What's new

A way out for new army chief

Fighting TTP doesn't mean that you bombard your own areas with heavy artillery and aerial bombardment.
The people who's accounts needs to be checked are the previous two Administrations, not some journalist who is saying don't kill your own people

Wrror the people of the Tribal Areas need to be taken into confidence; we don't need to talk to the TTP but to the Tribes inhabiting FATA that what is there opinion about all of this & give them the mandate to negotiate on our behalf if they can or give them support if they'd want to act against these elements therein !

Fighting TTP doesn't mean that you bombard your own areas with heavy artillery and aerial bombardment.
The people who's accounts needs to be checked are the previous two Administrations, not some journalist who is saying don't kill your own people

How should Precise and accurate strikes should be conducted without aerial or artillery bombardment? If X shouldn't be done, then a similar solution Y should be presented with it. If not then what's point of giving an advice?

Wrror the people of the Tribal Areas need to be taken into confidence; we don't need to talk to the TTP but to the Tribes inhabiting FATA that what is there opinion about all of this & give them the mandate to negotiate on our behalf if they can or give them support if they'd want to act against these elements therein !

It happened in Bajaur. Salar Zaai tribe were empowered and was a successful model, why? because this tribe was not involved in any terrorist activity against PA. Now which tribes in N.waziristan should be empowered for talks with TTP when the dominating one itself is allied with TTP?

It happened in Bajaur. Salar Zaai tribe were empowered and was a successful model, why? because this tribe was not involved in any terrorist activity against PA. Now which tribes in N.waziristan should be empowered for talks with TTP when the dominating one itself is allied with TTP?

I think @Icarus would be the best person to talk about that but I don't think the Tribes are allied with the TTP; my own talks with the Tribals I know or I've encountered has led me to believe that the Tribals are sitting back & seeing how things pan out & by & large aren't taking sides in this conflict !

I remember I talked to an Elderly man from Bajaur once who told me that he grew Wheat or Maize (or something like that) on a plot of land adjacent to his house for his family's consumption; the TTP would come & take most of it as 'Jihad Contribution' per force of course & when the Army came to know about this they came & asked the crop to be cut down to deny the TTP the produce to take back with them - After that he just moved to one of the settled areas for livelihood purposes & washed his hands from the conflict altogether - He likes neither the Army nor the TTP for, in his opinion, both wronged him !

Abbb kahaa tukkk yeh baaat sahii haiii kahan tuk nahin kaun janeiii ?

That should be the model and that is what will bring peace to the tribal areas. We don't need to go with aerial bombardments but with ground forces, which can then negotiate with the local people and use there knowledge of the area to flash out the anti-state militants.
Also there should be compensation for any damage caused to property and infrastructure caused by the conflict.

How should Precise and accurate strikes should be conducted without aerial or artillery bombardment? If X shouldn't be done, then a similar solution Y should be presented with it. If not then what's point of giving an advice?

That should be the model and that is what will bring peace to the tribal areas. We don't need to go with aerial bombardments but with ground forces, which can then negotiate with the local people and use there knowledge of the area to flash out the anti-state militants.
Also there should be compensation for any damage caused to property and infrastructure caused by the conflict.

So which Tribes are not allied or are the major recruiting tribe for TTP and also holds a major influence which will make TTP listen to them?

The major tribes in the Wazirstans are Mehsud, Wazir, some Betani and some Khattaks as well. These tribes have been happy to be part of Pakistan for the past 60 years and there hasn't been an insurgency on the level, that we are seeing today.

TTP's leadership has always been from the Mehsud tribe, but most of the strikes carried in the more populated areas of Pakistan has been done by a very diverse group of people.
Today the head of TTP is Fazalullah who is from Swat, but Swat has been at peace since the Army opertaion a few years ago. Go to Swat today and you wouldn't find any sympathy for his group.
By the way the Swat TTP along with the leader Fazaullah are most probably based in Kunar today, what do you propose on doing about them?

So which Tribes are not allied or are the major recruiting tribe for TTP and also holds a major influence which will make TTP listen to them?

I think @Icarus would be the best person to talk about that but I don't think the Tribes are allied with the TTP; my own talks with the Tribals I know or I've encountered has led me to believe that the Tribals are sitting back & seeing how things pan out & by & large aren't taking sides in this conflict !

TTP may have some Tribal Leaders on board in areas they control but that is a necessary evil that they have to embrace to protect their Khanate. As soon as the Army enters the equation, the Khans ally with the Army.

I remember I talked to an Elderly man from Bajaur once who told me that he grew Wheat or Maize (or something like that) on a plot of land adjacent to his house for his family's consumption; the TTP would come & take most of it as 'Jihad Contribution' per force of course & when the Army came to know about this they came & asked the crop to be cut down to deny the TTP the produce to take back with them - After that he just moved to one of the settled areas for livelihood purposes & washed his hands from the conflict altogether - He likes neither the Army nor the TTP for, in his opinion, both wronged him !

That seems pretty accurate though people who's crops had been taken before the Army came were obliged to take crops from the Taliban's lands as per the custom.

Okay so we should withdraw from the tribal areas and allow TTP a propaganda victory?

Genius, aint he?

Its a stupid suggestion if ever there was one.

I find the title silly..why would a Chief want a ' way out' ? It should be a way forward.

The Chief does not need a way out..

Its a stupid suggestion if ever there was one.

I find the title silly..why would a Chief want a ' way out' ? It should be a way forward.

The Chief does not need a way out..

We want the chief to smash his way through!

Back
Top Bottom