What's new

A TRIBUTE TO THE LEGENDARY MUSLIM ARTISTS OF BOLLYWOOD

Pakistanisage

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I would like to open this thread to honour all the Muslim Artist of Bollywood, especially the actors and actresses who were legendary in their own right. These artists deeply contributed to the beauty of Indian Filmmaking and Bollywood would not be the same without their valuable contributions.

I would request all members of PDF to refrain from trolling and please do not derail this thread. My request to the moderators like the @WebMaster and @Aeronaut and others to please ban the trollers and violators to keep the thread functional.

In my humble opinion the following artist deserve to be on this list. Please feel free to add the names of your favorite artist to make the list more comprehensive. Please remember the key word in this context is “ Legendary “:

1. Meena Kumari ( Mehjebeen Bano )
2. Madhubala ( Mumtaz Jehan Dehlevi )
3. Dilip Kumar ( Yousef Khan ).
4. Mumtaz
5. Salman Khan
6. Aamir Khan
7. Shahrukh Khan
8. Saif Ali Khan
9. Amjad Khan
10. Waheeda Rehman
11. Nargis Dutt ( Fatima Rashid )( name added courtesy @joekrish )
12. Naseeruddin shah ( name added courtesy @joekrish )

I will begin by posting some of my favorite songs picturised on Meena Kumari:

Piya Aiso Jiya Mein - Meena Kumari, Geeta Dutt, Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam Song - YouTube

Dil Apna Preet Parai - Meena Kumari - YouTube

teri dunia se door ho ke chaly majboor humein yaad rakhna - YouTube

Dil Jo Na Keha Saka - Meena Kumari, Lata Mangeshkar, Bheegi Raat Song - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favourite

Iftekhar_Khan_%28d.1995%29.jpg

@Pakistanisage

Thank you & well done for opening a tribute thread on the achievement of minority community in India. :tup:

Alas.. if only I could reciprocate...

You should reciprocate but you didn't because you are Ignorant.

You are ignorant of many of our Artist who are Hindus and Christians.

Let me give you few legendary names of Pakistani artists, as a contribution to you and your countrymen's education.

1. Shamim Ara ( Putli Bai - Hindu )

2. Shabnum ( Jharna Basak - Hindu )

3. Filmstar Rozina ( Christian )

There are numerous stalwarts of Lollywood who are Christians and Hindus.

@Pakistanisage

Thank you & well done for opening a tribute thread on the achievement of minority community in India. :tup:

Alas.. if only I could reciprocate...

on the other side of coin, they are not any minority here... most of them dictated BW box office... which means crores of non-muslims accepted their films... i would like to say atleast don't involve religion in this industry....

images

A photograph of Amjad Khan along with his co-stars Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra and Sanjeev Kumar taken during the filming of their movie "Sholay"

on the other side of coin, they are not any minority here... most of them dictated BW box office... which means crores of non-muslims accepted their films... i would like to say atleast don't involve religion in this industry....

Crores of people accept them only after they lose their identities.

In the old days these great artists had to take on HINDU names to be accepted ( i.e. Meena Kumari, Madhubala, Dilip Kumar ).

Nowadays they have to marry a Hindu woman to be accepted ( Shahrukh Khan ) or have a Hindu mother ( Saif Ali khan) or have a Hindu stepmother and celebrate Ganesh ( Salman Khan ) to be accepted.

Some of these all time greats had to make great sacrifices to be accepted in a conservative predominantly hostile environment.

Please don't peddle your acceptance BS on this thread.

You think any Muslim who declares his strong Islamic roots will be accepted in Bollywood ?

Give me a break....

Let me give you few legendary names of Pakistani artists, as a contribution to your and your countrymen's education.

With all due respect... haven't heard any of the names you have mentioned above or the fact that there are numerous minority stalwarts in your movie industry. I'm sure that's the view by most of my fellow countrymen here as we don't follow your industry much.

So it's better if you open a thread on the achievement of your minority community so that ignorants like me can be made aware of the opportunities Pakistan provides to it's people.

With all due respect... haven't heard any of the names you have mentioned above or the fact that there are numerous minority stalwarts in your movie industry. I'm sure that's the view by most of my fellow countrymen here as we don't follow your industry much.

So it's better if you open a thread on the achievement of your minority community so that ignorants like me can be made aware of the opportunities Pakistan provides to it's people.

Sir, the two names I mentioned were the top Box office Giants of Pakistan film industry as any Pakistani could testify.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabnam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamim_Ara

Nowadays they have to marry a Hindu woman to be accepted ( Shahrukh Khan ) or have a Hindu mother ( Saif Ali khan) or have a Hindu stepmother and celebrate Ganesh ( Salman Khan ) to be accepted.

You are too wrong, our society is more liberal.

Let me give you few legendary names of Pakistani artists, as a contribution to you and your countrymen's education.

Even in this day and age, your Hindus have to use fake Islamic names?

KIS BAAT PE LARR RAHEY HO SAAREY..........HINDU, MUSLIM, SIKH, CHRISTIAN.......NOT THE ISSUE HERE......DISCUSS THE ARTISTS, SHARE THEIR HISTORY, WORK, PERSONAL LIFE, ETC ETC ...... IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH MUSLIM ARTISTS, HE OR SHE CAN OPEN A THREAD ABOUT HINDU ARTISTS OR WHATEVER RELIGION TO THEY BELONG!!

NO MORE DISCUSSION ON THIS ISSUE!

Back
Top Bottom