What's new

A warning from Pakistan a day after Indian Army vows to avenge soldiers’ killing

Maarkhoor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A day after the Indian Army vowed to avenge the killing of four soldiers by Pakistani forces, the neighboring country’s Defence Minister, Khurram Dastagir, warned India of a “response” in case of a “misadventure” by it.

658446-indian-army-zee.jpg

A day after the Indian Army vowed to avenge the killing of four soldiers by Pakistani forces, the neighbouring country’s Defence Minister, Khurram Dastagir, warned India of a “response” in case of a “misadventure” by it.

"They (India) may have the right to start a misadventure but the right to respond, at what level and with what magnitude will be reserved by us," The Express Tribune quoted Dastagir as saying.

He also said that Pakistan was committed to the 2003 ceasefire agreement with India but said that it should not be interpreted as weakness to respond in case of a war. "Our commitment to abide by the ceasefire agreement is not a response limitation," the Defence Minister said.
The Pakistan minister further claimed that the Indian forces were involved in crimes against humanity in Kashmir. "It makes it incumbent on me to demand that there must be an international enquiry to determine the exact spectre of the crimes being committed by the Indian forces in Kashmir," he said.

Speaking at another event, the defence minister said that Islamabad retains the right to decide the measure and modicum of response to ceasefire violations by India.

Meanwhile, Pakistan also accused India of targeting and killing civilians along the Line of Control (LoC), and even summoned Indian deputy high commissioner JP Singh to register a protest. A report by Pakistan-based news organisation Dawn claimed that a woman and teenage boy got killed while seven others got injured in alleged firing by Indian forces.
A statement issued by the foreign office of Pakistan alleged that India violated ceasefire on Sunday in Nezapir, Nikial and Karela sectors. The country further claimed that India has resorted to as many as 190 ceasefire violations in 2018 so far and killed 13 civilians.

This comes a day after the Indian Army vowed to avenge the killing of four soldiers in ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Rajouri sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday. Army Vice Chief Sarath Chand said on Monday that India would give a befitting reply to Pakistan and its action will speak for itself.

“That (retaliation) goes without saying. I think I don't have to say that. Action will speak for itself. We will continue with our process of giving a befitting reply,” said Chand while speaking to media persons.
On Sunday, four Army personnel, including a Captain, were killed while four persons got injured after Pakistani troops opened "unprovoked and indiscriminate" firing across the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch and Rajouri districts.
http://zeenews.india.com/india/a-wa...-vows-to-avenge-soldiers-killing-2079003.html

When had this stopped?
Musharraf stopped this about 15 years ago. During the 90's when Pakistan was openly supporting the freedom fighters, India's government would regularly ask for ceasefires so all parties could come to the table and talk. Towards the end large parts of the Kashmir valley weren't even being patrolled by the Indian army as it was deemed to dangerous.

Maybe Musharraf had honourable intentions when he stopped support - maybe he was a coward, but instead of trying to make peace - India has been emboldened.

Excellent!! Lets kill some of those so they kill some of ours and then we call for revenge from our air conditioned offices while sipping coffee!! Adventurous Life!!

While i for one will always be support and calling for strong retaliation, i except the government officials (on BOTH sides) to have a coll head on their soldiers and normalize the situation. The Indian gov under the current extremist rule is enough danger to peace, we do not need hot shots blowing things further out of proportion.

Excellent!! Lets kill some of those so they kill some of ours and then we call for revenge from our air conditioned offices while sipping coffee!! Adventurous Life!!

While i for one will always be support and calling for strong retaliation, i except the government officials (on BOTH sides) to have a coll head on their soldiers and normalize the situation. The Indian gov under the current extremist rule is enough danger to peace, we do not need hot shots blowing things further out of proportion.

100%. We are human before we are Hindu-Muslim, Pakistani-Indian, Pepsi-Coke etc.

Musharraf stopped this about 15 years ago. During the 90's when Pakistan was openly supporting the freedom fighters, India's government would regularly ask for ceasefires so all parties could come to the table and talk. Towards the end large parts of the Kashmir valley weren't even being patrolled by the Indian army as it was deemed to dangerous.

Maybe Musharraf had honourable intentions when he stopped support - maybe he was a coward, but instead of trying to make peace - India has been emboldened.

For your information, there has been a constant stream of intruders, and they have mounted suicide attacks as well. Whether the support was open or clandestine, it continued, without let-up. In response, the Army stepped up its efforts. Today no part of the Valley remains uncovered.

There was no effort at ceasing hostile support; there was no question of responding to a gesture that remained symbolic and was never honoured in practice. India has a steady policy, determined by government, and not one that gets emboldened or disheartened by transient action.

For your information, there has been a constant stream of intruders, and they have mounted suicide attacks as well. Whether the support was open or clandestine, it continued, without let-up. In response, the Army stepped up its efforts. Today no part of the Valley remains uncovered.

There was no effort at ceasing hostile support; there was no question of responding to a gesture that remained symbolic and was never honoured in practice. India has a steady policy, determined by government, and not one that gets emboldened or disheartened by transient action.
And what would that police be boss? Kill them rape them and burn them until they surrender to fate? How many more decades you think India will be following that same policy? Just asking. :)

And what would that police be boss? Kill them rape them and burn them until they surrender to fate? How many more decades you think India will be following that same policy? Just asking. :)

The policy is to maintain democratic systems and a democratic way of electing government leaders in the face of armed attacks. A policy that Pakistan might do well to support, considering what harm has been done within your own country by encouraging lawlessness in other countries. Your references to killing, raping and burning are self-serving and merely extend the propaganda parallel support to the policy of using 'non-state' actors in an open war against another state.

Shouldn't be naughty and pretend innocence. :disagree:

The policy is to maintain democratic systems and a democratic way of electing government leaders in the face of armed attacks. A policy that Pakistan might do well to support, considering what harm has been done within your own country by encouraging lawlessness in other countries. Your references to killing, raping and burning are self-serving and merely extend the propaganda parallel support to the policy of using 'non-state' actors in an open war against another state.

referendum is a democratic way too..

You cannot justify occupation of a land by holding election there boss!! What you call as my "Self-Serving" claims are things that even you wont be able to deny outright and we both know that.

referendum is a democratic way too..

Where relevant, yes, of course. If you want to know what the entire nation thinks about a particular issue, of course; if every village and hamlet wants to use it every day to roll back taxes that the village elders don't like, a referendum is quite useless. The Catalonian referendum was useless; there was a union of Catalonia with Spain in historical circumstances that cannot be replicated. Holding a referendum there today was tomfoolery.

Might as well ask for a referendum in Xijang (remember the place?) or Gansu, or Amdo and Kham.

You cannot justify occupation of a land by holding election there boss!! What you call as my "Self-Serving" claims are things that even you wont be able to deny outright and we both know that.

If you have already decided what I think and was going to say, and you have already answered it, all that is left for me to do is to applaud your one-man tennis match.

If you have already decided what I think and was going to say, and you have already answered it, all that is left for me to do is to applaud your one-man tennis match.
WHY would i do that with you? YOU OF ALL PEOPLE Joe? (One of those Indian members i have always respected and valued)
I am just stating what you DID SAID!!

What you call as my "Self-Serving" claims are things that even you wont be able to deny
was in response to:
Your references to killing, raping and burning are self-serving and merely extend the propaganda parallel support to the policy of using 'non-state' actors in an open war against another state.

The only addition i made was the confidence that even you wont deny it based on our previous interactions.

Where relevant, yes, of course. If you want to know what the entire nation thinks about a particular issue, of course; if every village and hamlet wants to use it every day to roll back taxes that the village elders don't like, a referendum is quite useless. The Catalonian referendum was useless; there was a union of Catalonia with Spain in historical circumstances that cannot be replicated. Holding a referendum there today was tomfoolery.
ho ho ho ! looks like you prefer democratic ways (referendum) where it only suits you .
either be a democrate or hypocrite .
dont play as a goody good democratic country while surpressing a large chunk of people who wants referendum .

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom