What's new

Accept Indian aid, no role for politics in disaster: US to Pak

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF crap is this? Do guys have any sense when you post on this forum. I don't kniw why such guys are allowed on this forum.

:angry:

please check post no 8 in my reply

how beautiful he accept and try to change

you have to understand its peoples make a nation strong not army or weapons

accept the truth and make something better

India and Pakistan should come out of streotypes and start behaving like sensible persons. How long we will keep talking about past, instead of making sensible decision's now. Hope good sense prevail, common Pakistani's need help and we seriously want to help our brother. Let's start giving positive moves a chance.

no Pakistan should not accept Indian aid

and let the poor suffer ? w/o medicine, food & water ? come to reality dear..think of little kids...& old ..how can u people be so inhumane ?
People who write & read BS on their laptops can indulge while thousands get fell sick & die

any link if you can find please i would find it but im on the phone with my girl! it would help us to put the idea! if you don't mind lol

Pakistan Aids Quake-Ridden India

By RAMOLA TALWAR, Associated Press Writer

AHMEDABAD, India (AP) - Pakistan put aside its bitter rivalry with India on Tuesday and joined earthquake relief efforts, but heavy equipment and explosives brought in to clear debris signaled that hope of finding survivors had all but vanished.

Experts say few people could survive more than 100 hours buried in rubble left by Friday's temblor, and much of the attention shifted to getting tents, blankets and medical care to the living.

Officials have counted 7,148 bodies, but estimates of how high the death toll could rise varied widely. Defense Minister George Fernandes estimated 100,000 may have died; Home Minister Haren Pandya said he believed the figure to be between 15,000 and 20,000.

Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee said it was impossible and improper to guess.

Aid from around the world was pouring into western India: a 747 loaded with water purification equipment from the United States, a $500,000 mobile hospital from Denmark and an air force plane filled with tents and blankets from Pakistan. With nighttime temperatures about 41 degrees in the quake zone, blankets were a high priority.

``I have come on a humanitarian mission,'' said Ilyas Khan, director of Pakistan's emergency relief agency, adding: ``People are suffering.''

Pakistan, which has fought three wars with India and is locked in a nuclear Cold War with its rival, said a second relief plane would be sent Wednesday and a third on Thursday.

Friday's magnitude-7.9 quake flattened the towns of Bhuj and Anjar in India's western Gujarat state, which borders Pakistan, leaving damage estimated at up to $5.5 billion. Despite aftershocks with magnitudes ranging up to 4.5 in the Bhuj area, there were no reports of new damage or casualties.

Rescue workers kept up the dark task of digging into the debris of ruined buildings, but they called the search for survivors increasingly futile. With Tuesday afternoon passed the critical 100-hour mark since the quake struck.

``We talk about a limit of 100 hours, when after that the chances of finding someone alive drop dramatically,'' said Jochen Jakowski, the leader of a German rescue team in Anjar. ``It is close to a world record if we find someone after 100 hours.''

A spokesman for a Swiss search and rescue team said his workers were still going at full strength in Ahmedabad , Gujarat's commercial center. However, they withdrew from Bhuj after failing to find any survivors there Tuesday.

``The chances of finding someone are very, very slight, although we haven't given up hope entirely,'' Joachim Ahrens, spokesman for the Swiss Department of Development and Cooperation, said from Geneva.

In the wreckage, however, there were a few miracles Tuesday. Among them was 16-year-old Ketan Rathod, pulled from the rubble alive in Anjar, where he was caught under concrete with his dead grandmother for 96 hours. And British experts pulled a 24-year-old man out of his destroyed home in Bhuj.

James Brown, head of the British search and rescue team, said the successful recovery inspired the team to continue its efforts for at least another 24 hours.

But workers in Anjar were also beginning to use heavy equipment to clear the debris - a sign that they no longer fear injuring anyone still trapped alive. In Ahmedabad, soldiers used explosives to bring down teetering buildings that endangered the living.

The stench of death was everywhere. Mourners wore face coverings as they watched victims be cremated; soldiers burned incense as they persevered in the grim work of looking for bodies.

Much of the rescue work was being carried out by some of the 20,000 troops India sent to respond to the disaster. The national government pledged money to help Gujarat recover, and Indians across the nation were also digging into their pockets to contribute.

U.S. Embassy spokesman Gordon Duguid said the 747 - which was also carrying blankets and other aid - was too big to land in Bhuj, so its cargo would be broken up into smaller loads and ferried to Gujarat on Indian air force planes. The United States has pledged $5 million in emergency supplies.

The International Red Cross on Tuesday started a massive relief operation and appealed for $15.8 million in aid. The U.N. Children's Fund said it would provide at least $8 million immediately.

please check post no 8 in my reply

how beautiful he accept and try to change

you have to understand its peoples make a nation strong not army or weapons

accept the truth and make something better

Well if he has tried to repond to you it isn't necessary for me to respond to insane BS. You just showed your perception about your rival and I am not obliged to change. We know about our country very well and we don't need to answer every BS on this forum.

That was a great gesture from Pakistan providing help to rescue common people.

Even we have ideological differences, lets just restrict them to armies and militarization. I don't think civilians on both sides of the countries should suffer in any case.

I hope India can find other ways to offer help. I would be disappointed if it doesn't do so. India should send more doctors and food!

That was a great gesture from Pakistan providing help to rescue common people.

Even we have ideological differences, lets just restrict them to armies and militarization. I don't think civilians on both sides of the countries should suffer in any case.

I hope India can find other ways to offer help. I would be disappointed if it doesn't do so. India should send more doctors and food!

NGO to NGO link is always welcomed

I don't understand one thing, why we Indian are justifying what we are doing? why we are raising the question of humanity? our GoI did what her suppose to do. now ball is in Pakistan's court. let them decide what is best for their country. we don't need to convince anyone that please accept our help. GOP is better know what should do, pakistanis better know their requirement. so just restrain ourselves in replying.

when we can't fullfill economic supports for victems ourself, then we should be ashamed and accept this good will help from india.... nothing to be idiotic in it. give up hate for each other , these helpings can bring peace in region .

India doesn't want to give the aid through NGO as its funds might be diverted. I have to agree that JuD has done a great job helping the earthquake victims and also it's doing all it can now to help the civilians. But because of its concerns about the funds being diverted to sources that might encourage terrorism, India might have chosen a safer option of providing the aid through Govt of Pakistan.

I wonder know why India didn't explore the option of providing relief through UN.

I don't understand one thing, why we Indian are justifying what we are doing? why we are raising the question of humanity? our GoI did what her suppose to do. now ball is in Pakistan's court. let them decide what is best for their country. we don't need to convince anyone that please accept our help. GOP is better know what should do, pakistanis better know their requirement. so just retrain ourselves in replying.

All true until Uncle Sam said "Accept Indian aid" , Why a third party come's between two nations ?

but have you ever think why Pakistan face this condition

well frankly now Pakistan s worst then Bangladesh or Nepal only your army your isi is responsible

they never think about developments growth happiness they think how to make trouble for India

at last allah ka kahar tutha hia pakistan par

Lets bash the army some more shall we, in case you have been living under a rock for the past 2-3 weeks, the army has been more active than any other arm of the government in aid and rescue operations.

Tis the army who are fighting the militancy, tis the army who are securing the borders.

Whilst obama's speech has some merit, India did something very similar in 2004: Govt refuses foreign aid to fight disaster - India - The Times of India

Nations should not dictate terms and conditions, and same works for Pakistan. In times of need we should not see the colour of our flags or our religious beliefs but rely on the unity of the human spirit.

I welcome Indian aid to Pakistan, however i don't appreciate our country being dictated to or being compared to Uganda or Nepal. Thank you very much!

WTF is wrong with Indian members? why you guys are pressing the pakistanis to take aid from us. it is their country, their people and their decision. let them discuss let them decide. why are we giving unnecessary inputs. they have their own apprehensions just respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom