What's new

‘A victory for peace’: China helps broker Iran-Saudi diplomatic agreement

It is both, it is more a positive nickname derived from appearance and garment Modi wearing.

Bearing general netizen don't know much about India politics other than the impression that it is exceedingly difficult running a huge messy country like India.

You mean like this ?

02modi.jpg

Fi-M-Top10-Sensei-Masters-in-Movies-and-TV-480p30_480.jpg

lol

Why do Indians want to understand Chinese culture?

You know. The Chinese just look down on the Indians. It doesn't mean they lie and brag like Indians.

First of all, calling it "culture" would be a stretch. Let us more accurately call it civilization.

Also What is there not to study ?

1.4 humans stripped of their free will and voice and still mindlessly following orders of the CPC is a case study for all civilized societies.

Its a study on how humans can be turned into mindless drones with the use of CCTV, QR code and "Social credit score". I think there needs to be MORE study on it, not less.

Besides chinese are free to "look down" on Indians. It does not make the slightest difference in the world to anybody, least of all to Indians. The whole world recognize that "superiority complex" is a reaction to a deep feeling of inferiority. You at best earn our sympathy.

Finally, entire chinese presence in pdf is to "lie and brag". That is why the Wumao exist and its state sponsored. This is how the world knows you. projection, the mental process by which people attribute to others what is in their own minds.

This is bad. I’m not sure how it will impact the greater economy. Your deposits are only insured up to $250k per the Feds.
If I were an American, I would immediately withdraw all my deposits, no matter which bank it is in. Because interbank lending between American banks is very common, we don't know how many banks will be dragged down by Wall Street banks in the end.

You mean like this ?

02modi.jpg

First of all, calling it "culture" would be a stretch. Let us more accurately call it civilization.

1.4 humans stripped of their free will and voice and still mindlessly following orders of the CPC is a case study for all civilized societies.

Its a study on how humans can be turned into mindless drones with the use of CCTV, QR code and "Social credit score". I think there needs to be MORE study on it, not less.

Besides chinese are free to "look down" on Indians. It does not make the slightest difference in the world to anybody, least of all to Indians. The whole world recognize that "superiority complex" is a reaction to a deep feeling of inferiority. You at best earn our sympathy.

Finally, entire chinese presence in pdf is to "lie and brag". That is why the Wumao exist and its state sponsored. This is how the world knows you. projection, the mental process by which people attribute to others what is in their own minds.
what is your "opinion" on the thread topic, if I can called it an opinion...

You mean like this ?

02modi.jpg

A Dalit country talks about "freedom". Indians boast and lie again. isn't it?

I can understand that Indians are full of misunderstanding about the modern world because of serious hunger and malnutrition. If Indians can stop lying and bragging. I believe India will be richer than Bangladesh.

But the problem is that 1.4 billion Indians are all Dalits. Do you think 1.4 billion Indian Dalits will make India look close to the modern civilized world?

Screenshot_20230126_125444.jpg

First. Let 1.4 billion Indian Dalits get rid of hunger and malnutrition. I will look forward to Dalit helping India make progress.

That is some aggressive diplomacy trying to wedge a split in US global alliance. But it seems to be working.

Anyway Off Topic I really wanted some chinese members to help me regarding a recent article I read.

How Is India Viewed in China?

This was written by a Chinese Author, Mu Chunshan. A Beijing-based journalist and is from the prestigious "Diplomat" magazine.

The article says,

"Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has an unusual nickname on the Chinese internet: Modi Laoxian (莫迪老仙).

Laoxian refers to an elderly immortal with some weird abilities. The nickname implies that Chinese netizens think Modi is different – even more amazing – than other leaders. They point to both his dress and physical appearance, seen as laoxian-like, and some of his policies, which are different from India’s previous ones.

In particular, as discussed above, India led by Modi can maintain a balance among major countries in the world. Whether it is Russia, the United States, or Global South countries, India can enjoy friendly ties with all of them, which is very admirable to some Chinese netizens. So the word “laoxian” reflects the complex sentiment of Chinese people toward Modi, combining curiosity, astonishment, and perhaps a dash of cynicism.

I have been doing international media reports for nearly 20 years and it is rare for Chinese netizens to give a nickname to a foreign leader. Modi’s nickname stands out above all others. Clearly he has made an impression on Chinese public opinion."

How accurate is this assessment and what does (莫迪老仙) mean in Chinese ?

@beijingwalker can you assist ?
Laoxian is an old man who pretends to be an immortal to fool people for his personal gains. This probably came from a character 星宿老-丁春秋in novel 天龙八部. I don’t think it’s a very positive word.

Xi jingping sure portrays himself as a cartoon character than a political one.

Is that why Winnie the pooh is banned in china ?

China bans Winnie the Pooh film after comparisons to President Xi

I was just giving an honest answer to your question bruh, ther is really nothing flattery about that nickname. Fact is none of Modis predecessors built their personal image as some wicked Hindu cult leader like Modi does, the way he dresses, talks and staying close to the likes of Yogi Adityanath all enhance that image of his. that's usually the first impression of him for people outside of India

I was just giving an honest answer to your question bruh, ther is really nothing flattery about that nickname. Fact is none of Modis predecessors built their personal image as some wicked Hindu cult leader like Modi does, the way he dresses, talks and staying close to the likes of Yogi Adityanath all enhance that image of his. that's usually the first impression of him for people outside of India

Modi did not build his "image", the Media did. But the people know better than to blindly go by media image. He was an RSS Pracharak i.e. "preacher" and that too is not an "image", just reality.

Yogi Adityanath is an actual Sanyasi. Its not an "image", its a reality. He is the chief "saint" of the Goraknath peeth of the ancient Nath Samparaday or "path".

One can let ignorance and prejudice be your guide to forming first impressions or one can make informed opnions. First is what a Racist does, second is what a civilized person does.

So this more of a reflection on china than on Modi. And that is my honest answer too.

Xi jingping sure portrays himself as a cartoon character than a political one.

Is that why Winnie the pooh is banned in china ?

China bans Winnie the Pooh film after comparisons to President Xi

Very funny. A group of backward agricultural countries do not even have Disneyland. But they want to talk to the Chinese about Winnie the Pooh....

Can Indian people go to Disneyland once in their life?

But the only problem is that Winnie the Pooh is really banned in China?? really??

I would not be surprise if China replies back to Pakistan, in their subtle manner, that it wants IK back in power, as it doesn’t want to see Pakistan sliding back into the US camp (and out of a balanced neutrality) in the manner Bajwa did, and undermine BRI.
Chinese ruling clique absolutely and utterly despised his holiness (sinful godless commies don't recognize a mahdi when they see One)

Back
Top Bottom