What's new

‘A victory for peace’: China helps broker Iran-Saudi diplomatic agreement

I am replying to your post because i saw your response about Hindu people being attacked in Pakistan for playing Holi.
Here is my take here...Holi is a festival of color. But out of 150 crore people, even if 0.1% pathetic people exist, still it is a huge number...That is exactly the reason, you see many instances of racism, misbehavior, and many incidents which can not be even explained here...And yes, I agree with you, that it is not something funny for women to play Holi in a public space if the crown is not known to each other...

But does that mean, overall everyone who plays holi is on a look out to molest any Women in on street? Of course it is not true..It is not true because it does not happen in a significant proportion based on the population and the people who are involved in the festival...
When these things keep happening and people know there is a risk, in many countries politicians do outreach to young people to reiterate how the law expects them to behave. When these kinds of events still happen, and people are not punished severely enough for it to be a deterrent, foreigners and citizens alike come to a conclusion that some level it is acceptable behavior or at least not seen as a serious matter.

Be it vandalism of minority groups houses of worship in each other’s countries or of minority or marginalized communities, State backing or silence on the manner emboldens fringe elements. The perception of anarchy is off putting to potential visitors, investors, etc. This is also why many East Asian cities are considered very safe for women. The governments in these countries knew labor force participation of women, a need for high economic growth, is dependent on women feeling safe to travel at all hours of the day and night.

The South Korean clubs ( its not just one but multiple in that area according to the video) barring the entry of Pakistanis and Indians was very specific. No other nationalities were explicitly singled out.

Last edited:
The problems in Pakistan are very complicated, but if Pakistan wants to develop its economy, the key lies in Gwadar Port. Become a regional transportation hub. India also knows the importance of Gwadar to Pakistan. The media smeared the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, diplomatically wooed the Taliban in Afghanistan, and supported TTP financially. Threatened by the United States, the Pakistani military was forced to choose a compromise. Currently, the political situation in Pakistan is unresolved. ik is in danger.
I know China doesn’t like to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries, especially not friendly and complicated nations like Pakistan, but was China satisfied with IK’s government in so far as how CPEC was progressing?

I understand the pandemic slowed down much of the planned initiatives being considered and planned for.

Should IK return to power, what kind of policies would his government have to enact, above and beyond what has already been proposed, to make it a better destination for investment considering that many developing Chinese provinces are also seeking investment?

China brokering rapprochement between Saudi and Iran opens the possibility that other hinderance in the region, which affect CPEC could be tackled. Is a Chinese brokered rapprochement between Pakistan and Afghanistan in the works, such that it would facilities BRI initiatives?

"老仙" means a preacher(charlatan). China is an atheistic country, you can guess whether the word "老仙" is derogatory or commendatory.

"老仙" is not to praise Modi for how magical he is, but to laugh at Modi for inciting stupid Indians like a preacher inciting ignorant people.

In a sense, "老仙" means more like "clown", "liar" and "leader of fools".
Didn’t see you for a while on the forum. Thought something might have happened. Good to see your back. What are your thought on the new 24 characters under President Xi, and how it may related to BRI?

I know China doesn’t like to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries, especially not friendly and complicated nations like Pakistan, but was China satisfied with IK’s government in so far as how CPEC was progressing?

I understand the pandemic slowed down much of the planned initiatives being considered and planned for.

Should IK return to power, what kind of policies would his government have to enact, above and beyond what has already been proposed, to make it a better destination for investment considering that many developing Chinese provinces are also seeking investment?

China brokering rapprochement between Saudi and Iran opens the possibility that other hinderance in the region, which affect CPEC could be tackled. Is a Chinese brokered rapprochement between Pakistan and Afghanistan in the works, such that it would facilities BRI initiatives?

Non-interference in internal affairs is a principle, and selective interference in internal affairs is opportunism.

Both Pakistan and Afghanistan need internal adjustments, and China can only wait and take a long-term view.

An Iranian-Saudi rapprochement could have positive implications for the region, including Pakistan and Afghanistan.

We usually sees bunch of yankees, indian old friends in every Chinese related thread, where are they.

It's a good news for Eurasian people.

Even for Israel people.

But bad news for warmongers who suck money from weapons and war around Israel state.

The transportation hub of Gwadar Port is best to pass through Afghanistan. Through cooperation with Afghanistan, it will reduce the difficulty of negotiating and resolving the ttp issue. It seems to take time. China is changing its thinking and accelerating industrial cooperation with Middle Eastern countries and Iran. Gwadar Free Trade Zone petrochemical industry, Pakistan-Iran-Middle East-India-Bangladesh energy pipeline (in the future there will be Russia and Central Asia), Southeast Asia-Bangladesh-India-Pakistan-Europe-Middle East railway, and other ideas related countries can discuss. What would Afghanistan think?

This is China's idea of building a community with a shared future. The rise of South Asia, the rise of the Middle East. Iran and Saudi Arabia embark on the road to peace.

Last edited:
Bad news for Western powers.
Actually this is pretty good news for western powers since less problems in ME. Especially keeping the oil flowing out in the ME.

blame the russian military. Their underperformance on the battlefield is what gives the Ukrainians false hope.
Like when Afghans were fighting the Russians during the 1980s? It was false hope that they could beat the Russians even with millions of Afghans dead.

Go jump off a cliff

LOL, petty af for giving me negative ratings. Do you think that gives you power over me?
Nah, you literally used insults and told me to kill myself. That's not petty, you're breaking forum rules.

@LeGenD @waz

It’s good to see China diversifying its bet and not get too reliant on CPEC/Pakistan.

Chinese investment in Iran, provided its not with extremely lopsided conditions should be beneficial for both Iran and China.

For Pakistan, let’s hope it gets its house in order and then think about investment from other countries.

Didn’t see you for a while on the forum. Thought something might have happened. Good to see your back. What are your thought on the new 24 characters under President Xi, and how it may related to BRI?
I have recently acquired a number of new customers, and the workload has increased significantly. I may not have much time to browse PDF this year.

I have no feeling for Xi Jinping's new talk. I don't support his third term.

Like when Afghans were fighting the Russians during the 1980s? It was false hope that they could beat the Russians even with millions of Afghans dead.
That was an unjust invasion condemned by almost every country in the world, whereas the Ukraine situation is rather complicated and majority of the global community chose to stay neutral.

Busy lining up outside of collapsing banks trying to get their money out lol
I remember that last year, a rural bank in Henan Province of China had a fraud case involving 20 billion yuan (2.8 billion US dollars) of deposits.

At that time, these Americans cheered for this. They believed that the one rural bank could make China's economy collapse.

Now it is a Silicon Valley bank involving 175.4 billion dollars.

I remember that last year, a rural bank in Henan Province of China had a fraud case involving 20 billion yuan (2.8 billion US dollars) of deposits.

At that time, these Americans cheered for this. They believed that the one rural bank could make China's economy collapse.

Now it is a Silicon Valley bank involving 175.4 billion dollars.
This is bad. I’m not sure how it will impact the greater economy. Your deposits are only insured up to $250k per the Feds.

Back
Top Bottom