What's new

a tribute to the women of pakistan........

Famous lawyer and Human Rights Activist.

22967477fc6391a9708fad82ac9dc469.jpg

Asma Jahangir

f4b90f8896fd100bd1a39af1863cab30.jpg

Nazia Hassan (April 3, 1965 – August 13, 2000) was an iconic Pakistani pop singer.

She is known as one of the pioneers of pop music in Pakistan. Her music was also very popular in India and in other parts of the world.

Nazia Hassan was also a lawyer and worked as a political analyst for the United Nations.
She died of cancer in 2000.

The Government of Pakistan has conferred upon Nazia Hassan the highest civil award Pride of Performance. The award was presented to Mrs. Muniza Basir, mother of Nazia Hassan by the former President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf in an official ceremony held at Islamabad on 23rd March 2002.

nasimzehra.jpg

Nasim Zehra is an Associate Fellow of the Asia Society and a Fellow of Harvard University Asia Center. She served on the Pakistan’s Presidential Advisory Committee on Foreign Policy and National Security from 2000-2002, and in 2005, was appointed as Pakistan’s Special Envoy on UN Reforms.

25f7011837cc4b3fb1410cbac4489ae4.jpg

Two Pakistani women, Nasim Zehra and Mumtaz Zahra Baloch.

Nasim Zehra (left), an associate at the Asia Center, and Mumtaz Zahra Baloch, first secretary at the Pakistan embassy in Washington, D.C., talk and listen during the daylong conference 'The Critical Engagement: Pakistan and U.S. Relations' in the Tsai Auditorium at CGIS. (Staff photos Kris Snibbe/Harvard News Office).

Justice (Retired) Majida Rizvi, was the first female judge to the High Court in Pakistan and has also worked as head of the Women's Commission. She then chaired the Pakistani National Commission on Status of Women. Now retired, she works as a women's rights defender and is one of the founders of a shelter for victims of domestic violence - Panah.

Mashallah our women are beautyful, talented and just wonderful we are proud of u!

I remember listening to Nazia Hassan when I was a kid. I was enchanted by that voice :D
I cant forget one particular song of hers, ever...

This is the song I am talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite Nazia Hassan song. The music video of the song shows the culture of Pakistan beautifully and Nazia Hassan is looking beautiful as well at the same time very decent.

nadia khan-one of the most successful pakistani tv hosts

ef4cb735c32dfbeb5aaf17e3e249ea2d.jpg

After seeing all these successful ladies I hope outsiders see pakistani women are not as oppressed as the western media make out .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom