What's new

A tale of two cities

Fighter488

Reaction score
A change is definitely taking place !!!!!

Very interesting! If every picture is worth a thousand words, these two are worth two MILLION words!!

This is Karachi in Pakistan ...

And this is Dewsbury in the United Kingdom ...

A change is definitely taking place !!!!!

Very interesting! If every picture is worth a thousand words, these two are worth two MILLION words!!

This is Karachi in Pakistan ...

And this is Dewsbury in the United Kingdom ...

Its already been posted.. :D

What's so amazing about picture?Pakistan has never been like Dubai or Arab countries - Our country has been quite liberal except maybe during Zia's time.Besides Pakistan does not put any restrictions on women (Like not allowed to drive etc).

Not really, taking one picture and considering it a proper depiction of a country is stupid.

In any city, some parts that are very clean and modern while some are slums. Paris, New York, Toronto etc have dirty parts and Karachi, Lahore, Bombay may have some chic streets. You cannot compare chic streets of Karachi to the ethnic streets of London. This is not fair nor does it gives overall picture. I am sure some people can post photos of modern shopping centers and contrast it with families defecating outside in Bombay and call it tale of one city.

Last edited:
I must say, Karachi seems very clean and nice in that picture.

Does that surprise you? Its an important city, the business capital of Pakistan; and like any subcontinental city of the 21st century has parts that is good as any other city. Though what i'd seen was some years ago, i'm sure they have got better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom