What's new

Abbasi gives go-ahead to PIA, PSM privatisation

Will believe it when it actually happens.
Yes, I notice how PIA privatization is deferred. What is the reason? Unions? Lobby?

Free Pakistan from this toxic useless entity.
I agree. Instead of making profit it costs the taxpayer $ billions. Imagine the miles of motorway, schools, hospitals, money to uplit the poor that could have benefited the country. Instead all wasted and every year more waiting to be wasted.

problem is huge liabilities, PIA debt liabilities are over 4 billion dollars, almost all of it was accumulated recently(this is the debt not the lossess that were covered via national cheque)..its equal to amount of funding required for much needed strategic bhasha dam(and 35% of the cost)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st real reforms among the so many promises in PML N era
we didnt saw power reforms(smart meters program via AB axed) or any tax reforms or ease doing business reforms but it seems privatization is moving

this is also an anticipation of future, now that PMLN is confident its going to clean sweep next elections its taking risky decisions(in haste) as it has prepare itself for next IMF bailout which will happen soon after elections

CAD crisis created by PML N is repeat history of an artificial crisis created by PPPP in last year of their tenure

You realize PPP have majority in senate and now they have brought Balochistan assembly lotas for senate horse trading.

Blame for PIA/PSM debacle goes to PPP as they depend on corrupt appointments for political gains which rest of Pakistanis pay dearly.

You realize PPP have majority in senate and now they have brought Balochistan assembly lotas for senate horse trading.

Blame for PIA/PSM debacle goes to PPP as they depend on corrupt appointments for political gains which rest of Pakistanis pay dearly.
really do you even have conscious?? i understanding lying is one thing but to this extent you even put devil to shame!

first legislation has nothing to do with privatization,
as it already exist, govt central committees has enough power to do this

second govt has clear majority both in lower house and upper house(senate), yes it doesnt control senate but it should not have any major issues with respect to senate

privatizing steels mills and PIA was a political decision, as PML N were not sure about their political position, now that they know that they will win 2018 election with ease they are moving forward, other factors like IMF pressure(for new upcoming bailout) and some people want to make money are also there

the truth is that govt will not be able to complete this, as time required for legal requirement is at least 4-6 months, so in end people would make money and institutes will not be privitized either

Sale in 1 rs
impossible, i doubt you can even sell it for negative 2 billion dollars(2.2 kharab rupees), enough to make a hospital in every district of pakistan or put a decent size hospital in every tehsil( 1100 tehsils assuming that a 80 bed hospital will cost around 20 crore rupees with equipment)
today i wish it wouldnt have been far better we didnt had PIA, we could have built a university, college and tertery class hospital in every district of pakistan

this money instead ended up in swiss bank via money laundering machine a.k.a PIA

in latest updates per 24news, total govt liabilities have extended to 11 billion dollars for govt organizations, this along with 8 billion dollars of circular debt and billions of dollars spent from govt budget in debt serving of these liabilities and previous spending means that we spent amount equal to CPEC in corruption

issue with govt insitutes is easy, it doesnt matter if its loss making or not, its an avenue for corruption and hence shouldn't exist with the govt

really do you even have conscious?? i understanding lying is one thing but to this extent you even put devil to shame!

first legislation has nothing to do with privatization,
as it already exist, govt central committees has enough power to do this

second govt has clear majority both in lower house and upper house(senate), yes it doesnt control senate but it should not have any major issues with respect to senate

privatizing steels mills and PIA was a political decision, as PML N were not sure about their political position, now that they know that they will win 2018 election with ease they are moving forward, other factors like IMF pressure(for new upcoming bailout) and some people want to make money are also there

the truth is that govt will not be able to complete this, as time required for legal requirement is at least 4-6 months, so in end people would make money and institutes will not be privitized either

You forgot what happened last time N league tried to privatise PIA? Remember PPP protests and how PTI joined them because why not.

Hopefully first thing gov do after GE is sell of PIA for good.

You forgot what happened last time N league tried to privatise PIA? Remember PPP protests and how PTI joined them because why not.

Hopefully first thing gov do after GE is sell of PIA for good.
so, doesnt PMLN claim they are best and most honest party, we know PTI and PPPP are stooges right..so, my question can PTI/PPPP stop privitization?..answer is absolutely not

Back
Top Bottom