What's new

ABP India Summit 2023: Javed Akhtar Saw "No Visible Poverty" in Lahore, Pakistan

Yup. Lived 12 years in Naperville, IL. Never once went to the south side.

WTF, they have Pharaohs standing guard at the cantonments LOL
That’s DHA but the analogy isn’t any different

Pretty nice areas to live, to be sure. And secure in terms of buying and selling transactions and secure ownership, which is a HUGE thing in a country known for widespread frauds of all kinds.
Lol - sure

You want a file to move any faster you better have a hefty sum ready for certain majors or colonels. Then you can come for the “secure” computerized biometrics

You mean multi ethnic countries formed from remains of former empires .

Where later one ethnicity forced it's will on others leading to collapse

Like India ??
Who can do it?

You tried in Punjab. Failed.

You tried in Kashmir. Failed.

@jamahir types tried with naxalites. Failed.

I don't know the situation in North East. So I won't comment.

But I know that we gained in Sikkim.

A person will spend his life saving on building a house.
This doesn't count as outlook. Building even multiple houses is a basic need. People having multiple kids bequeth a house to each one.

Pretty similar - its like touring Chicago loop and finding things mostly clean and neat unless you go to particular neighborhoods. I like it to a New York vs Chicago deal - NY looks fancy and glitter but actually stinks like F.. while Chicago is actually pretty clean overall but that’s because all the stuff is neatly hidden away.
NYC is the greatest city on planet earth if it wasn't so filthy, smelled like crap and expensive ah

Other than that it's awesome, vibes are just insane

I guess this is the proof that Pakistan has a vast undocumented economy and conditions aren't as bad as they're made out to be. I have seen the glamour of the elites of Lahore (they have good housing authorities, access to hormone replacement therapy and many more first world amenities), but never the poverty of Lahore. It seems all the poor people of Pakistan live in Peshawar, Karachi and other cities where documentaries show orphan children roaming in the streets and gun violence.
Poverty definitely exists but it's nowhere near what you would expect. I have noticed a massive disparity between reality and the "stats" or the doom and gloom news articles which tend to depict a Pakistan on the verge of economic collapse.

Poverty definitely exists but it's nowhere near what you would expect. I have noticed a massive disparity between reality and the "stats" or the doom and gloom news articles which tend to depict a Pakistan on the verge of economic collapse.
Cause you are from Sialkot and I in Lahore or someone's from Karachi or peshwar - we wouldn't know ALL of Pakistan

Rural Pakistan is probably struggling, some whole districts are probably suffering - we are seeing things from a bubble

Cause you are from Sialkot and I in Lahore or someone's from Karachi or peshwar - we wouldn't know ALL of Pakistan

Rural Pakistan is probably struggling, some whole districts are probably suffering - we are seeing things from a bubble
I have travelled around, would regularly visit our relatives that lived in rural Punjab. Haven't been to Balochistan, Sindh or South Punjab though, so perhaps you're right.

Pakistan has a very high infant and maternal mortality rate and a low average life expectancy
these are the most crucial parameters which define the quality of life of an average individual in a region or state
Remember parameters like GDP Per capita or literacy rate can be inaccurate because the definition or the calculation methodology can be different in different countries and it’s very difficult to calculate GDP it’s always inaccurate
but so is not the case with average life expectancy or infant and maternal mortality rate these parameters are more or less accurate a rich country Will always have higher average life expectancy and lower infant and maternal mortality rate

Pakistan has a very high infant and maternal mortality rate and a low average life expectancy
these are the most crucial parameters which define the quality of life of an average individual in a region or state
Remember parameters like GDP Per capita or literacy rate can be inaccurate because the definition or the calculation methodology can be different in different countries and it’s very difficult to calculate GDP it’s always inaccurate
but so is not the case with average life expectancy or infant and maternal mortality rate these parameters are more or less accurate a rich country Will always have higher average life expectancy and lower infant and maternal mortality rate
Life expectancy in South Asia (years)
All Male Female
23px-Flag_of_Sri_Lanka.svg.png
Sri Lanka
23px-Flag_of_Bhutan.svg.png
Bhutan
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India
16px-Flag_of_Nepal.svg.png
Nepal

Infant mortality in South Asia (per 1000)

India *

NYC is the greatest city on planet earth if it wasn't so filthy, smelled like crap and expensive ah

Other than that it's awesome, vibes are just insane
NY looks fancy and glitter but actually stinks
New York City stinks? This is surprising.

Serious or sarcasm?

If serious, what is the source of the stink?

Life expectancy in South Asia (years)
All Male Female
23px-Flag_of_Bhutan.svg.png
Bhutan
India
16px-Flag_of_Nepal.svg.png
Nepal

Infant mortality in South Asia (per 1000)

India *
yeah and you want us to take these figure with pinch of salt right ?

paksitan with having hundreds of children hospitals and modern children health facilitates have infant mortality more then stone age Afghanistan where there is not a single operational hospital today . a whole Afghanistan come to Pakistan for treatment of even cold and flu .

yeah and you want us to take these figure with pinch of salt right ?

paksitan with having hundreds of children hospitals and modern children health facilitates have infant mortality more then stone age Afghanistan where there is not a single operational hospital today . a whole Afghanistan come to Pakistan for treatment of even cold and flu .
That surprised me too. I looked up and found the data comes from World Bank Survey. Systematic measurements can sometimes bely our assumptions.

For Afghanistan:
Latest household surveyDemographic and Health Survey, 2015

For Pakistan:
Latest household surveyPakistan Maternal Mortality Survey Other Data , 2019

That surprised me too. I looked up and found the data comes from World Bank Survey. Systematic measurements can sometimes bely our assumptions.

For Afghanistan:
Latest household surveyDemographic and Health Survey, 2015

For Pakistan:
Latest household surveyPakistan Maternal Mortality Survey Other Data , 2019

because USA was in afghanistan back then so numbers must be good . and pakistan is bad boy . these figures are joke . if we close border this is what happen even before taliban in 2020

Afghans jostling for visas to Pakistan spark stampede, killing 15​

afghanistan.jpg

16033330405f90ebb0b2f7d.jpeg

afghanistan.jpg

16033330665f90ebca5dcff.jpeg

because USA was in afghanistan back then so numbers must be good . and pakistan is bad boy . these figures are joke . if we close border this is what happen even before taliban in 2020

Afghans jostling for visas to Pakistan spark stampede, killing 15​

afghanistan.jpg

16033330405f90ebb0b2f7d.jpeg

afghanistan.jpg

16033330665f90ebca5dcff.jpeg

There is a possibility that Afghanistan's lower rate of cousin marriages may have something to do with this (infant mortality).
In U.K.:
  • For most ethnic groups, immaturity-related conditions are the main cause of infant mortality, however, for Bangladeshi and Pakistani ethnic groups the main cause is congenital anomalies.

Back
Top Bottom