim travellers off a bus and killed them at point blank range in Pakistan on Thursday, the third such incident in six months, officials said.
The attack happened in the northwestern district of Mansehra as the bus was travelling between Rawalpindi, the headquarters of the Pakistani army, and the mainly Shiite northern city of Gilgit.
Officials said it was ambushed in the hills of Babusar Top, around 100 miles (160 kilometres) north of the capital Islamabad, although they differed over details of the incident.
"Ten to 12 people wearing army uniform stopped the bus and forced some people off the bus," said Khalid Omarzai, administration chief in Mansehra.
"After checking their papers, they opened fire and at least 20 people are reported to have been killed. This is initial information and the final toll may go up. They are all Shiites," he said.
Local police official Shafiq Gul told AFP that the gunmen were masked, but said the victims were pulled from three separate vehicles in the district, which neighbours the Swat valley, a former Taliban stronghold.
"They stopped three vehicles, searched them and picked up people in three batches of five, six and nine and shot them dead. They were all Shiites," he said.
Mansehra police chief Sher Akbar Khan put the toll at 19, saying the attackers had worn military commando uniforms when they opened fire at around 6.00 am (0100 GMT).
"They intercepted three buses, took people out and checked their ID cards and later sprayed bullets at them," Khan said.
Sectarian violence linked to Gilgit, a popular tourist destination for wealthy Pakistanis and expatriates who live in the country, has increased in recent months.
It is the capital of Pakistan's far northern Gilgit-Baltistan region and is popular with mountaineers as a gateway to the Karakoram and Himalayan mountain ranges.
Angry mobs burnt tyres and blocked roads in some parts of the city to protest against the killings as extra police patrolled deserted streets and markets closed, said an AFP reporter in Gilgit.
The chief minister of Gilgit-Baltistan, Syed Mehdi Shah, called an emergency meeting of top officials and ordered them to step up security and demanded the immediate arrest of the killers, a spokesman said.
The road from Babusar to Gilgit has been closed indefinitely, the local government added.
On February 28, gunmen in military fatigues hauled 18 Shiite Muslim men off buses travelling from Rawalpindi to Gilgit in the northern district of Kohistan, shooting them dead in cold blood.
On April 3, a Sunni Muslim mob dragged nine Shiite Muslims from buses and also shot them dead in the town of Chilas, about 60 miles south of Gilgit.
Human rights groups have heavily criticised Pakistan for failing to crack down on sectarian violence between the country's majority Sunni and minority Shiite communities that has killed thousands.
Separately, gunmen on a motorcycle pulled three Shiites from a rickshaw and shot them dead in the southwestern Pakistani city of Quetta, police said.
Nobody immediately claimed the responsibility for the killings which took place at Arbab Karam Khan Road, a middle-class neighbourhood of Quetta, the capital of Baluchistan province, police official Noor Baksh told AFP.
Baluchistan has also been a flashpoint for violence between Sunnis and Shiites, who account for around 20 percent of the population, that has left thousands of people dead since the late 1980s.

AFP: 20 Shiites pulled off Pakistan bus and shot dead: officials

Gunmen execute 22 in Pakistan bus attack

(Reuters) - Gunmen in north-west Pakistan ambushed three buses, forced passengers out and shot 22 of them dead in a sectarian attack at dawn on Thursday, officials said.

The officials said about 15 armed men wearing army uniforms checked the identification cards of the passengers and then opened fire after learning they were Shi'ites.

"It is confirmed at least 22 people are dead," said a senior police official.

The Darra Adam Khel faction of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), the Pakistan Taliban, claimed responsibility for the attack.

"We have targeted them (Shi'ites) because they are enemies of Sunnis and conspire against us. We will continue such attacks in the future," Mohammed Afridi, a spokesman for the faction, told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.

The director of police in the north-western city of Gilgit, Ali Sher, said the buses were stopped in the Lulusar area, which lies below mountains.

Pakistan is a majority Sunni Muslim country and attacks targeting Shi'ites have increased this year in the area around Gilgit. In February, gunmen killed 18 Shi'ite bus passengers in the district of Kohistan.

Eight militants and one soldier were killed on Thursday when Islamist fighters armed with rocket-propelled grenades and automatic weapons fought their way into one of Pakistan's largest air bases, the air force said.

The attack on the Minhas air base at Kamra, central Punjab province, was repelled and only one aircraft was damaged, an air force spokesman said. The TTP claimed responsibility for the assault.

(Reporting by Jibran Ahmad in PESHAWAR and Sheree Sardar in ISLAMABAD; Additional reporting by Saud Mehsud in DERA ISMAIL KHAN; Editing by Daniel Magnowski and Pravin Char)

Gunmen execute 22 in Pakistan bus attack | Reuters

inna,P20lillahe.jpg.pagespeed.ce.ECMuAbR9dg.jpg

May Allah's blessing on the deceased.

My heart is bleeding today..What is happening to my Pakistan (Pak Sarzameen) ??

What else can you expect from a country which allow dual citizenship its law makers and security officials.

Very sad... Condolences to ones who lost their loved ones, let their souls R.I.P

Which lady are you talking about sir ? I am sorry I considered you a lady..Sincere apologies..I am sorry Batman, I did not know you are a girl..May Allah shower his blessings on you my Sister.

Yaaraa you quoted username 'Ajtr' on that thread not Batman ! Or am I mistaken ?

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3317282 said:
you mean the intelligence of 20 indians in PDF equal to one pakistani?? never thought an indian would put an end to the long lasting myth of 20 indians = 1 pakistani

i didnt know our mods supported retards, congrats another milestone of improving PDF moderation :rolleyes:

or either you should validify his statements of any attempts made to convert shias to sunni, the general perseption is that shias are muslims, just another sect of islam

yaar leave it

no need to get into pi$$ contest. consider the incident and give some respect to dead.forget the otherside lets do it from our side
I dont support bad behaviour but there was nothing that offensive that needed your level of reaction.

but like I said lets leave it

if you are not happy we can continue in PM

take care

Why not just let them practice their faith in their own way?

A question of the ages that could be asked in just about any country.

Why not allow others to find God in their own way in their own time?

Because if i stop looking at the errors of others i have to start looking at my own, so much easier to belive that there is a free ticket to paradise. No worries about living a good life of prayer and charity, drink lie cheat vist all the prostitutes you like, kill some one and its hello Jannah.

very sad and tragic incident. These animals lack tolerance and kill anyone who don't agree with their interpretation of Islam. i am sunni and let suppose shia has wrong interpretation of Islam as these fanatics suggest but does it mean you should go and kill them?

I guess same incident happened at same place few months ago

Last edited by a moderator:
The following article illustrates why terrorism is rampant in Pakistan.

Militants in mosques

Ershad Mahmud
Friday, August 17, 2012

The recent terrorist attack on the airforce base in Kamra reminds me of last Friday’s prayers wherein I strongly realised that the present peace is fragile and violence can revisit us anytime in the days ahead. As luck would have it, I incidentally bumped into a mosque to offer prayers and experienced the unexpected. The mosque, which is just a couple of miles from Pakistan’s military headquarters, was filled with worshippers but the sermon was not delivered by the local imam. Instead a young and fairly well-built man was addressing the people from the pulpit. After listening to him a little I thought that he would make a traditional anti-American diatribe where the United States is roundly criticised for all the evils bedevilling the Muslim world.

But he suddenly took a turn to enliven the last two decades of the previous century of ‘jihadi’ activism. A returnee from the battlefront in Paktia, Afghanistan, he flaunted his heroics of ‘jihad’ against the USA-led Nato forces. Chest-thumping he claimed that he had killed several ‘enemies’ in his two years service, he boasted of several successes against the US forces.

In his words, the Taliban are winning the battle in Afghanistan and the US has been forced to run for its life. This young ‘mujahid’ sent us into a state of déjà vu when he asked the worshippers to spare at least one of their sons for the holy ‘jihad’ as this was the ripe time to inflict maximum destruction on the enemy which is on the run. So they could win the final round. He promised his group had arrangements in place for military training of such aspirant ‘jihadis’. Not quite long ago this was the routine practice in Pakistani mosques.

He cleverly appealed to the collective emotion of the people by bringing in the case of Aafia Siddiqui, an American-educated Pakistani woman who was sentenced to 86 years by the US court for terror charges. He told the audience that ‘mujahedeen’ had taken oath not to rest till she was released from the US prison.

Probably the financial crunch had forced this man to fall back on the old tactics of raising funds during Friday prayers in Pakistani mosques. He made an appeal to the people that the Taliban needed huge financial resources to continue this war as a small operation would require huge financial input. He convincingly asked everyone to contribute as much as they could. Pointing towards his colleagues at the gate, who were combing their long beards with their fingers, the speaker said that they would collect the charity and facilitate the recruitment. At the end of the prayers I noticed people queuing up at the gate to contribute whatever they could for ‘jihad’.

It was a baffling experience for me as I was of the view that radical activism in such a way was a thing of the past, at least in urban centres. The government has taken several steps to dismantle the infrastructure of these groups and open activism is banned. There are also programmes for de-radicalisation of militant youth in order to rehabilitate them and bring them back into mainstream society.

However, it seems that the state has largely failed to stop these groups from routine activities of raising funds and recruiting fresh blood in the name of jihad in Afghanistan. This is just one example and there are surely more but one wonders if the top guns at the policy level know of such development. As this personal experience shows, counterinsurgency efforts have not yet produced the desired results and need close introspection at the top level. Such brazen escapades of ‘jihadism’ in mosques in the centre of the country fly in the face of Pakistan which vehemently rejects any mention of Pakistan being used by terror groups for terror activities in Afghanistan. Straight denial and negligence of such activities will not do it good.

Sherry Rehman, Pakistan’s ambassador to the US, had to face embarrassment recently in a public meeting at Washington when she criticised the coalition forces for not being able to stop Afghan terror groups from intruding into Pakistan’s territory and attacking the army and civilians alike. An American official slapped her with a counter question as to why her country was not doing anything to stop infiltration of terror groups into Afghanistan in the first hand. How could Pakistan expect Afghanistan or the US to do what they have been asking it to do for a very long time?

Although this is not an excuse but the Pakistani state is fast becoming an ineffective state and has failed to establish the rule of law in the country. The government’s ability to police and timely gather intelligence seems flawed as well, and not much has been delivered. These groups know and exploit this weakness and thus take advantage of it.

A comprehensive counterinsurgency strategy should be adopted and seriously implement which should also target mosque committees warning them of consequences if banned outfits are allowed to go about their activities. This is a critical time for Pakistan to put its house in order and eschew any negligence or tolerance of such radical groups.

The writer is Islamabad-based freelance journalist and consultant.

ErshadMahmud

Militants in mosques - Ershad Mahmud

Back
Top Bottom