What's new

Acts of Terrorism in pakistan I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the tailbans? first lets answer this question. Tailbans were people created by pakistan with the help of CIA to counter the russian invasion in afghanistan. Now wasnt that our interest to counter the soviets in afghanistan then, so tailbans were fighting for our cause.
Now lets take an example of afghanistan, do you think that this current government of karzai, is in favour of pakistan, or the five indian counsalates in afganistan are in favour of pakistan? Pakistan was much stable during the tailbans rule in afghanistan then this current regime. How many sucide bombs exploded in pakistan during the tailbans rule in afghanistan or how many chinese were killed duirng the tailbans rule in afghainstan or how many PA personal were taken hostage during the tailbans rule in afghanistan?
Take your time to answer these questions and you would know who was in favour of pakistan, the tailbans or this war against them, which not only has made tailban our enemy but another enemy in the name of afghanistan whos puppet government is playing in the hands of the indians and we now have to divert our assests on the afghanistan border instead of just focusing on the indians and not to mention the instability that we can see in pakistan, the bomb explosions the kidnapping..................

I see nobody has answered your questions

I see nobody has answered your questions

because 70% think i am wrong, 20% think i am completely gone out of my mind, 10% maybe think i am write.
Anyhow i still stand by my idea, that joining this war has given us nothing instead destabilize pakistan more unless anyone can prove it otherwise.

Ice, if you read my following post, i did publicly apologize for the post. I try my best to be as detached from emotions as possible while debating. My earlier rant was in extremely bad taste and i apologize again.

By the way, i do deserve a little of what you gave me still.

I did read them as well, but couldnt resist my self from not replying to what you said earlier. Anyhow all said and done no hard feelings:cheers:

because 70% think i am wrong, 20% think i am completely gone out of my mind, 10% maybe think i am write.
Anyhow i still stand by my idea, that joining this war has given us nothing instead destabilize pakistan more unless anyone can prove it otherwise.

Bro i totally agree with your standpoint.

When this started it was about capturing al qaeda members was it not.
Mushy said we where only going to allow US forces an air corridor into afghanistan to carry out there bombing raids......fair enough we could not stop them so we had no choice in the matter.
Then we let them set up some bases in pakistan.......is it me imagining things but is there not a timeline link between the setting up of the US bases and the fighting in baluchistan?
Then we where told pak army had to move into FATA and start arresting "Foreigners" which slowly turned into fighting the tribals.
Add to the this indian/NA involvment and we have a serious problem.
This is a slippery slope to disaster that the indians and the west know will lead to greater strife in pakistan,weakening the army,dividing the people ect.
The problem is the majority have been mentally conditioned from the past 6/7 years off the mass media offensive against any form of resistance ,be it iraq or afghanistan as terrorism.
Just to give one example of "lemming mentality" is the total acceptance by the majority of people that somehow attacks on NATO/US will come to a stop if the pak govt seals the NWFP border with afghanistan......they fail to answer when it is pointed out that the majority of attacks on NATO forces are in helmand province...which is nowhere near the NWFP.
When the idea of mining the border was suggested why was the US/afghan govt so against it?

The idea about mining the boderarea is a correct one and even if the US and afghanistan is so against it, its the responsibility of our government to do it forcefully rather waiting for the green light from washintion.
Western media is full of anti pakistan crap.

The idea about mining the boderarea is a correct one and even if the US and afghanistan is so against it, its the responsibility of our government to do it forcefully rather waiting for the green light from washintion.
Western media is full of anti pakistan crap.

mining the border area will give huge negative publicity, because of the ottawa treaty.

Pakistan is not bound by that treaty and so can plant them.

Unless you heavily mine the area and keep maps for and have round-the-clock continuous survellaince, the mines do not stop even nominal amount. Also understand, that those who want to come need only a single pathway to enter. So one for a border of 1000 kms, without fence for stopping human traffic, minimum 10 metres width and one-two mines for a meter, you need 1000 * 1000 *10 (*cost of mine +digging). Better option would be to fence and mine only in passes. America is not able to completely seal off its border with mexico, India has not been able to do it in Kashmir. I frankly would not be giving more than 1% chance of Pakistan to succeed in this. Fences do not stop who definitely want to come like the terrorists/such. They become a pain in the neck for the normal people and people with humanitarian needs.

Also expect that for every one person due to heavy mining (which happens periodically), if the afghan side decides to leak out news, they will give bad publicity.

Where were those well-armed people before 9/11, before US occupied afghanistan. How many sucide bombs were exploded in pakistan before 9/11, before joining the coliation forces? None.
Now see against the aid and few damn old f-16s, whats at stake? Sucide bombing, another enemy in the name of afghanistan? Do you want me to point out more.

you mean as long as these pigs were killing the shias that wasnt considered suicide bombings in your eyes.

funny how you hate the west yet you still live and enjoy it hypocrisy to the max.

A suicide bombing is a suicide bombing, be it directed against Shias, Sunnis or anyone!

It is a cowardly attack.

mining the border area will give huge negative publicity, because of the ottawa treaty.

Pakistan is not bound by that treaty and so can plant them.

Unless you heavily mine the area and keep maps for and have round-the-clock continuous survellaince, the mines do not stop even nominal amount. Also understand, that those who want to come need only a single pathway to enter. So one for a border of 1000 kms, without fence for stopping human traffic, minimum 10 metres width and one-two mines for a meter, you need 1000 * 1000 *10 (*cost of mine +digging). Better option would be to fence and mine only in passes. America is not able to completely seal off its border with mexico, India has not been able to do it in Kashmir. I frankly would not be giving more than 1% chance of Pakistan to succeed in this. Fences do not stop who definitely want to come like the terrorists/such. They become a pain in the neck for the normal people and people with humanitarian needs.

Also expect that for every one person due to heavy mining (which happens periodically), if the afghan side decides to leak out news, they will give bad publicity.

To hell with the ottawa treaty or what ever it is called. we need to evaluate our interest and make planning according to it. Though i agree with you that minning the are withnt stop the infltration 100% still it will give us the leverage we want. MInning and fanceing together can be done accordingly which can help to stop this infltration, even to some extent i would call it a success, because there isnt any other option, the thing i hate it why the hell is government looking for afghan governments green light, they wouldnt allow it, we have to make a decision our selves

you mean as long as these pigs were killing the shias that wasnt considered suicide bombings in your eyes.

funny how you hate the west yet you still live and enjoy it hypocrisy to the max.

Its funny how you call them pigs when these pigs are a pakistani creation and people from pakistan so calling them pigs would be like you are calling yourself and other pakistanies pigs.
The shias you were talking about, they were the shumali ithaad sponsered by india who was an enemy to pakistan, funny it is how you started carring about them. Because of the tailban russian invasion was stoped otherwise pakistan would had been the next target. Why do you forget that if the US hadnt left the area unattented this wouldnt had been at the first place.

I still live it and enjoy it! dude you no nothing about me and if you would, you wouldnt say something like this, i can easily settle up in USA or canada, my father was a US citizen, yet i prefer to stay in my own country, i have done my masters in canada, and surely i was getting a job with double the amount of money i earn here in pakistan, still i prefer to stay in my own country.

Pakistan is not bound by that treaty and so can plant them. .

So whats the point of bringing up the Ottawa treaty if the pak govt has not joined it......

Pakistan is one of the worlds biggest producers of land mines,theres enough to seal the border twice over.
Normal people can cross at checkpoints like normal people do,terrorist can get there a*s blown away trying to cross it illegally....."bad publicity" so what.
Korea's done a good jod of sealing its border,so had india in kashmir taking the lull in fighting to fence and mine the border.
No sorry your argument is flawed,pakistan can mine/fence the whole border easily at a much lower cost to the economy and army then what is taking place now....over a 1000 soldiers dead and millions spent on trying to subdue the area with no success.
It is the afghan that do not want the border sealed so the can keep sending terrorist into pakistan with indian help.

What is your fascination with pigs and shias?

10 soldiers killed in Pakistan - Yahoo! News

QUOTE[Maj. Gen. Waheed Arshad, the spokesman for Pakistan's army, confirmed to Pakistan's private Geo news channels that 10 soldiers were killed and six wounded, but he would not say what caused the blast.

The two intelligence officials also said the victims belonged to the army's Karar commando group, which has participated in operations against militants in various parts of the country in recent years.]QUOTE

Its just breaking news. I wonder if the suicide bomber was an outsider or SSG man. There are speculations that 3 CIA americans nationals died.

Best Regards

Ps : I just posted this on the SSG thread also but maybe someone can start a new thread for this story itself.

Its a sad news. May allah bless their souls and give peace to their families.Ameen

Another bad news for us friends:
(ISLAMABAD: A blast in a high-security military area in Tarbela Ghazi near Islamabad killed 20 people and wounded various people on Thursday, a security official said.

The bomb exploded in the mess of Karar Company of S.S.G.in the cantonment area of Tarbela Ghazi naear Islamabad.

It may be recalled that the Karar Company had participated in the Lal Masjid operation.

According to the Geo News reporter, the officials feared that it might be a suicide attack.

Dinner was being taken in the mess when the bomb exploded.

According to the sources, the communication and wireless system of security agencies was also affected by the explosion.

The wounded are immediately being shifted to Islamabad hospitals whereas the security forces have cordoned the affected area. Trauma centre of the CMH and MH is on high alert.

DG of ISPR, Major General Waheed Arshad confirming the blast told that it cannot be said at the moment that what was the type of the explosion.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom