What's new

A question about MAPNA group activity in Pakistan

Muhammed45

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
MAPNA is a known industrial company based in Iran.

MAPNA is still active in Azerbaijan, Iraq and Syria. I wanted to know about their recent activity in Pakistan. I remember they installed a power plant in central Pakistan in year 2016.

GUDDU REHABILITATION PROJECT ACCOMPLISHED
Fundamental rehabilitation of two gas units in Guddu Power Plant in central Pakistan was officially announced complete on March 12 during a ceremony attended by Water and Power Secretary Muhammad Younas Dagha.

Two V94.2 gas units in Guddu thermal power plant, one of Pakistan’s key power sources, were rehabilitated by MAPNA Group during a strictly regimented 90-day schedule.

The first gas unit under rehabilitation was synchronized on January 16, 2016 on the 59th day of the project, while the second unit was synchronized on day 87, March 9th, 2016.

Successful completion of the project and Pakistani officials’ satisfaction is expected to pave the way for MAPNA’s active participation in other power projects across this South Asian country.

Faced with severe power shortage across the country, the government of Pakistan has launched various projects to meet the increasing electricity demands of industry and home consumers.

https://www.mapnagroup.com/en/news/power/guddu-rehabilitation-project-accomplished

b320b07f-0a60-42b7-a6d0-c0b13c2800a4_500_316.jpg

This is a thread about economics. My personal interest in MAPNA group is beyond explanation, so i have to ask Pakistani members in case if they had any news about recent activities of this group in their country.
Are they still actively working in Pakistan or they have done only 1 project and then left the country?

This is a thread about economics. My personal interest in MAPNA group is beyond explanation, so i have to ask Pakistani members in case if they had any news about recent activities of this group in their country.
Are they still actively working in Pakistan or they have done only 1 project and then left the country?
As u mentioned 2016 , so Kulbushan , Uzair Baloch , Iran drone shot down by Pakistan in mid 2017 all happened after that . Pakistan usually don't deal with countries which are hostile to Pakistan state and Iran after Chabahar port , Providing access to RAW in border areas , recruiting Pakistanis for Foreign fights and pushing Covid-19 patients to Pakistan will not involve/invite Iranian Industry/investment company . Pakistan will colloborate with China on this issue now . As we are doing in Dasu Hydro Project , Mohmand Dam , Diamer Basha Dam and several other Projects as well . Sorry to discuss security / strategic issues as u said its about economics but nowadays everything is linked to Security/strategic/foreign affairs

As u mentioned 2016 , so Kulbushan , Uzair Baloch , Iran drone shot down by Pakistan in mid 2017 all happened after that . Pakistan usually don't deal with countries which are hostile to Pakistan state and Iran after Chabahar port , Providing access to RAW in border areas , recruiting Pakistanis for Foreign fights and pushing Covid-19 patients to Pakistan will not involve/invite Iranian Industry/investment company . Pakistan will colloborate with China on this issue now . As we are doing in Dasu Hydro Project , Mohmand Dam , Diamer Basha Dam and several other Projects as well . Sorry to discuss security / strategic issues as u said its about economics but nowadays everything is linked to Security/strategic/foreign affairs
Yeah i get it. btw, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this matter. A good hint about China, gave me some clue.

I don't think that hostility really exists. With Pakistan doing operations in Baluchistan coordinated with Iran, Inshallah we can overcome mostly foreign imposed challenges on our relations. A matter of time.

Back
Top Bottom